544 18 2022-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully this is all user inexperience.

1.  My gps screen was blank.  I was not connected to internet but I had no home point or rth line on the gps screen like I always go with M2 and smart controller.  Is this normal?  Once I connected to hot spot the gps screen worked normally.

2.  There does not seem to be a way to change the warning for low battery voltage. Is this correct?  If so that is a feature I will miss.

3. I suddenly seemed to be unable to find pano mode which I had seen prior to flight. I’m not sure why.

My gps lock took less than two min.

I have only flown one battery so far…Any help especially about gps screen is much appreciated.
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ you don’t need to be connected to internet to have GPS. (Although dji are now advising to connect to internet to obtain GPS quicker) the jury is still out on that.

2/ No you cannot, but you can cancel it when it comes on. You cannot cancel critical battery.

3/in the camera menu on the right hand side just tap on camera Pano mode you need to scroll to find it.
2022-3-10
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-10 16:06
1/ you don’t need to be connected to internet to have GPS. (Although dji are now advising to connect to internet to obtain GPS quicker) the jury is still out on that.

2/ No you cannot, but you can cancel it when it comes on. You cannot cancel critical battery.
Thanks ..  I had a blank gps screen…  completely blank until I connected to hot spot.  I had no home point with a rth line on the gps dcreeen …completely blank..I know I had gps but no info at all on gps dcreen..
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJMik Posted at 3-10 16:12
Thanks ..  I had a blank gps screen…  completely blank until I connected to hot spot.  I had no home point with a rth line on the gps dcreeen …completely blank..

What’s a GPS screen? Do you mean map ?
2022-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

JJMik Posted at 3-10 16:12
Thanks ..  I had a blank gps screen…  completely blank until I connected to hot spot.  I had no home point with a rth line on the gps dcreeen …completely blank..I know I had gps but no info at all on gps dcreen..

There is no "GPS screen".
It's hard to understand your question.

2022-3-10
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

What else would I mean?  It’s a gps screen ..  yes the map  ..  it is completely blank  ..  no home point or rth line from drone to home point..
2022-3-10
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 16:52
There is no "GPS screen".
It's hard to understand your question.

I do believe the map is called gps screen..
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJMik Posted at 3-10 17:04
What else would I mean?  It’s a gps screen ..  yes the map  ..  it is completely blank  ..  no home point or rth line from drone to home point..

Was this your first flight with M3 ? First time I’ve ever heard it called a gps screen. It works exactly the same with your M3 as it does with all your other drones.
2022-3-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

JJMik Posted at 3-10 17:05

I think you mean map/minimap screen. From the manual.

2022-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJMik Posted at 3-10 17:05

I do believe the map is called gps screen
You are possibly the only person who calls it a GPS screen.
Whatever you are talking about, it shows no GPS information.
Perhaps you mean what everyone else refers to as the map window?
2022-3-10
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 3-10 17:27
I do believe the map is called gps screen
You are possibly the only person who calls it a GPS screen.
Whatever you are talking about, it shows no GPS information.

What a jerk nevermind..
2022-3-10
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

JJMik Posted at 3-10 17:54
What a jerk nevermind..

You did see the manual page I screenshot and posted?
2022-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

What a jerk nevermind..

I was thinking the same thing
If you can't explain your issue, you can't expect others to be able to give you the help that you want.

2022-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJMik. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know what is the model of the mobile device thst you are using please and are you able to post a sample photo showing the screen that you are missing please? Thank you.
2022-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

What a jerk nevermind..

Its difficult to take this serious. You have a lot more experience than most, yet the questions are like something a newbie drew up. My guess is you’re just pulling the pi$$…
2022-3-11
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Can a moderator please delete all of this?  I simply want to know why my MAP is completely blank.  People I know have already told me theirs is not..  hopefully I’m doing something wrong but no help here..  I am at a loss why people in this forum seem so rude..  hopefully it only seems that way and in person I would feel otherwise..
2022-3-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

JJMik Posted at 3-11 05:18
Can a moderator please delete all of this?  I simply want to know why my MAP is completely blank.  People I know have already told me theirs is not..  hopefully I’m doing something wrong but no help here..  I am at a loss why people in this forum seem so rude..  hopefully it only seems that way and in person I would feel otherwise..

I am at a loss why people in this forum seem so rude..
I'm at a loss to see why you are so rude and overly sensitive.
Lighten up.

The usual reason for a blank map is either:
The app doesn't have an internet connection to download the appropriate map for where you are flying.
or
The app doesn't have location data (either from its own location services or from the drone's GPS receiver, to know what map to download.
2022-3-11
Use props
djiuser_EBPcvB1Sw95W
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know how to get the data to appear on the projection-telemetric-view-portal display screen?
/s
2022-3-11
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJMik Posted at 3-11 05:18
Can a moderator please delete all of this?  I simply want to know why my MAP is completely blank.  People I know have already told me theirs is not..  hopefully I’m doing something wrong but no help here..  I am at a loss why people in this forum seem so rude..  hopefully it only seems that way and in person I would feel otherwise..

I think some of the issue is that there might be a language and terminology barrier that's having an impact on the communication, combined with the fact that there are a number of threads related to GPS that have gotten over-heated.

My suspicion is that you are flying with a device that does not natively have internet access, either because it's a pro or you have disabled internet access on your own device or you are flying in an area with limited over-the-air internet service.  If so, I think that you have not collected and cached map data, for which I have a suggestion.  You also mention that you are not seeing lines between your home point location and your drone.  I've not tested this much, but it sounds like you may be flying before home point has been set, which might occur if you are not waiting for the system to establish home point, and that might be occurring if you decide to fly even when your GPS connection is weak.

For the blank map, you can use the app and use the map features even when not flying the drone (I do that a lot), and I recommend you try in a location you have internet connection.  My hope and expectation is that when you are in such an environment, you will see the normal visual map images, and that data will be cached and available when you fly w/o an internet connection.

As far as the missing line(s), try to wait for however long it takes for home point to be established, and then fly and see if you have the expected line(s).  Under current circumstances, establishing home point can take an "uncomfortable" amount of time.  My suspicion is that you are flying prior to home point is established because of the length of time it takes to establish the strong GPS signal.  I don't know your circumstances, but your wait/delay could be "unusual".  The system does allow you to fly prior to home point being established, but you are taking risks if you do so, and many safety features will not function w/o home point being set.

2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules