Gimbal noise
8286 25 2022-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WOW2IIZlq6Cn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 893625 ft
United Kingdom

Got the mini 2 and whenever I get it back home I have a high pitched noise coming from what seems to be the gimbal area. Never crashed the drone or anything this just started happening the other day. Any fix or advice from anyone will be helpful
2022-3-8
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Do you see any issues with camera level or anything when flying?

It's a basic suggestion, but I think there is a gimbal calibration option in the DJI Fly app... Under camera settings maybe?

Have you tried that as a first step?
2022-3-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal auto-calibration and IMU calibration then check if the issue persists? If you could provide a sample video showing the issue that would be a great help for us to further isolate this problem of yours. Please keep us posted. Thank you
2022-3-8
Use props
djiuser_zjngOJnqzKmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236834 ft

Romania

youtube.com/watch?v=t7AVm7Cgl6k
I have this problem.. i bought the drone today and i'm very sad about this sound. I try gimbal auto-calibration and IMU calibration and nothing..i think it's a software problem
2022-3-22
Use props
FrankMNL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77635 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_zjngOJnqzKmc Posted at 3-22 14:17
youtube.com/watch?v=t7AVm7Cgl6k
I have this problem.. i bought the drone today and i'm very sad about this sound. I try gimbal auto-calibration and IMU calibration and nothing..i think it's a software problem

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with a new Mini 3 Pro. It has a high-pitched noise when stabilized, exactly as shown in the video.
Is there a solution for this problem?

Calibration has not resolved the problem.
2022-6-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I noticed this with one specific nd filter I have 2 exact same nd8 filters same brand same everything and one causes this slight wobble and high pitch noise. This is only since the last firmware update. Seems the motor strength has been reduced!
2022-6-14
Use props
djiuser_ABPp42zCRwXL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 236801 ft
Romania

I have the same issue with my Mini 2. Crashed my first drone - which worked perfectly -, received a new one under the DJI Care Refresh plan, and straight out of the box the gimbal makes the same noise. Not only this, but I can't use ND filters, it says "gimbal stuck". The same ND filters which I had no problem using with my first Mini 2. I'm dissapointed...
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_fjAXJWereNi5
New
Brazil

Hello I have the same problem with my DJI mini 3 PRO. Is there a solution? My gimbal is making the same noise and  my images are unstable.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_fjAXJWereNi5
New
Brazil

Hello I have the same problem with my DJI mini 3 PRO. Is there a solution? My gimbal is making the same noise and  my images are unstable.
2022-7-3
Use props
NCCruiser
New
Flight distance : 9259 ft
United States

I have the same issue.  It makes noise the entire time it's not flying.  I can't determine if it's doing it during flight.  I've only had it a few days and it's been doing it since day 1.  If I pick it up, and hold it vertical, the noise stops, and starts again when it's horizontal.

I've done the DJI Assistant 2 calibration.  I get a gimbal error on every startup but it seems to move just fine.  I've tried to calibrate it but it won't calibrate.  I've tried all the other calibrations available.

Is this normal?
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_XMsd8tmrmA4f
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mini 3 pro, I have the same issue, I don't know what to do. I Tried every calibration: IMU, Compas, Gimbal, but nothing worked.
Is there any solution how to fix it?
2022-7-12
Use props
AirWings
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here. High pitched noise as soon as power on. Just got it yesterday. Does this need to be returned or is there a fix?
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_f4k170w5zdz3
New

United States

Same problem here. Second time flying my mini 3 pro and I got the same high-pitched noise coming from the gimbal. It was not doing it out of the box and during the first time I flew the mini 3. I’ve done the calibrations, resets and the noise is still there. Any solution DJI?
2022-7-14
Use props
djiuser_XMsd8tmrmA4f
lvl.1

Kyrgyzstan

@DJI, any Solutions how to fix it ?

2022-7-15
Use props
Hahnemann
New
Denmark

mine have the same noise ! - but not from the beginning.. any solution on this @DJI
2022-7-17
Use props
djiuser_Taj4HXfFI5Zc
New

Australia

FrankMNL Posted at 6-13 12:29
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with a new Mini 3 Pro. It has a high-pitched noise when stabilized, exactly as shown in the video.
Is there a solution for this problem?

I have the same issue, I got my mini 3 pro two days ago and I don’t know if the gimble sound normal or not. Please let’s me know if you got any information as I am worried about my drone and I don’t know if the sound is normal

Thank you.
2022-8-5
Use props
djiuser_5anQ2H796gnz
New

United States

I am having the same issue with gimbal noise, started as soon as I powered up the drone. Any fixes for this issue yet? I have also updated the firmware and calibrated the Inuit with no success.
2022-8-17
Use props
djiuser_iV7FRNxPxmLk
New

Australia

Mini 3 3 weeks old, gimbal has just started a constant high pitch screech
2022-8-31
Use props
naahuel
lvl.1

Argentina

I have the same problem! I have had the Mini 2 for a few months now (I think over 6)

I came back from a trip where I recorded some clips with the mini 2. When I watched them on my computer I was very sad to see some videos have severe wobble.

The drone has NEVER been crashed, never even scraped a branch, I don't even TOUCH the gimbal, I am extremely careful. Here are the videos:

wobble at beginning: https://youtu.be/lZHioW0lamM

wobble at 0:20 https://youtu.be/s2Ry3d_bi4Q

Hopefully it's very visible.

I thought maybe it was windy? It wasn't really. Surely not enough for the drone to notify me about me string wind.

I inspected the drone on my desk and noticed a very ugly high pitch noise/vibration when the gimbal is at certain positions: https://youtu.be/5AwnI4BkSbI

Sometimes it doesn't make the sound (but must of the times I've tested it it does)

Sometimes it's at different positions (like -90° or -45°), but mostly at -90° (all the way looking down)

Doesn't seem to cause the wobble, i've recorded videos with the drone on the desk while the gimbal was making the sound and it seems totally fine.

If I slightly touch the gimbal I can feel the vibration and it stops when I'm touching it but resumes afterwards.

So... what caused the wobbly videos? Is this sound normal? I've looked all over and many people reported this sound. Some say they fixed it by downgrading the firmware, others simply returned the drone to DJI because it was new....
2022-9-23
Use props
djiuser_MvlNn4K0mp0g
New

Belgium

Having the same issue. Minj 3 pro is not 6 months old but there's a high pitched whine coming from the gimbal motors. When i take the lens cap (which u use to change filters) off, it stops. If i hold it vertical, it stops. If i use something small to slightly push against gimbal to give it more resistance, it stops as well. But you can feel it vibrate at high frequency.
Imu calibration and gimbal calibration did not help. Has anyone solved this issue and know if it falls under dji warranty?
2022-12-17
Use props
Outflyin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 764590 ft
United States

Same problem with my new Mini 3 Pro.  Everything else seems normal except IMU Calibration stops at 2/5 and 95% and never completes.
2022-12-27
Use props
tomasecardoso
New

Portugal

Same issue here. High pitched screeched on the mini 3 pro that starts at 30º and goes all the way down to 90º looking down. Tried eveyr calibration. It stops when anything slightly touches the gimbal or camera. Seems like a motor power issue. My camera gimbal would do the same kind of noise when it was off balance and I tried to turn it on. When can we get a fix for this?
2023-1-4
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-3-8 17:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the gimbal auto-calibration and IMU calibration then check if the issue persists? If you could provide a sample video showing the issue that would be a great help for us to further isolate this problem of yours. Please keep us posted. Thank you

As always, DJI admins keep on "resolving" the problem by suggesting actions the users already have taken.  

If DJI Paladin "administrator" (of what? kindergarten?) just could read the excellent troubleshooting that many users have done here and then come back with a working solution. But no!
I suspect DJI Paladin has no idea what a drone is and just keep copying and pasting useless advice to no avail!
2023-1-4
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4287060 ft
United States

I have the dji mini 2 and am now having the same problem never crashed but it whines just like in video on startup then goes away after warm up unless I tilt the gimbal below 30 degrees then if comes back also any ND filter causes the noise all the time please help I bought refurbished on ebay and really wanna know if I bought a broken drone or if this is just a software issue
2023-2-18
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
United States

Hello again I have sent in my drone to dji its only 4 months old an never crashed so I'll let everyone k ow what dji said the problem was that caused my mini 2 gimbal to make the high pitch noise and I'll also let you know if dji ho or the warranty
2023-2-22
Use props
djiuser_Phar3uPblEBb
lvl.2
United States

So just got my email from dji they said the gimbal axis arm module needed to be replaced and the esc board was replaced as a precaution the gimbal arm module was 33 dollars and the esc board was 14 dollars so repair would have been 47 dollars in parts 60 dollars in labor bringing the total of repair to 107 dollars usd but dji has made good on there warranty and all parts an labor are free of charge they said I'll have my drone back in 3-6 business days I must say the repair process was painless and dji was great at every step of the way
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules