12Next >
8276 47 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

I have been using litchi for waypoints with Mavic Air 2 for some months now, and it is not smooth, at all! I just don't understand WHY DJI doesn't include this essential feature in new drones! Most toy GPS drones have this feature, even my S500 with a Flight Controller from 2013 (APM 2.8) has this feature... And then what we see? Mavic 3 doesn't have it, Mavic Air 2, Air 2S, Mini 2. No new drones have it. It's really a shame that we need to miss such a feature, seriously DJI! I could understand that you don't want to add the feature to the mini 2 for its low price, but when it comes to more expensive drones such as Mavic 3 and Air 2/2S, I really don't understand the logic behind this. With Virtual Sticks, you can't run missions as smooth as with real waypoints, let alone the fact that when the signal strength is low it's very jerky, and when there is no signal it doesn't work... What do other DJI Pilots think about this? Do you want real waypoints added to the Air 2, Air 2S, Mavic 3? I definitely want the feature implemented, knowing DJI they probably will not do it, but it would be a really nice surprise to see it in newer firmware! I really believe you can do it, a firmware update is all you need! Don't make us, new DJI drone owners feel left out, we bought a drone that might be even more expensive than the Mavic 2 or Phantom 4, and offers less functionality than the older models, you should really ADD features not REMOVE them.
2022-3-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-15
Use props
Ski_K2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137671 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please add Waypoints to the Air 2S !!!

I will NOT purchase a Mavic 3 until Waypoints are available.

Lack of Waypoints puts a drone in the TOY category for my use.
2022-3-19
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Ski_K2 Posted at 3-19 08:59

Is toy!!!!!!!
2022-3-19
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Greece

Is toy!!!!!!!
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is waypoints on Zoom and M2P, but they are not as good as Litchi and are much more cumbersome and difficult to plan .
2022-3-19
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will settle for the SDK and can fly via the 3rd party app of my choice.  Bring on the SDK!
2022-3-19
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 14:59
There is waypoints on Zoom and M2P, but they are not as good as Litchi and are much more cumbersome and difficult to plan .

True, but at least Litchi can use the SDK functionality to execute accurate automatic missions. New drone owners such as me don't have this feature.
2022-3-20
Use props
fans0c6a12a1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1273711 ft
United States

Hi! I updated my Air 2S 2S drone to firmware v02.04.21.50 on your recommendation.

DISAPPOINTED even more! How so, what's the deal? Why are you so not serious about your customers. Is it really impossible to correct mistakes in pulling the suspension normally? What did we pay so much money for? When purchasing your DJI product, we thought that you were a serious company. With all due respect, your product does not inspire trust and respect.

The route I flew and am flying for tests!
Everything works fine in the drone model Magic Air and Mavic Pro.
Well, in the Air 2S 2S drone, you can see for yourself what's going on.
And for some reason it seems that the old firmware 2040 was even better.

2022-4-6
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

+1 for waypoints
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Trust me, Litchi is much better.
2022-4-6
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Suren Posted at 4-6 22:48
Trust me, Litchi is much better.

I agree 100%, it is.
BUT with new drones you DON'T have the option to upload the mission to the drone and fly it autonomously. Instead, Litchi simulates the stick movements in real time, and it's very jerky. Go and try it, run a mission with your Mavic Air 2 and see.

If DJI had given the option to run waypoint missions in their SDK, that wouldn't been a problem.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yaros1 Posted at 4-6 22:56
I agree 100%, it is.
BUT with new drones you DON'T have the option to upload the mission to the drone and fly it autonomously. Instead, Litchi simulates the stick movements in real time, and it's very jerky. Go and try it, run a mission with your Mavic Air 2 and see.

I can't test that as I don't have a drone that can do that but I hear you and agree.
2022-4-6
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

Suren Posted at 4-6 23:02
I can't test that as I don't have a drone that can do that but I hear you and agree.

Okay. Well, you can check it on YouTube if you want.
The reason I mentioned the Mavic Air 2 is that I see it's registered on your account.
2022-4-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yaros1 Posted at 4-6 23:06
Okay. Well, you can check it on YouTube if you want.
The reason I mentioned the Mavic Air 2 is that I see it's registered on your account.

I will look it up. I sell my older drones when a new one is coming out so I don't have them sitting around doing nothing.
2022-4-6
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

These drones already have waypoints for hyperlapse mode. The feature is there but DJI just decided not to enable it for other modes for some reason. That's why it should be easy and cheap for DJI to make this upgrade for us.
2022-4-6
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Greece

Toy drones have waypoints!!!
2022-4-7
Use props
fans0c6a12a1
lvl.2
United States

LoveYou Posted at 4-7 00:03
Toy drones have waypoints!!!

I'm sorry! Toy drones priced over a thousand dollars? Well, you have toys. Unfortunately, this is not a small amount of money for us!!!
And we believe that for such money the company should have left the possibility of normal autonomous flights in drones. If they are present even in toys such as Mavic Air.
2022-4-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

fans0c6a12a1 Posted at 4-7 02:24
I'm sorry! Toy drones priced over a thousand dollars? Well, you have toys. Unfortunately, this is not a small amount of money for us!!!
And we believe that for such money the company should have left the possibility of normal autonomous flights in drones. If they are present even in toys such as Mavic Air.

I think he means that even toy drones have waypoints. Why should the Air series and above NOT have them? I had a $200 one that had waypoints, follow and lots of other "advanced" features. My 2S SHOULD have waypoints!
2022-4-7
Use props
dagtools
lvl.2
United States

Hi!
It's not as much fun as it seems! DJI simply mocked thousands of users of its product by depriving them of the possibility of autonomous flights in drones controlled by DJI FLY.

1. What remains for us is to silently but bitterly spit in the direction of DJI to use what we have.

2. Or get together and submit a petition in support of the implementation of the possibility of autonomous flights in our drones in new firmware.

Sincerely, Magomed.
2022-4-12
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

dagtools Posted at 4-12 10:51
Hi!
It's not as much fun as it seems! DJI simply mocked thousands of users of its product by depriving them of the possibility of autonomous flights in drones controlled by DJI FLY.

If you hate it that much, just go buy one of the other fine brands of drone. DJI isn't holding a gun to your head and making you use their product.
2022-4-12
Use props
fans50b43703
lvl.3
Flight distance : 424865 ft
Australia

Waypoints please.
2022-4-14
Use props
Korrd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13270226 ft
Uruguay

+1 to this request on the Air 2. Would be real handy
2022-4-14
Use props
CraigVMN
lvl.1

United States

Why limit the feature to a specific model? It should be available to all DJI owners across the board! There is no valid reason for it to not be offered.
2022-4-20
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

CraigVMN Posted at 4-20 07:23
Why limit the feature to a specific model? It should be available to all DJI owners across the board! There is no valid reason for it to not be offered.

Exactly my point! DJI Limits the feature to specific models, to be exact, older models.
I suspect the re-wrote the firmware almost from scratch on the new models to support their new DJI Fly app, and were lazy to add Waypoints, Course Lock, Home Lock, and so on.
As I mentioned, almost all of these features are available on my 2013 flight controller, but not on the newest DJI Drones? Really, DJI?
Good job DJI, continue doing so if you want to lose customers.
2022-4-20
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Serbia

CraigVMN Posted at 4-20 07:23

There is a reason. Autonomous flights are forbidden in EU and probably other places too. We will never see waypoints in new drones if DJI wants to comply with these rules, and they do.
2022-4-24
Use props
beermat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 615958 ft
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 4-24 03:03
There is a reason. Autonomous flights are forbidden in EU and probably other places too. We will never see waypoints in new drones if DJI wants to comply with these rules, and they do.

That's a nonsensical reason. Hyperlapse is an autonomous flight mode, as are several other flight options in Quickshots, Mastershots, etc, which DJI offer.
2022-4-24
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi drivers sorry to tell you this but don't rely too much on it, it's been 2 years that we ask WP and dji is deaf ears..
2022-4-27
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Spain

VanzPix Posted at 4-27 02:49
Hi drivers sorry to tell you this but don't rely too much on it, it's been 2 years that we ask WP and dji is deaf ears..

Yeah, I know... but maybe if more people will ask, at some point DJI will be like: "Okay, enough, we are adding waypoints"
2022-4-27
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Yaros1 Posted at 4-27 02:57
Yeah, I know... but maybe if more people will ask, at some point DJI will be like: "Okay, enough, we are adding waypoints"
I doubt they have already received thousands of requests whether is here on the forum or on social networks and nothing does unfortunately
2022-4-27
Use props
Westfield_Chris
Second Officer
Flight distance : 97126 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to add my support for this request.
2022-4-28
Use props
dagtools
lvl.2
Russia

DJI Drones Not Loading entire Litchi Waypoint Mission Data Prior to Mission Start (Huge step backwards) - Why?

DRH
23h
I am and have been a Mavic Pro + Litchi user for the last 4 years. I have created many/many waypoint missions (love litichi) and saved all in mission hub. When I fly and open Litchi (to use with my mavic pro) I first select and then load the entire mission into my Mavic Pro. This is a comfort knowing the entire waypoint mission is loaded in the drone and once I start the waypoint mission, the mission will be run from the data stored in the Mavic Pro (huge benefit for using litchi). Any problems with lost connection or whatever could go wrong will then cause my drone to complete the mission regardless and RTH as I slected in setup or I can force a RTH.
Is my understanding of how missions are loaded and run for quote "older Mavics - like mine that use DJI Go 4 app + Litchi - correct?

This “older waypoint mission loading process with DJI Go 4” is a must have Litchi feature that I expected to see when I bought one of the “newer Mavics” that now must use DJI Fly App + Litchi.

Where, in Litchi literature, is their a caution/warning statement that alerts folks like me that when uprgading to newer drones (using DJI Fly App + Litchi) that we no longer have ability to load the “entire mission + data” at one time into the new drones, then start the mission. Having to depend on the controller + App to now send the invidual waypoint data is a pain and introduces a lot of drone pilot frustration - if anything goes wrong, in the flight, in the app or with the controller, the drone can no longer complete the mission because it does not know the mission and worse yet it can sometimes just stop mid air and wait for you to initiate a command to take control. Yes, I have RTH in setup along with all the settings that I used with my Mavic Pro.
Now, with the “newer DJI drones”, you start the mission (using DJI Fly App + Litchi) and you “hope” that nothing interrupts the controller sending mission data to your drone. You best hope that your Ipad, Iphone or Android Tablet does not have any of the slightest interruptions with the app. What happens If you are screen mirroring (for whatever reason) and lost connection, what haappens if you decide to minimize your screen (for whatever reason), what if you just lose connecttion - a number of what ifs now come in to play that stop the mission because the drone is dumb and is waiting to be told what to do - the drone just sits and waits (in th sky) for you to do a RTH.
I am frustrated - please let me know if I have this wrong - Having the entire waypoint mission loaded, into the drone, prior to take off has worked for years. This was and is a very important feature, and one of the big reasons I started to use Litchi and waypoints. Design it, load it and run it - seamless to a fault. Why did this have to change with the new DJI drones?

For those who are experts are on this, please feel free to explain to me - I have a hard time believing the newer drones do not have enough memory to load the entire mission. That is a red herring. Is DJI forcing this on Litchi? Worse yet, are their some newer more expensive DJI drones that can still load the entire waypoint mission and some that cannot? If so, where is that communicated in the spec literature?
So for now, my choice is to sell my Mavic Air 2 and keep my Mavic Pro so that I can continue to use DJI Go 4 App + Litchi and waypoint missions of old. I am sure a change is coming to force me to use DJI Fly App with Mavic Pro. Sending point by point data to your drone for each waypoint is asking for problems. My opinion.
Thoughts - I am sure others feel the same - I think?

https://forum.flylitchi.com/t/dj ... -backwards-why/3682
2022-5-8
Use props
sala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27185 ft
United States

i agree 100 %
2022-5-10
Use props
sala
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27185 ft
United States

No matter what the people want or say  DJI refuses to listen to their customers and put waypoints in their drones software
2022-5-10
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Greece

Please add.
2022-5-11
Use props
djiuser_mY4eYpoRdIko
lvl.1
Spain

It is vital add waypoints missions to Air 2, Air 2S and Mavic 3 !!!!
2022-6-21
Use props
Robson Brasil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286969 ft
Brazil

Dear friend, good morning. I agree with you. Unfortunately I also can't understand DJI's policy of not making certain features available because they already exist in other drone models in the company itself. I make use of Litchi as do all drone owners, but I don't think that's fair. After all, the price of any DJI model is not and will never be cheap. Here, we see this as a lack of consideration for the customers who honor the company. Good flights.
2022-6-29
Use props
user89a66f4929
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493711 ft
Morocco

Me tooo
2022-7-12
Use props
wardmevis
lvl.1

Netherlands

make this happpppennnnnn!

the creating hyperlapse method of positioning drone + camera + locking it in is awesome (an much better than dropping pins in third party apps).
Just need to record it properly in mp4 now.

2022-8-15
Use props
LFLots
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10434964 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

+1     PLEASE MAKE WAYPOINTS USABLE (Virtual sticks is Jerky and produce unusable videos)

Hyperlapse works very smoothly on Air2S and Mavic3, so these drones have the capability to navigate waypoints smoothly. It is really hard to understand why DJI made this so worse on the SDK (and because of that Litchi waypoints don't work properly).
2022-8-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules