Motion tracking gimbal for smartphone? RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC vs OM
708 2 2022-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Telemister
lvl.1

Germany

Hey all! I'm new to the forum and to DJI products and have been doing some research to try finding a very specific feature for an idea I have been working on:
I'm using my smartphone (Pixel 6) as my main camera, it's damn impressive for such a small device and I don't have the budget to purchase a fancy 4K camera (or the need, I find the quality of the storytelling to have greater value than the resolution quality, but this is a topic for another post).

For the planned shots, I need to use a tripod that can automate movement to several angles on its own based on a timed countdown or a manual input via an app. The positions need to be accurate so human movement will be a lot more time-consuming and less accurate for this project. AKA- MOTION TRACKING

I saw a tracking function is available in the camera gimbals like the Ronin and not on the OM for the smartphone. So the questions are:

1. Do you have any idea if we can use a smartphone on these gimbals? Or is it possible on the OM and I missed it?
2. DJI RSC 2 or Ronin-SC for smartphone? If it goes as planned, I'll probably get a fancy 4K so this is also something to consider

Sorry for the long post, I'm a total noob in this whole new stuff and don't want to buy stuff I don't need

2022-3-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi! You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.  That is way more active.    -   https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html
2022-3-12
Use props
Telemister
lvl.1

Germany

Good point, totally missed that
2022-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules