Propellers over speed
2572 7 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Hi i was flying my mavic mini and received a warning message PROPELLERS OVER SPEED and to land and check the propellers and noticed that the left rear motor was hot more like really warm and the end of the propeller had like a small chip or something like a bit off plastic notch so after smoothing the propeller with fine sand paper all was well. But the message PROPELLERS OVER SPEED. I have never encountered before. Did the motor get hot r ue to drag  if so what is the message PROPELLERS OVER SPEED ean .
2022-3-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's an old, well documented problem.
If you look at the shape of your propellor, looking from the blade-tip inwards towards the motor, they will most likely have been flattened and have lost their aerofoil shape and pitch.
This is probably due to the rear propellors being stored across the drone body and was common when the Mavic Mini was first launched and stored in the combo case in accordance with the instructions. The immediate solution is to change the flattened blades, if you change one blade on a motor CHANGE BOTH BLADES, they are a matched pair. (Probably for wieght and balance.)
There are various solutions concerning storage. I store my drone with the rear motor blades pointing forward and somewhat inward so that they end up under the gimbal. In the combo case I also cut away the forward shoulders of the recesses into which the rear motors 'fit', those forward shoulders tend to force the blades inwards towards one another.
I store the drone with the front motor blades positioned over their respective arms.

The reason this 'damage' causes the message is that the flattened blades lose their ability to produce lift and consequently the motors have to turn faster to produces the necessary lift, eventually the motors reach a maximum speed limit. In extreme cases this led to the drone performing an "uncommanded descent" and in some cases the drone was lost. An "uncommanded descent" caused by this can sometimes be halted by flying backwards as this shifts some of the load onto the front motor props but that is only a 'stop gap', "get you to safety" measure, the blades needed to be changed.

By the way, your thread is in the Air 2s section of the forum, "
Hi i was flying my mavic mini and received a warning message PROPELLERS OVER SPEED and to land and check ....."
you could perhaps ask a mod to move it, I guess they can do that.
2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue, was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to your DJI Mavic Mini? Kindly please replace the propellers of your DJI Mavic Mini to see if the issue will persist? Thank you.
2022-3-15
Use props
fans6ebc5b05
New
Flight distance : 73750 ft
Botswana

Thanks for the advice
I have the same issue with my mini Mavic.
Never crashed or had a hard landing.
It almost fell out the sky yesterday due to this issue.
I will replace the blades today and test.
2023-7-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6ebc5b05 Posted at 7-22 23:12
Thanks for the advice
I have the same issue with my mini Mavic.
Never crashed or had a hard landing.

Hello there. We are more than glad to help you. Please keep us posted so we can assist you further. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-25
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

can you post a video?
2023-7-25
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

This is the Air 2S forum - find the right forum to post in.
2023-7-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans6ebc5b05 Posted at 7-22 23:12
Thanks for the advice. I have the same issue with my mini Mavic. Never crashed or had a hard landing.

Remember, replace both blades on each motor with new blades from one pack.
If you still have the DAT flight logs on your phone or tablet ( BUT NOT form the drone ) from an affected flight, upload the DAT to a file hosting site, make the page public, and post a link to that page here. There's a chance the DAT is readable. I can never remeber if the DAT's from recent versions of the fly app and the Mavic Mini are readable.

Edit, just checked and, with a Mavic Mini and fly app version 1.9.something, the DAT screen-device DAT is still readable.

2023-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules