Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Guess we all know this, but it is possible to change your HP while your drone in in RTH mode.
( But once it gets into autolanding changing HP will not cancel the autolanding [ not in the video, just nice to know ] )

See the video.

If the mob device has good GPS reception the RC icon does work.
I had to press twice ; see the message "Mobile device unable to access GPS. Move to open area"
Uh, oke   i was at a wide open windy area....so second try did work.

cheers
JJB
2022-3-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting to know JJB*.  I'll have to give this a try.  
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Although it won’t be used much, there are situations where its useful. If you are moving and forget reset homepoint before it goes into rth mode . And I think a drop down menu on main screen with these options would be helpful particularly changing homepoint while continually moving boat bike car etc. thanks for the test.
2022-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 04:11
Although it won’t be used much, there are situations where its useful. If you are moving and forget reset homepoint before it goes into rth mode . And I think a drop down menu on main screen with these options would be helpful particularly changing homepoint while continually moving boat bike car etc. thanks for the test.

i would like to see an option (show/not show) in the flyapp to get a "SetHPatRC" soft button on the main screen.
2022-3-11
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

I didn't know it was good, but also very dangerous.
2022-3-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just curious, why do you think it is dangerous?
2022-3-11
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Thanks for showing JJB

Looks a little like tap to fly.
2022-3-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

(Very) rudimentary way point flying... one waypoint at a time... just so long as you rememberto update or cancel before it lands... if you change the RTH min height does it climb to that height as well?
2022-3-11
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-11 06:21
Just curious, why do you think it is dangerous?

Imagine you have changed your HP far away and you lose the connection. Where is it going the drone?
2022-3-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply.

Ahhh, I thought you were talking about it being dangerous whilst an RTH was actually in progress.
I take it from your reply that you have a general concern about moving the home point at any time, if I am correct then agreed, setting a distant homepoint could be disasterous.......... but it is not an 'easily' accessible function so such a mistake would have to be pretty deliberate and I would suggest daft.

On the other hand if the home point were not movable people going walk-about or moving significant distances could be left up the creek with out a paddle as could people flying from boats.

One thing I did notice about the Litchi app is that it might offer an automatic updating of the homepoint to the controller's location, I have yet to look at that but it strikes me as a very good idea (PROVIDING the phone creating the location data is accurate enough).
2022-3-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-11 09:52
(Very) rudimentary way point flying... one waypoint at a time... just so long as you rememberto update or cancel before it lands... if you change the RTH min height does it climb to that height as well?

Another test flight is called for I think lol but my guess would be no.  
I have on several occasions reduced height during an RTH flight home and the drone showed no inclination to climb back to RTH height. That includes a failsafe RTH that went up to an accidentally set height that was very illegal, I was 'clenching' the whole way back and down as it was returning.
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

LoveYou Posted at 3-11 09:54
Imagine you have changed your HP far away and you lose the connection. Where is it going the drone?

It will just go back to first homepoint. Remember it will activate RTH if it believes it only has enough battery to get home, so if losing the signal it should also have enough battery to get home.

It will require you to run to make sure you get back before someone lifts it ;+)
2022-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

No Original Thought Posted at 3-11 09:52
(Very) rudimentary way point flying... one waypoint at a time... just so long as you rememberto update or cancel before it lands... if you change the RTH min height does it climb to that height as well?

yes  it does climb if the changed HP height setting > flying height at changing
2022-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-11 10:35
It will just go back to first homepoint. Remember it will activate RTH if it believes it only has enough battery to get home, so if losing the signal it should also have enough battery to get home.

It will require you to run to make sure you get back before someone lifts it ;+)

Hi hallmark,

If will not fly to the first HP wich was set at start of a flight.
If disconnected it will fly always to the actual latest set HP!

cheers
JJB
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-11 12:05
Hi hallmark,

If will not fly to the first HP wich was set at start of a flight.

I thought he was referring to orignal HP . Meaning he went far away from it. Because who is going to set a far away homepoint  from the operator, it just doesn’t make any sense to do that. But yes I read it wrong.
2022-3-11
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Very interesting.  I did not know that was possible.  Thanks!
2022-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dr6583 Posted at 3-11 12:21

Thats because its something you almost have to figure out yourself. I discovered this only 2 weeks ago while trying to change homepoint purely by accident. And I have tried to find it in the manual but nothing.
Typical dji…
2022-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

dr6583 Posted at 3-11 12:21

Its my pleasure.

I test flight all possibilities, that way you learn alot about the app and drone etc.

cheers
JJB
2022-3-11
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-11 12:03

Very interesting possibilities... Not a good idea to use it as waypoints, but still ... Interesting...
2022-3-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

No Original Thought Posted at 3-11 13:35
Very interesting possibilities... Not a good idea to use it as waypoints, but still ... Interesting...

ofcourse a bad idea to use it as waypoints.....it is possible to do so, as long as there is no disconnect!!
2022-3-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-11 12:03

I am not sure if I understand you correctly but from memory whilst my Mavic Mini was making the climb to that ridiculous RTH height (and had climbed back into conection) I tried to reduce the RTH height in the FLY App. The App would show the slider moving but as soon as the slider was released it went back to the original RTH height. I might have also tried to reduce the maximum height but if I did that too would not 'take'.
I now know how to stop such a climb but at the time I did not.
2022-3-11
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-11 12:32
Its my pleasure.

I test flight all possibilities, that way you learn alot about the app and drone etc.

I read forums, that way I learn a lot about the app and drone, etc.  
2022-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules