16311 119 2022-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

No Original Thought Posted at 4-20 01:33
Thanks Wilfied, I'll take a look at that aswell.

Does it also do spherical panos?

Yes it does, it starts in automode, is very fast and can then be corrected as you prefer.
Very nice to play with, especially if you use special points of view, like full-down. As this one shows

And this is the projection-listing (but the selection is not the one of the above picture) :

ICE projections

ICE projections
2022-4-20
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270528 ft
Israel

Great tutorial.
Thanks
2022-5-4
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-4 11:04
Great tutorial.
However I can only save the piles as *.pano. How can view them in a different app?
Thanks

You need to click the cog icon to render the panorama out as a JPEG.
2022-5-4
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

Why is it that the DJI Fly app can create full 360 photos without the hole at the top?
Also, why is the export of the 360 photos from DJI Fly app so low res compared to what we see on the [hone screen while viewing the photo?
2022-5-4
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-4 23:05
Why is it that the DJI Fly app can create full 360 photos without the hole at the top?
Also, why is the export of the 360 photos from DJI Fly app so low res compared to what we see on the [hone screen while viewing the photo?

They use magic to fill the hole at the top.

I can only imagine that the magic they use fried their brains a little causing them to decide that we've like low-res final images and that we wouldn't like the option of choosing the output resiltion.
2022-5-4
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

Mattlehat Posted at 4-20 02:32
Hi. It's fixed now. Played around with the settings and changed default projection to 'sphere' from 'automatic' and that did the trick.
Thanks for following up!

Hi,
Where is this setting, please? In which menu?
Thanks
2022-5-4
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

No Original Thought Posted at 5-4 23:26
They use magic to fill the hole at the top.

I can only imagine that the magic they use fried their brains a little causing them to decide that we've like low-res final images and that we wouldn't like the option of choosing the output resiltion.

Possibly.

Is it possible (with Auto Pano) to produce the earth-shaped 360?
I tried but I only got a 360 photo, bot a -drill down 360 like from the Fly App.

Also, pls see the following picture.
Here's the Skypixel exported photo from the DJI app - the photo is full (especially the center of the bridge).
https://www.skypixel.com/photos/my-product-cec62f5e-326a-49c4-9ea3-a424f3e5a59d?utm_source=copied&utm_medium=PCWeb&utm_campaign=share&sp=0
and then see the photo produced by this process - the whole bottom part is missing.

Note - there seems to be a problem exporting from the DJI app to Skypixel - the photos don't come up as 360. I'm posting here just to demostrate the bottom missing part.

Thanks

Untitled.jpg
2022-5-5
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-5 00:01
Possibly.

Is it possible (with Auto Pano) to produce the earth-shaped 360?
[Image]

At a guess is say you are either missing a photo from the AutoPano or the position of the image is wrong - if expect the two sides you have at the bottom to have been stretched out from the middle to fill the bottom of the Pano.

Could possibly be a protection settings thing as well.
2022-5-5
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm still struggling with filling in the black hole. It was OK until your instruction ste pitch to 90 and fov to 120 - can't get those to change - the line just disappears?
2022-5-5
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

No Original Thought Posted at 5-5 03:07
At a guess is say you are either missing a photo from the AutoPano or the position of the image is wrong - if expect the two sides you have at the bottom to have been stretched out from the middle to fill the bottom of the Pano.

Don't think so, as you can see the export from DJI FLY is ok
2022-5-5
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-5 03:23
Don't think so, as you can see the export from DJI FLY is ok

But have all of them images been imported into AutoPano and have they all positioned correctly automatically? The very bottom of the panorama image should bea single source image so that strange split at the bottom of yours suggests an image is in the wrong place.

From memory I think there are 26 images for a spherical panorama from the Mini 2.
2022-5-5
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

No Original Thought Posted at 5-5 03:07

Don't think anything's missing, pls refer to the screenshot from the DJI Fly app  - the pano is complete there.
To create the pano I imported all the files directly from the memory card.
2022-5-5
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

No Original Thought Posted at 5-5 10:13
But have all of them images been imported into AutoPano and have they all positioned correctly automatically? The very bottom of the panorama image should bea single source image so that strange split at the bottom of yours suggests an image is in the wrong place.

From memory I think there are 26 images for a spherical panorama from the Mini 2.

Checked yet again, indeed 26 files in the folder.
I produced the same pano using ICE, better but there's still a small black hole in the bottom part, see attached.
And also attached is the pano produced by DJI Fly app - no problems at all.
Photo_6553834_DJI_234_pano_42132841_0_2022422105338_photo_pano (Large).jpg
Screenshot_20220505-214247_VR Media Player (Large).jpg
2022-5-5
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-5 10:52
Checked yet again, indeed 26 files in the folder.
I produced the same pano using ICE, better but there's still a small black hole in the bottom part, see attached.
And also attached is the pano produced by DJI Fly app - no problems at all.[Image]

The Pano from DJI Fly will always be complete if the Spehrical Pano shot completed correctly.DJI Fly knows exactly how the photos were taken so has an advantage.

Importing the shots into another bit of software, however, is trickier as the software relies on meta data in the images - direction the camera was pointing, the tilt angle of the camera, etc.

Note also that the Mini 2 cannot take a photo directly upwards, yet DJI Fly uses an algorithm to make a very good guess as to what the sky might have looked like based on the other images.

AutoPano and ICE rely on the photos existing and the meta data making sense.

The directly down image could be confusing to other software as the camera is not actually pointing in any compass direction - even if the drone itself is.

As I said, when I import into AutoPano with the correct projection selected, the direct down photo is positioned in the bottom centre of the distorted image and is spread out across the bottom. In your its at the sides
2022-5-5
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

No Original Thought Posted at 5-5 11:42
The Pano from DJI Fly will always be complete if the Spehrical Pano shot completed correctly.DJI Fly knows exactly how the photos were taken so has an advantage.

Importing the shots into another bit of software, however, is trickier as the software relies on meta data in the images - direction the camera was pointing, the tilt angle of the camera, etc.

Using ICE, when I select the structured panorama option, I'm able to see all the 26 photos that comprise the panorama. I can't see any such black hole in the position where it appears in the end product. Strange.
Untitled (Small).png
2022-5-5
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-5 12:14
Using ICE, when I select the structured panorama option, I'm able to see all the 26 photos that comprise the panorama. I can't see any such black hole in the position where it appears in the end product. Strange.[Image]

I'm not familiar with ICE but in AutoPano there is a screen which shows you exactly how each individual image has been stretched to make up the panorama.

I'm not on my computer right now to be able to grab a screenshot, but will try to post one tomorrow.
2022-5-5
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wisniak Posted at 5-5 12:14
Using ICE, when I select the structured panorama option, I'm able to see all the 26 photos that comprise the panorama. I can't see any such black hole in the position where it appears in the end product. Strange.

OK, here's the screenshot.

Capture.PNG

To get to this screen, after the detection runs on your batch of photos and the preview appears in the right hand panel of the main UI, click the 'Edit' button at the top left of that right hand panel. The following screen will appear.

Then click the 'Images Mode' button (top red arrow in the screenshot).

When 'Images Mode' is enabled, move the mouse over the image and it will highlight each individual image to show where it is being used in the fused panorama image. In my case the bottom image is Image #5. I've also indicated this image with a red arrow in the list below the preview - as you can see it is the correct image as it has a pitch angle of -90 degrees i.e. straight down.

If it is the correct image that is being used then you can tweak the settings for each individual image in that list at the bottom to change how the image gets integrated into the final panorama. If the calculated focal length is wrong you will gets gaps in the image. If the yaw ange is wrong the panorama wont match up or will smear... a lot of tweaking can be done and it woudl be best to experiment to understand what each setting does.

2022-5-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-10 11:05
How to get rid of the black hole?

First of all we create a new image to fill the black hole with

I think I've cracked it. Have a look at this example that I've posted on Skypixel, if you will.
Tell me what you think?

https://www.skypixel.com/photo360s/chunal1
2022-5-10
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-10 12:25
I think I've cracked it. Have a look at this example that I've posted on Skypixel, if you will.
Tell me what you think?

That sky is 100% spot on now from what I can see...

You gotta tell us how you did it now - that looks as good as the Fly app versions, if not better.
2022-5-10
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 5-10 14:03
That sky is 100% spot on now from what I can see...

You gotta tell us how you did it now - that looks as good as the Fly app versions, if not better.

Bear with me and I'll write it out as you did.  I basically followed your method, and then just tweaked it a little   It will be tomorrow evening at the earliest.
2022-5-10
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 5-10 14:26
Bear with me and I'll write it out as you did.  I basically followed your method, and then just tweaked it a little   It will be tomorrow evening at the earliest.

It really does look superb... Just a shame I can't shoot panos at the moment!

Can't wait to see how you managed to make it look so good.
2022-5-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 5-11 12:39

I took your idea and ran with it, is the short answer.  I'm not the best at written instructions, I've already re-written it once.
2022-5-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 5-11 12:39

It's posted now in the Mavic Mini section of Products.
2022-5-11
Use props
Berty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 991706 ft
Japan

Here is a pano for your viewing pleasure. Images taken with a mini 2
https://kuula.co/post/NDXWL
2022-5-12
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Israel

FYI I contacted DJI support about the export of 360 to Facebook and Skypixel, to FB it comes out at a very low res, as others have reported here. And to Skypixel it comes out as a flat photo. So after providing them with a step by step of what I do, they confirmed that there's a bug with Fly app 1.5.10 and they'll work to resolve it.

The workaround they suggested is as follows (tried it and it works):

"How to upload high res photos(360 or pano) to Facebook?Sorry to say but currently it is only available for us to upload the pano pictures to skypixel and then sharea a link;

We have also found a similar issue under DJI FLY 1.5.10 version via testing, Sharing a 360-degree panorama from the Aircraft album to Skypixel is normal, but sharing from the app album does not have the 360-degree effect.

We recommend that you connect the drone with the remote controller with DJI Fly and sharing 360 panoramas from the Aircraft album to Skypixel

The Aircraft Album is also for you to download the picture from the drone to the phone, by clicking the download icon on the picture you would like to download but please kindly note that you will need to contact the drone with the remote controller with DJI Fly.

Our R&D is already working on this issue."
2022-5-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Berty Posted at 5-12 02:51
Here is a pano for your viewing pleasure. Images taken with a mini 2
https://kuula.co/post/NDXWL

Nice detail
2022-5-19
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 506594 ft
United States

Thanks so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. If I want to add an image to the bottom what setting would I use for pitch and fov?
2022-5-20
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rickg100 Posted at 5-20 10:40
Thanks so much, this is exactly what I was looking for. If I want to add an image to the bottom what setting would I use for pitch and fov?

Pitch to -90 and FoV to the same 120 should do it.
2022-5-20
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 5-20 11:17
Pitch to -90 and FoV to the same 120 should do it.

I did that and the logo was huge so I went to -90 & 30 and it's the right size. Now the only problem is the edges of the logo are blended with the 360 image. How would I fix that?
2022-5-21
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rickg100 Posted at 5-21 02:23
I did that and the logo was huge so I went to -90 & 30 and it's the right size. Now the only problem is the edges of the logo are blended with the 360 image. How would I fix that?[view_image]

1. Start with one of the individual panorama images.

2. Add a new layer and add your logo to the new layer sized how you want it compared to the original background photo. Keep it small enough to be away from the edges as these are what get blended.

3. Select all of the photo in the background and delete it leaving the background transparent.

4. Save this as a PNG to preserve the transparency.

You should then be able to add this logo image into the same position as any photo, including the straight down photo, using the same pitch and FoV settings as the original photo and it should then be overlayed on top of the original photo (you might need to play with the image ordering in the list to make sure it's not hidden behind the original photo).
2022-5-21
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 5-21 06:18
1. Start with one of the individual panorama images.

2. Add a new layer and add your logo to the new layer sized how you want it compared to the original background photo. Keep it small enough to be away from the edges as these are what get blended.

Although I understand exactly what you are saying, the straight down photo should be straight down at the bottom of the 360 panoramic photo. If I let the mini 2 give me the panoramic photo, it is straight down at the bottom. However it's low resolution which brings me here. If I use Autopano Giga, then there is a hole at the bottom of the 360 photo and that's what I'm trying to cover up with my logo. Could I have some setting wrong which causes the hole at the bottom?

2022-5-21
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rickg100 Posted at 5-21 06:42
Although I understand exactly what you are saying, the straight down photo should be straight down at the bottom of the 360 panoramic photo. If I let the mini 2 give me the panoramic photo, it is straight down at the bottom. However it's low resolution which brings me here. If I use Autopano Giga, then there is a hole at the bottom of the 360 photo and that's what I'm trying to cover up with my logo. Could I have some setting wrong which causes the hole at the bottom?

[view_image]
Yes, you must have the settings wrong... There should be no black hole at the bottom - one of the 26 individual photos is straight down, so no hole.

Did you set the projection (spherical) and cropping correct as per the instructions in the first post in this thread? Wrong projection will leave a hole top and bottom.

(You should expect a hole at the top as the Mini 2 does not take a straight up photo).
2022-5-21
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 5-21 07:41
Yes, you must have the settings wrong... There should be no black hole at the bottom - one of the 26 individual photos is straight down, so no hole.

Did you set the projection (spherical) and cropping correct as per the instructions in the first post in this thread? Wrong projection will leave a hole top and bottom.

I uninstalled the program from my computer, then reinstalled it. In your instructions I see only one setting that you suggest: In the 'Panorama' tab change the 'Default Crop' setting to 'Maximum Projection Range'. I  dragged the 26 photos over to the left side and they are all there. However, when I select Detect, it uses only 23 of them. I added the bottom image with my logo separately and it appears nicely at the bottom. I added a top photo to finish off the blue sky and that works too. However, there is a black hole at the bottom that I'm filling with my logo inside of the straight down photo. Also, it shows that I've got 25 photos which is 23 plus the top and bottom images. Obviously, it should be the 26 I dragged onto the left side plus the bottom and top photos I added making 28 total. Also, I don't know why it didn't automatically take my bottom photo and I had to add it later.

screenshot

screenshot
2022-5-21
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Rickg100 Posted at 5-21 09:05
I uninstalled the program from my computer, then reinstalled it. In your instructions I see only one setting that you suggest: In the 'Panorama' tab change the 'Default Crop' setting to 'Maximum Projection Range'. I  dragged the 26 photos over to the left side and they are all there. However, when I select Detect, it uses only 23 of them. I added the bottom image with my logo separately and it appears nicely at the bottom. I added a top photo to finish off the blue sky and that works too. However, there is a black hole at the bottom that I'm filling with my logo inside of the straight down photo. Also, it shows that I've got 25 photos which is 23 plus the top and bottom images. Obviously, it should be the 26 I dragged onto the left side plus the bottom and top photos I added making 28 total. Also, I don't know why it didn't automatically take my bottom photo and I had to add it later.[Image]

I'm not going to be able to get in front of my computer to look at AutoPano Giga for the next few days, but when I do I'll take a look and post the settings that seem relevent.

Out of interest, what projection do you have set?

It's also interesting that you are having to click 'Detect' APG does that automatically for me when I drop the pictures in...
2022-5-21
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 5-21 09:30
I'm not going to be able to get in front of my computer to look at AutoPano Giga for the next few days, but when I do I'll take a look and post the settings that seem relevent.

Out of interest, what projection do you have set?

I found that it was set to Automatic and I found this Force it to use images that I've now checked.
If "projection" means "Spherical" that's what it is set to.

I'll restart it and see what I get.
2022-5-21
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

Rickg100 Posted at 5-21 09:51
I found that it was set to Automatic and I found this Force it to use images that I've now checked.
If "projection" means "Spherical" that's what it is set to.

It still won't detect, until I click the green detect button. I think I know why I have a hole at the bottom.

2022-5-21
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

Rickg100 Posted at 5-21 09:55
It still won't detect, until I click the green detect button. I think I know why I have a hole at the bottom.

[view_image]

I thought for sure this time I had all the problems worked out. The image is high res which is what I wanted. The logo is at the bottom. But now one section of the photo has water where there should be homes.  Maybe I shouldn't force it to use all the photos.

2022-5-21
Use props
Rickg100
lvl.2
United States

Rickg100 Posted at 5-21 10:08
I thought for sure this time I had all the problems worked out. The image is high res which is what I wanted. The logo is at the bottom. But now one section of the photo has water where there should be homes.  Maybe I shouldn't force it to use all the photos.

[view_image]

Changing it to not force it to use all images got rid of the flood where the houses should have been. It's all good now. Thanks for your help!  

2022-5-21
Use props
CharlieTripp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99675 ft
United States

I am having issues installing the program is is still possible to install it is downloads and everything but then will not open when I click on it, I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and there was no change

Thanks
2022-8-17
Use props
jeffmtnman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7881 ft

United States

for some reason I'm not getting a spherical pano, just a horizontal one. Pretty sure I've followed the instruction carefully. any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong.
2022-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules