Will the Galaxy A13 work with the FLY app?
12646 26 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
palouta
lvl.2
United States

just got a new phone A13 and cant get the fly app for my mini 2 to install. Have do the direct download message that it cant be installed either for security or that the provided is not allowed. have also tried with third party APK installer and file will start to install but message "app not installed" at the end.

is my mini2 a brick now? seems that way...
2022-3-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest version is available from dji downloads - https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly There is also a list there of supported android phone.
2022-3-15
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 00:23
The latest version is available from dji downloads - https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly There is also a list there of supported android phone.

thanks, but as I have stated I have already done that. Are you just a frigin BOT?

This sucks! looks like all new android products are now blocking DJI from their systems  
2022-3-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

As DAflys kindly recommend you to check, until now the A13 is not in the list of supported android mobile.
2022-3-15
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-15 07:57
As DAflys kindly recommend you to check, until now the A13 is not in the list of supported android mobile.

So a $250 phone that has been on sale now for over 4 months in the US is't a supported phone.....yeah that makes sense for your smug response.

that list shows that nothing new will or is being supported, and now my drone is a BRICk unless I buy a new phone. People are buying these not knowing. At least they can return them once they find out. I'm stuck with this.

Funny DJI still isn't owning up to any of this. I am trying make people aware so they don't get screwed like I have been.
2022-3-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

When you say third-part, did you try UGCS or Litchi? Often these two apps solve a lot of compatibility problems, without losing functionality.
2022-3-15
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-15 08:19
When you say third-part, did you try UGCS or Litchi? Often these two apps solve a lot of compatibility problems, without losing functionality.

I used APK Installer
2022-3-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

Yes, but you used the DJI Pilot apk. Have you tried UGCS or Litchi from the play store?
2022-3-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palouta Posted at 3-15 04:40
thanks, but as I have stated I have already done that. Are you just a frigin BOT?

This sucks! looks like all new android products are now blocking DJI from their systems

It seems Android 12 has broken a lot of compatibility.
2022-3-15
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 3-15 08:32
Yes, but you used the DJI Pilot apk. Have you tried UGCS or Litchi from the play store?

not the pilot. it's the fly app. the mini 2 drone only works with the fly app
2022-3-16
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-15 23:28
It seems Android 12 has broken a lot of compatibility.

oh so it's android....yeah, doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the DJI fly app has been kicked off of the google play store.
2022-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

palouta Posted at 3-16 04:31
not the pilot. it's the fly app. the mini 2 drone only works with the fly app

https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... pW_LB7UDL6GevH4WVg5
2022-3-16
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

It seems that the problem has already been mentioned.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D737%26typeid%3D737
2022-3-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palouta Posted at 3-16 04:33
oh so it's android....yeah, doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the DJI fly app has been kicked off of the google play store.

No they left voluntarily, due to the bad practices of the store.
2022-3-17
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

your know what best about this post and the title question? is that DJI will never straight out and answer this question.

Just so everyone knows the answer is NO.

the only new Android device that will run the Fly app is the Ultra, at least for now.

APPLE people you are next to be bricked  
2022-3-18
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-17 00:18
No they left voluntarily, due to the bad practices of the store.

OK dude, if that is the case then they definitely owe the Android customer base compensation for their bricked drones. Really! they are going to willingly pull the fly app out of google play store but leave djigo,djigo4, and dji pilot?

Apple is next - why do you think they have moved to the "smart controller"

keep licking their a$$

2022-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palouta Posted at 3-18 04:29
OK dude, if that is the case then they definitely owe the Android customer base compensation for their bricked drones. Really! they are going to willingly pull the fly app out of google play store but leave djigo,djigo4, and dji pilot?

Apple is next - why do you think they have moved to the "smart controller"

You can download directly from the DJI Download centre. Thats how I update the smart controller
2022-3-19
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 01:29
You can download directly from the DJI Download centre. Thats how I update the smart controller

Bruh, I know. you can't install it once it's downloaded. the phone will not let it be installed. the last Samsug phone that is compatible is over a year old now.
2022-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palouta Posted at 3-21 11:54
Bruh, I know. you can't install it once it's downloaded. the phone will not let it be installed. the last Samsug phone that is compatible is over a year old now.

I think you just need to adjust your security settings.
2022-3-21
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-21 23:58
I think you just need to adjust your security settings.

I have done that, still doesn't work
2022-3-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palouta Posted at 3-22 03:52
I have done that, still doesn't work

For New Android Versions (Oreo, Pie, Android 10, 11 and 12)

Go to your Android Settings > Apps & Notifications
Select Advanced or the three dots at the top-right corner – users might see either option depending on their device
Select Special App Access
Choose Install Unknown Apps
Select the apps you want to allow to sideload apk files
2022-3-23
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 00:04
For New Android Versions (Oreo, Pie, Android 10, 11 and 12)

Go to your Android Settings > Apps & Notifications

I have done this..I have done everything! I have now spent hours and hours and I am telling you it can't be done. this company blows. all they will say is please use an approved device. the last approved samsung device is over a year old now
2022-3-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

palouta Posted at 3-28 05:25
I have done this..I have done everything! I have now spent hours and hours and I am telling you it can't be done. this company blows. all they will say is please use an approved device. the last approved samsung device is over a year old now

Its a shame Samsung have locked down their devices.
2022-3-28
Use props
Jake Frye
New

United States

palouta Posted at 3-16 04:31
not the pilot. it's the fly app. the mini 2 drone only works with the fly app

I use the rainbow app for my galaxy A13. Had the same problem.  It works you just can't access your videos and photos
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_SmMavyJHXYc0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 661165 ft
Romania

Hello, DJI is a very good company.  They make: drones, educational robots, stabilizers, and they would be a better company if they somehow made the Dji fly work with more phones.  I don't think all android 13 phones should run Dji fly.  I encourage Dji to make an update faster, for example with the Galaxy A13, my phone, yes it is possible.  Thank you.
2023-6-24
Use props
djiuser_05uBJom9GRac
New

United Kingdom

anyone know why my a13 android is saying disconnected when the drone if flashing green and got like a simulation game screen no cam
dji fly  mini 2
thanks
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_05uBJom9GRac Posted at 10-3 08:30
anyone know why my a13 android is saying disconnected when the drone if flashing green and got like a simulation game screen no cam
dji fly  mini 2
thanks

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out. Is it fine if you post a screenshot? Thank you very much.
2023-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules