Motion tracking gimbal for smartphone? Ronin-SC vs OM
770 1 2022-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Telemister
lvl.1

Germany

Hey all! I'm new to the forum and to DJI products and have been doing some research to try finding a very specific feature for an idea I have been working on:
I'm using my smartphone (Pixel 6) as my main camera, it's damn impressive for such a small device and I don't have the budget to purchase a fancy 4K camera (or the need, I find the quality of the storytelling to have greater value than the resolution quality, but this is a topic for another post).

For the planned shots, I need to use a tripod that can automate movement to several angles on its own based on a timed countdown or a manual input via an app. The positions need to be accurate so human movement will be a lot more time-consuming and less accurate for this project. I think it's called motion control and I saw it only in the ronin sc. I'm not referring to the object tracking btw

So the questions are:

1. Is the motion control available for all the cinematic gimbals? Can the OM do it and I didn't see it?
2. Can we use a smartphone on the cinematic gimbals?
3. What would you recommend for smartphone? If it goes as planned, I'll probably get a fancy 4K so this is also something to consider

Sorry for the long post, I'm a total noob in this whole new stuff and don't want to buy stuff I don't need

2022-3-12
Use props
Telemister
lvl.1

Germany

Anyone here knows?
2022-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules