Aloft LAANC Authorization taking forever
899 5 2022-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

Hi all, I used the Aloft App to get Authorization to fly in a Class D Airspace - just some drone photos for marketing of a local business located within that Class D airpace.
I used the Aloft App on my phone to request an Authorization to fly and it's been a week without any answer yet.

I was under the impression that the Aloft Authorizations were more "realtime" - but I may lose this Drone Job if I don't get the Authorization by Wednesday.

Can anyone offer some advice in this situation please?
Should I cancel and try a different LAANC App that does offer actual realtime Authorizations?

Also, I don't think I can request a DJI Custom Unlock Code without first getting the Authorization to upload to the DJI Custom Unlock Code System?

Appreciate any help you can offer.
Many thanks

2022-3-13
Use props
kenstruct
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309344 ft
United States

Not sure how it might be affected by different days and locations but my expierence getting a LAANC in a similar situation the permission came within a couple of minutes and simply had a caveat of 300ft max instead of the normal 400. I'd assume you've tried making a request each day? I think Aloft was the app I used, it took longer to create the account than it did to get the LAANC response.
2022-3-13
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

If your request was at or below the grid ceiling, it should be pretty much instant.  If you requested a height above the ceiling, it's a longer process because it is a manual approval.
2022-3-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

The request you made must have required "further coordination".  I would not worry about losing the job.  Safety is the first priority.  And, any other drone operator would require the same authorization.
2022-3-13
Use props
Marleyman
lvl.2
United States

JEZ2 Posted at 3-13 17:02
If your request was at or below the grid ceiling, it should be pretty much instant.  If you requested a height above the ceiling, it's a longer process because it is a manual approval.

This was exactly the issue. I just got instant approval for the day/time I need to do the job at 300ft. Submitting it originally for 400ft was the problem. Many thanks all!
2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Marleyman. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party application that you are using. I hope that our fellow DJI Co pilots who have used this application can give out the best recommendation and information with regard to this matter. In addition, you may also contact our DJI Flysafe department by sending an email to flysafe@dji.com for additional assistance. Thank you.
2022-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules