Dual -- Log File(s) question...
1474 1 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Bennett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 289770 ft

United States

I have had a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual for some time now -- late 2019.  I have been puzzled by the log files, more specifically the number of and which one(s) to download.

When I had an Inspire 1, I would find and download a single logfile from the controller.  The files I download from my Mavic can number upwards of 10, 15, or more -- all the same date of the op I had just flown.  When I download from the Mav 2 using the DJI Assistant 2, I have files for "Complete", Camera, "FAM" (?), Flight Record, Gimbal, and Navigation data as well as a "System Data 1" and "System Data 2".

As if this isn't enough, I download from the controller text file(s) labeled "Flight Record".  There are several smaller log files I could transfer, but don't.

My question:  is there only one file I need to download (and which one), or do I need to download them all?

If it is only one I truly need -- and I suspect the Flight Record text file on the controller and/or the "complete" record on the Mav 2 itself -- why so many text files on the controller and why so many on the Mavic?  What does each data file represent?

Thank You
John Bennett
=========================================================================================
JOHN TRACEY BENNETT

SIU / FEM Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Administrator -- FAA Certified sUAS / UAV Operator (active)
Chief Engineering Draftsman
CAD System, Space Inventory, Utility Mapping, Floor Plate, Drawing, and Archive System Coordinator

FACILITIES & ENERGY MANAGEMENT
MAIL CODE 6727
SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
210 PHYSICAL PLANT DR
CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS 62901

E:  JohnB@PSO.SIU.edu / JohnB@SIU.edu
A:  #0014 / Service Building #01 / Engineering Services – Room 0108

P:  618/453-6766
F:  618/453-6784  
FACILITIES.SIU.EDU
FACILITIES.SIU.EDU/UAV/

2022-3-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the Enterprise version works in the same way as the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom the logs you want ( there may be two) are stored on the screen device.

There is a txt flight log which covers things like Lat and Long, height, speed, direction, stick inputs, some battery stuff etc. etc., then there  may be a DAT flight log which contains more technical data about the drone itself.
If the Enterprise uses the the RC1A controller then it is possible there will be a DAT but if you "sync" your logs with DJI the DAT's may be deleted during the sync process.

If the controller is the RC1B then it is my experience with the Pro/Zoom that DAT's are not created.

For instructions on how to retrieve these logs see either or both
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
&
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... alysis-guide.78627/

Again if the Enterprise is like the normal Mavic 2, the logs on the drone are encrypted and a waste of your time downloading. They can not be read by anyone other than DJI.
2022-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules