Unlock NFZ
1817 6 2022-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Willpower
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79390 ft
United Kingdom

Hi. I had my first experience of coming up against a no fly zone yesterday, where it would not allow me to fly above a certain height. At the time I was at 45ft
The thing is, I was outside the nearest NFZ - Peterborough Stadium and flying in the grounds of Peterborough Cathedral. If you look at this on any NFZ map you can see that my location at the Cathedral is some way from the NFZ.
Also, when I tried to unlock it in the DJFly app I was asked to provide my mobile number. OK I understand that.  But there was a prefix of +93. The prefix for UK is +44 .
Then to top it all the app says that it was  'Unable to connect too many applications'  and the voice option doesn't work.

Can anyone guide me through this ? As said, I have never had to try an 'Unlock' before so am totally at a loss.
Thanks in advance.
2022-3-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try to follow the link below: https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/background-information. Hope it is helpful.
2022-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can check the map here https://www.dji.com/uk/flysafe/geo-map  - and unlock online here - https://fly-safe.dji.com/unlock/unlock-request/
2022-3-12
Use props
Willpower
lvl.2
United Kingdom

@ DJI Thor   &   DAFlys   

Thank you both, I had already checked all available maps and knew of the GEO fenced area around the football stadium. However the area I wish to fly from is outside that area by at least 1 mile.
I took the link supplied by DJI Thor and applied for a custom unlock.

This is the answer I received back

Your Custom Unlocking application (Tracking Number: c831c7ce-af68-4a1b-8e48-e64a1859a433) has been rejected because of the reason below:
DJI doesn't limit the drone in this area (GEO Yellow/Orange Zone).

If this is the case then why is my drone unable to fly above 45ft in a zone that I already knew was unrestricted.  

The DJIFly app is fully updated. The fly safe database is up to date.  The maximum height settings in the app are set to 400ft.  

None of it makes sense.  DJI say the area is not their concern and they are not restricting it . But my drone says NO !  

Any other ideas ?
2022-3-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Willpower Posted at 3-12 02:32
@ DJI Thor   &   DAFlys   

Thank you both, I had already checked all available maps and knew of the GEO fenced area around the football stadium. However the area I wish to fly from is outside that area by at least 1 mile.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. After ensuring that the mobile device is connected to the Internet, please try to launch the APP and re-update the fly safe database. If it persists, please provide us with a related screenshot for us to do a doubt check.
2022-3-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Willpower Posted at 3-12 02:32
@ DJI Thor   &   DAFlys   

Have you tried to look at the flight log,  there might be a clue in there.   http://phantomhelp.com/logviewer/
2022-3-13
Use props
Willpower
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thank you both.  
I have already checked for and installed updates for both the Aircraft Firmware and the Flysafe Database. I have also reluctantly updated the app, as I have heard mention of uncontrolled flight characteristics with the new version. I now have  v1.5.10 (1070-official)

I am going to try the same flight in exactly the same location tomorrow and see what happens.
Thank you for your help.
2022-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules