Crashed DJI FPV drone under warranty
1688 4 2022-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jJYqPgDbMPj4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164341 ft

Croatia

Hello, I have been a loyal DJI customer for years. I have used the Mavic II pro, the Mavic Air, the ronin SC2, among other products, for use in my marketing business or as a hobbyist. The only problem I ever had was a crash with my Mavic II pro while using the active track feature. DJI REFRESH took care of the problem promptly. Last year as a present from my wife, she got me the DJI FPV drone combo which is something she knew I wanted for quite some time
.  I didnt take the refresh option in time out of pure exictement. FPV has been really hard for me to master, by that I mean acro flying. The DJI FPV Drone remedied all of that and actually via the simulator and very soon in real life, got me flying in manual mode. I have had the drone for a couple of months and have flown it literally almost every day since my work gives me such an option. Unfortunately on one of my usual flights, on the spot I previously flew, accompanied by a spotter, I did all my preflight checks as usual. The battery was full, sats were locked, the goggles and radio batteries were full, no errors on the display, clear skies, everything was good to go. Or so I thought. During the flight a couple of times ( two or three, looking back) the drone suddenly without reason paused midair,  there returned from manual to normal mode and said it was too far away from me while being pretty close. I have never encountered  such an issue before, checked everything in my googles, returned to manual mode and returned to flying. Something similar happened a couple of minutes after nearing the end of my flight. I was coming to a spot right above me. Bear in mind I was standing in an open field with the nearest buildings and trees at least 100-500 m from me, and nothing that would cause interference such as cell phone towers or other drone pilots. Im any case seeing as I had plenty battery left I decided to take the drone for one more spin around the block.... a few
Seconds  later I lost control of the drone, immediately lost picture in my goggles, the screen went black, I was confused because this never happened to me before without warning, at least by a blocky image or something, but I remained calm knowing that even if I lose signal all my return to home parameters were set,  as I always check them before the flight in case f an update i wasnt aware of.... the drone was supposed to climb to one 100 m and safely return back. Also have in mind that it was like 100 m away from me so I could practically hear it buzzing. I remained calm but the drone made a sound that made me realize that it's not coming home but in another direction. The drone never came back. The first thing I did was look at the LostMyDrone option on the goggles which had a video record  from a couple of days ago so no use there. Options were always set to start recording by starting the drone and taking off in both my goggles and on the drone ; that's why I have all the footage. I examined the footage and looked  for it on the place that the map indicated it was supposed to be and couldn't initiate any beeping or flashing because the drone was off. In spite of that I spent 10 hours circling the neighborhood looking in every crevice and searching every rooftop I could think of but without success I tried all the methods of locating it that I could find. The last location that it showed me as being his last was nothingthere. After eight hours I finally gave up went home had two hours of sleep and went right back determined to find my drone while parking the car near the place I list it a man contacted me via Facebook having said he found a crashed DJI Drone ;  nice of him to do so. I met with him, he said he was walking his dog and all of a sudden heard the drone just crash near him. As he reached for the drone and gave it to me I saw that the front right arm and rear right arm were broken, the battery wasn't missing but wasn't attached and the canopy was messed up. Having returned home I realized that all the motors were working and that actually all the mechanics were fine ; the camera, the gimbal, motors, picture in the goggles, link to the radio and the motors all good . However I had had every intention of sending the drone in because I would never send it up in such a state, if not for any other reason then for the fact that the battery seemed beaten up, everything else, you had the feeling, could be taped up. Then again it was a much much too expensive piece of equipment to just tape up and send off flying. Of course in the meantime I had a severe case of the coronavirus and was very ill for more than a month since I have had problems with my lungs years ago. In any case I gathered all the flight logs, all the footage from the drone, all the footage from the goals, and I am interested to know in what else you need to see to decide if a warranty will repair the drone since this was obviously no pilot error in case you found the warranty void which never happened to me with DGI before, I will not fix the drone since I suppose it would be way too expensive and will opt for something like the Nazgul instead, although it would truly break my heart since this is the drone that taught me how to really fly and I have been flying it in acro very comfortably learning more and more along the way. It's a shame the journey came to such an end, especially since he didn't actually crash it but the system failed I still find your product amazing and I hope one of the moderators will let me know what I should do. Here is the link to the Google drive with all the above mentioned files. Thanks a lot for any help
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_jJYqPgDbMPj4
lvl.1

Croatia

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SJpkFozTW6Skk_KfE2uoruyXXuMMbx89
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know know what happened to your DJI FPV and for the trouble this has caused. Since this unfortunate event happened I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance.  We will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-3-10
Use props
djiuser_jJYqPgDbMPj4
lvl.1

Croatia

Thanks a lot Stephen
D408811C-FB2A-42BC-9786-73F5A396A2F8.jpeg
2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You're welcome. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us.
2022-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules