Noob Question NAZA
965 7 2014-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi,

My Phantom 2 Vision arrives monday (tomorrow) so I have not had any experiance at all, but I am reading about it and watching the youtube videos. One thing that I keep seeing is ground station and NAZA,  If i'm not mistaken NAZA allowes autonomus flight via waypoints ?

Does the Phantom2 have this out of the box, or is it an add-on or some kind of mod?  I see youtube videos that suggests its a mod, but I am left unsure.

T.I.A

Ump..
2014-11-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The Vision app has Ground Station built into it and works in either Phantom or NAZA mode.
But I would not worry about autonomous flight until you have mastered the basics of flying a Phantom.
Read the manual thoroughly and follow the quick start and pilot training guides first.   
2014-11-30
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Yep - sure will...  I must say that the footage from these things are awe-inspiring, I think some machines are perhaps modified in some way or another & probably illegal - lol, but breath taking non the less.
2014-11-30
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Indeed they are awesome, but take it easy to start with...
2014-11-30
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Agree, get some fly time under your belt before setting off on Ground Station missions, and before considering NAZA mode.

NAZA mode enables some flight control options which change the behavior of the controller sticks.  Useful features, but easily confusing if not understood.  Especially when still in the early stages of becoming familiar with Phantom.

You've probably already considered this, but I think one of the best pieces of advice for first time flyers is to keep the back of the Phantom facing you.  This helps to keep an intuitive relationship between the Phantom and the controller sticks.  

Enjoy!  
2014-11-30
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Hi, What does Naza-M stand for ?

I have messed with the waypoints and think its very good.  It's home and course lock today.
2014-12-3
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
United Kingdom

Naza-M is the main flight computer in the Phantom.
2014-12-4
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I found this,  for any other noob that would like to know :- http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Naza-M
2014-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules