New Air 2S firmware Released (3/15/2022)
12Next >
13722 46 2022-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.03.15
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.21.50
  • Remote Controller:v04.12.00.56
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.10
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.10

What’s New?
  • Optimized user experience, and improved overall software stability.

Notes:
  •   If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-3-14
Use props
fanse1451d08
New

Turkey

Hello,

I am struggling about the update, I connect the AC to the computer (windows 10) but it connects after 10 sec the connection is lost. then it connects again but same until it will never connect again. I see some warnings on W10 says that the USB is not recognized. On the other hand I cannot connect the AC to RC although i have tried pair mode, and many other ways.
This is a new device for me just bought it in another country. When i tried to update the first time it failed at around 40 % then it will never connect to AC to RC.
I believe it happened as the update was not complete.
Is there any way to reset the drone to factory settings? or is there any way to upload the new firmware to SD card and install to the AC from the SD? Because it seems that the connection through computer or RC or Cellphone. I am using Iphone 11 pro up to date.
Thank you in advance.
2022-3-14
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse1451d08 Posted at 3-14 23:46
Hello,

I am struggling about the update, I connect the AC to the computer (windows 10) but it connects after 10 sec the connection is lost. then it connects again but same until it will never connect again. I see some warnings on W10 says that the USB is not recognized. On the other hand I cannot connect the AC to RC although i have tried pair mode, and many other ways.

With the DJI Fly App, I just update through the smartphone.
2022-3-15
Use props
umitcanan
New

Turkey

AntDX316 Posted at 3-15 02:50
With the DJI Fly App, I just update through the smartphone.

Did you connect smartphone without RC? or with RC? Because also RC is not connecting to the AC although i tried many times even with the pair mode.
2022-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sweet!  Digging out the Air2S to get it updated.
2022-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

So update was done, no issues.  Updated through fly application.
2022-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hello,

I am struggling about the update, I connect the AC to the computer (windows 10) but it connects after 10 sec the connection is lost. then it connects again but same until it will never connect again. I see some warnings on W10 says that the USB is not recognized. On the other hand I cannot connect the AC to RC although i have tried pair mode, and many other ways.

You have to use it with Dji assistant can be downloaded at dji.com
2022-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I like optimizations, they always seem to make the craft fly smoother.
2022-3-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update went smooth for me via the Fly app.  I was prompted to update each of my individual batteries as well.  I haven't flown it to test it yet.
2022-3-15
Use props
Darkozi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3678986 ft
Serbia

KlooGee Posted at 3-15 11:00
Update went smooth for me via the Fly app.  I was prompted to update each of my individual batteries as well.  I haven't flown it to test it yet.

Nice. Send us your thoughts after a flight or two. Thanks.
2022-3-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Does anyone have any idea what this update is about? I just flew one battery and noticed ZERO differences. Maybe someone else has.
2022-3-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-15 11:16
Does anyone have any idea what this update is about? I just flew one battery and noticed ZERO differences. Maybe someone else has.

With almost all dji drones optimization comes about every 6 months continuing for about 2 years. And basically this is like one total overhaul tuning of the craft , and it because of this that dji drones continually improve in almost every department. M2P/Z were much better craft after 6 months than when they were new.
2022-3-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  

Sure wish I knew what was optimized.  
2022-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Ohhh shoot.  Time to go back and do this seven times.  
2022-3-15
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-15 12:31
Thanks for sharing.  

Sure wish I knew what was optimized.

2022-3-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

umitcanan Posted at 3-15 04:04
Did you connect smartphone without RC? or with RC? Because also RC is not connecting to the AC although i tried many times even with the pair mode.

I connected as usual like you are going to fly then update by through the app pop-up then let it update.  I press the screen every now and then because if it turns off it could ruin the update.

I have my screen timeout to 2 or 5 minutes?  Update seemed to take longer than 5 minutes.

If you cannot update because you have a pairing problem then you have to pair it first.  I'm not sure of the combinations to get it to pair without the app.

You need to make sure the cable is connected properly.  If you have a cover on the phone that is too thick or/and your cable is bad, it won't work.

If all those don't work then.. probably use this?
https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-mavic

2022-3-15
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Either your batteries were behind an update, or something is wrong on my end.  My other batteries....the fly app never prompted me to update again and I even went to About and manually checked for updates.  It just said the firmware was up to date.
2022-3-15
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

dr6583 Posted at 3-15 14:56
Either your batteries were behind an update, or something is wrong on my end.  My other batteries....the fly app never prompted me to update again and I even went to About and manually checked for updates.  It just said the firmware was up to date.

I’m usually good about checking my batteries every time, but I’m not going to be swearing to anything.  Honestly, I’ve been mostly flying my M3 and have kind of neglected the Air 2S since it came out.
2022-3-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I tried all my batteries after the update. No battery update. they were all good.
2022-3-15
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 3-15 16:11
I’m usually good about checking my batteries every time, but I’m not going to be swearing to anything.  Honestly, I’ve been mostly flying my M3 and have kind of neglected the Air 2S since it came out.

I've been neglecting my Air 2S a bit as well since my Mavic 3 has been getting most of the attention. I still love the 2S and does virtually everything I want in a drone but for me, the thing that really stands out on the Mavic 3 is battery life. More time to get the shot you hope to get.  I haven't given up on the 2S by a long shot however.............
2022-3-15
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for the update...
2022-3-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Okay, lets have it- What did they break this time?
2022-3-15
Use props
umitcanan
New

Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 3-15 10:25
You have to use it with Dji assistant can be downloaded at dji.com

Either you didn't read my message at all, or you just reply with the most basic answer.
I will try to upload a video of the problems that i am facing..
thank you anyway.
2022-3-16
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

You can try to remove the current app on the PC and re-install it again, this will install the usb drivers again as well which could be the problem for it disconnecting, or the other issue could be the usb cable which is not good. Try another cable first, if that does not work and you have another PC, try using that.
2022-3-16
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The FW update fixes Litchi,

https://flylitchi.com/new
2022-3-16
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-16 08:46

Thats good news
2022-3-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-16 08:46

Nice find and thanks for sharing.  
2022-3-16
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 8743645 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Has anyone observed any noticeable changes to the aircraft or have any comments with it? Generally either heard of it being the same or no complaints so far so that's great.
2022-3-17
Use props
Bob D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1303451 ft
United States

Updated and flew today.  No noticeable changes.
2022-3-17
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ranrick Posted at 3-17 06:21
Has anyone observed any noticeable changes to the aircraft or have any comments with it? Generally either heard of it being the same or no complaints so far so that's great.

Flew the Air 2S yesterday and didn't notice any difference either. Lately however my remote has been speaking Chinese to me and I have the language set to English so can't figure that one out
2022-3-17
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Sigh.... Another FW update, and its just more optimization...

When will we be able to start up a live stream on FB, or Instagram, or even YT?  Will that be available when the Air 3S comes out?
2022-3-17
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

Keep up the good work!
Just installed via DJI Assist 2 on PC.
Let's hope it doesn't crash and burn, figuratively (or literally )
2022-3-17
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-17 11:28
Flew the Air 2S yesterday and didn't notice any difference either. Lately however my remote has been speaking Chinese to me and I have the language set to English so can't figure that one out

That seems more like an issue with the fly app itself or cache maybe? Nevertheless I think DJI will be releasing a new fly app version to fix it considering the upcoming rumored releases.
2022-3-17
Use props
EranR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 280515 ft
  • >>>
Israel

As far as I can tell, the most noticeable change with the new firmware (and it's a big issue for anyone using 3rd party apps to fly)
is the fact that gimbal attitude angles are now reported correctly to the DJI SDK (the software package used to develop 3rd party apps).
I have been waiting for this issue to be fixed since the release of the DJI SDK 4.16, which was the first to support the Air 2S.
Now it seems to be working like it should.
2022-3-18
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ranrick Posted at 3-17 21:38
That seems more like an issue with the fly app itself or cache maybe? Nevertheless I think DJI will be releasing a new fly app version to fix it considering the upcoming rumored releases.

It never use to speak Chinese to me so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Still speaks Chinese when starting up. A bit annoying but minor in the realm of the GPS issue
2022-3-19
Use props
Darkozi
lvl.3
Serbia

I flew today first time with new fw without any problems. What I saw as improvement was the speed of GPS connecting. It was at 24 like, instantly.
2022-3-19
Use props
ranrick
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Philippines

Flormo2002 Posted at 3-19 10:46
It never use to speak Chinese to me so I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Still speaks Chinese when starting up. A bit annoying but minor in the realm of the GPS issue

Really weird, eitherway hope this gets noted by the developers and fixed in the next update.
2022-3-20
Use props
RichyRichBda
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90279 ft
Bermuda

After this latest firmware update, the batteries don't seem to be doing the auto-discharge any more. After 10 days or so they are still showing up as fully charged. Anyone else seeing this?
2022-3-28
Use props
djiuser_VxWCA5F5HlKr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9239 ft
Israel

Hi and good afternoon.

Lately I have been seeing this issue of backward sensor upwards sensor issues error in red. Like it's not active. I can screen shot it from my phone for you to see.

It says to fly carefully. I wonder if it's a firmware issue or a something with the drone itself.

Let me know please.

Thanks,

Jonathan
2022-3-31
Use props
Darkozi
lvl.3
Serbia

RichyRichBda Posted at 3-28 07:09
After this latest firmware update, the batteries don't seem to be doing the auto-discharge any more. After 10 days or so they are still showing up as fully charged. Anyone else seeing this?

Not in my case. Discharges as expected.
2022-3-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules