8279 47 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Tuxtard Posted at 4-24 03:03
There is a reason. Autonomous flights are forbidden in EU and probably other places too. We will never see waypoints in new drones if DJI wants to comply with these rules, and they do.

Autonomous flights are not forbidden in the EU.
They are not permitted within the Open Category of Drone operations but are absolutely permitted within the Specific Category.

Further. Waypoints are not considered autonomous. They're considered automatic. Which are allowed under the open category.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/the-a ... y-specific-category
What is the difference between autonomous and automatic drone?  An autonomous drone is able to conduct a safe flight  without the intervention of a pilot. It does so with the help of  artificial intelligence, enabling it to cope with all kinds of  unforeseen and unpredictable emergency situations.   This is different from automatic operations, where the  drone flies pre-determined routes defined by the drone operator before  starting the flight. For this type of drone, it is essential for the  remote pilot to take control of the drone to intervene in unforeseen  events for which the drone has not been programmed.   While automatic drones are allowed in all categories, autonomous drones are not allowed in the ’open’ category.
Autonomous drones need a level of verification of compliance with the  technical requirements that is not compatible with the system put in  place for the ’open’ category. Autonomous operations are, instead,  allowed in the ’specific’ category, where the Regulation includes a tool  flexible enough to verify requirements with the appropriate level of  robustness.
Autonomous operations are also allowed in the ’certified’ category.

2022-8-19
Use props
CuAnnan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69432 ft
Ireland

Also +1 for waypoints on all drones and +1 for Mavic 3 SDK please.
2022-8-19
Use props
Paulus Maximus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2247326 ft

United States

Lacking true waypoints on the M3 is holding up my purchase. It would be a great idea if DJI issued a formal statement to users and prospective buyers explaining why they haven't/won't do it. Customer service involves communication both ways. DJI please address this formally.
2022-9-3
Use props
Xitor
lvl.1
United States

My $500 Phantom 3 Standard had waypoints, huge disappointment that the Air2S doesn't.  Love the drone don't want to upgrade just for this, I'd even pay unlock fee to get it on this drone.  

2022-11-24
Use props
kstone93
New

United States

+1 for Waypoints on the 2S
2022-12-20
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece