10475 79 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
palouta
lvl.2
United States

DubSound Posted at 4-7 05:02
Bit of a cretinous reply. Get gone.

It's my post D1ck face. You decided to waddle in here with that bag of D1cks you keep in your mouth and drool on the floor.

thank you
2022-4-7
Use props
Airwolf076
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1354970 ft
United States

imazman Posted at 4-6 18:52
My advice...keep your Samsung phone and buy a DJI smart controller....#ProblemSolved.  I freestyle with custom 210" FPVs with DJI air unit, DJI Google V2, and DJI FPV Controller.  I have not bought a DJI drone yet because of the need for a phone to fly...albeit I am now looking to buy since they have smart controllers.  I don't care how old and slow my phone gets...I know I will always be able to fly with a dedicated DJI controller.  Now if only they would have the upcoming Mini 3 work with their FPV V2 goggles and remote...sweeeeet.

I mean if those weren't $1000+ that might actually be a viable option for the average person....... I feel a better option(for the average person) would be to buy a cheap phone(or tablet) that does work, It really doesn't have to cost alot, $100 can get you something like a Samsung Galaxy Tab A which will work just fine with the Fly app and has a big screen with *decent* brightness.
2022-4-7
Use props
imazman
lvl.1

United States

Airwolf076 Posted at 4-7 11:24
I mean if those weren't $1000+ that might actually be a viable option for the average person....... I feel a better option(for the average person) would be to buy a cheap phone(or tablet) that does work, It really doesn't have to cost alot, $100 can get you something like a Samsung Galaxy Tab A which will work just fine with the Fly app and has a big screen with *decent* brightness.

Yes, that is true...they really priced themselves out of a lot of sales.  Your suggestion is a good one and I would add that one should just keep it as a dedicated DJI screen and not install a bunch of other apps.  Also turn off sync'ing and auto updating of the apps...that is, if you want to turn it on 5 yrs down the road and have it work just as good as the day you got it.  (not that you will be using it as your main device but you know, those times when you are like, "wow look at this old drone I remember this, let's see if it still works"  ;-)   
P.S.  I have smart TVs which are now dumb and a car with Alexa built in and I now have to fight with the infotainment center to get it to connect for 10 minutes before every drive.
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_XEnfQxlKnNmX
New

France

L'application devient impossible sur la plupart des android, c'est vrai et reconnu par une partie des dirigeants de dji et pas par d'autres. Beaucoup évitent d'aborder la situation révélée et vérifiée de plus en plus souvent ayant peur de perdre leur job ou craignant d'autres représailles.
Ils affirment qu'un android 6.1 est suffisant pour faire tourner l'application sur des compatibles de leur liste. Des téléphones autres marques sont compatibles sans être ajoutés sur leur liste. Certains android 8 ou 9 ou 10 étaient compatibles il y a trois mois mais ne le sont plus aujourd'hui.
C'est vrai que l'application peut être chargée mais s'arrête sans fonction vidéo ni photo, même si vous autorisez votre android à accepter une application inconnue, elle s'arrêtera de tourner après quelques secondes d'ouverture.
Si dji persiste dans ce comportement il n'y aura plus d'avenir à cette application qui déjà est abandonnée par beaucoup de monde.
D'autres applications commencent à remplacer dji, il y en a des payantes, pas trop chères nombreuses, et peu des gratuites, mais cela arrive. Une place se libère sur le marché, elle sera vite occupée.N'achetez pas un téléphone trop cher tous les six mois à cause d'une application. Une autre application est vendue moins cher que votre téléphone c'est sûr.
2022-4-11
Use props
debegiu
New
Italy

AIUTOOOO!!! Non mi viene consentito il 1°decollo perchè dice :versione firmware non compatibile (code:30224), sono andato in profilo ma il firmware è aggiornato. Cosa devo fare???
2022-4-11
Use props
fans095f27eb
New

Australia

I bought a new android phone a few days ago, installed the fly app and flew the drone yesterday, FYI, must be fixed.
2022-4-11
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_XEnfQxlKnNmX Posted at 4-11 07:06
L'application devient impossible sur la plupart des android, c'est vrai et reconnu par une partie des dirigeants de dji et pas par d'autres. Beaucoup évitent d'aborder la situation révélée et vérifiée de plus en plus souvent ayant peur de perdre leur job ou craignant d'autres représailles.
Ils affirment qu'un android 6.1 est suffisant pour faire tourner l'application sur des compatibles de leur liste. Des téléphones autres marques sont compatibles sans être ajoutés sur leur liste. Certains android 8 ou 9 ou 10 étaient compatibles il y a trois mois mais ne le sont plus aujourd'hui.
C'est vrai que l'application peut être chargée mais s'arrête sans fonction vidéo ni photo, même si vous autorisez votre android à accepter une application inconnue, elle s'arrêtera de tourner après quelques secondes d'ouverture.

translated .......

The application becomes impossible on most androids, it is true and recognized by some of the leaders of dji and not by others. Many avoid addressing the increasingly revealed and verified situation for fear of losing their jobs or fearing further reprisals.
They claim that an android 6.1 is sufficient to run the application on compatible devices on their list. Phones from other brands are compatible without being added to their list. Some android 8 or 9 or 10 were compatible three months ago but are no longer compatible today.
It's true that the app can be loaded but stops without video or photo function, even if you allow your android to accept an unknown app, it will stop running after a few seconds of opening it.
If dji persists in this behavior, there will be no future for this application, which has already been abandoned by many people.
Other applications are beginning to replace dji, there are paid ones, many not too expensive, and few free ones, but it happens. A place becomes available on the market, it will quickly be occupied. Do not buy an overpriced telephone every six months because of an application. Another app is sold cheaper than your phone for sure.
2022-4-12
Use props
palouta
lvl.2
United States

imazman Posted at 4-7 16:37
Yes, that is true...they really priced themselves out of a lot of sales.  Your suggestion is a good one and I would add that one should just keep it as a dedicated DJI screen and not install a bunch of other apps.  Also turn off sync'ing and auto updating of the apps...that is, if you want to turn it on 5 yrs down the road and have it work just as good as the day you got it.  (not that you will be using it as your main device but you know, those times when you are like, "wow look at this old drone I remember this, let's see if it still works"  ;-)   
P.S.  I have smart TVs which are now dumb and a car with Alexa built in and I now have to fight with the infotainment center to get it to connect for 10 minutes before every drive.

yeah, but no. You can watch your TV still and you can drive your car as well. Those are the main functions.  Also this isn't a 5 year old product. The Mini2 was released in Nov 2020.It was purchased just over a year ago and is now useless until I spend money on something that is "compatible" but for how long? a month? six months? a year?  the Mini2 was released in Nov 2020
2022-4-12
Use props
djiuser_C0pFCAYUSRY9
New
Flight distance : 218068 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 17:21
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Android mobile device are you using when you experience the said issue? Please note that you can only download the DJI Fly app straight to our website. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

The app freezes on my phone after the log in page.
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_C0pFCAYUSRY9 Posted at 4-14 05:29
The app freezes on my phone after the log in page.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-4-15
Use props
djiuser_RWhxBTuyiGeQ
New

Turkey

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Android mobile device are you using when you experience the said issue? Please note that you can only download the DJI Fly app straight to our website. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

zayen sorun bu uygulamalarda ve birçok model telefon deteklenmiyor
2022-4-29
Use props
Adventure Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2106 ft
United States

Ya, I just wasted money on a Samsung A7Ltite. Oh well! Love all my Apple Ipads to fly anyway. Lot less getting ready on the opening screen
2022-5-1
Use props
djiuser_LAPW4Z7H6SBN
New
United States

This problem needs fixed. I have a samsung note 20ultra and the app worked fine until i got a few security updates from google. Now i can open the app but when trying to connect to the drone or view any of the menu options the screen goes blank and it just goes back to the home screen.
2022-5-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_RWhxBTuyiGeQ Posted at 4-29 13:09
zayen sorun bu uygulamalarda ve birçok model telefon deteklenmiyor

Hello, can you please confirm what issue did you experience? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-5-4
Use props
fans721d3a9d
New
United States

I have a Galaxy S21 and I can't get any Dji apps to work on my device, and I recently purchased the Action 2. What can I do, will I have to get another device?
2022-6-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok you do know that the Dji RC Pro and RC use an android screen right? However, if this information is true I would like Dji an Apple to partner up because they are the worlds top tech company’s right now.
2022-6-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-2 17:24
Ok you do know that the Dji RC Pro and RC use an android screen right? However, if this information is true I would like Dji an Apple to partner up because they are the worlds top tech company’s right now.

I won't object to any collaboration between DJI and Apple as long as it doesn't make DJI devices Apple-exclusive. Not all of us use iPhones, for one reason or another. Also, I think that wouldn't be a smart choice commercially either, as there are more Android users than iOS users. That would mean a huge loss of potential customers.
2022-6-3
Use props
Abe_flies
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265781 ft
United States

Oh no! DJI - let's get the app on Google Play! Having an unauthorized app even on the older Android phones is not desirable
2022-6-3
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 6-3 04:32
I won't object to any collaboration between DJI and Apple as long as it doesn't make DJI devices Apple-exclusive. Not all of us use iPhones, for one reason or another. Also, I think that wouldn't be a smart choice commercially either, as there are more Android users than iOS users. That would mean a huge loss of potential customers.

We’ll Dji could collaborate with Apple on account of Dji’s products increasing in price because the reason their are more android users in the world compared to IOS users is because android is more affordable as Apples is labeled as a luxurious company so if you can afford an Apple product you can as sure afford a Dji product.
2022-6-3
Use props
djiuser_UaUkLdd2znS2
New

United States

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what Android mobile device are you using when you experience the said issue? Please note that you can only download the DJI Fly app straight to our website. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

Are you just straight up lying? DJI is nonlonger compatible with ANY new android devices. Anyone that used to use DJI products that upgraded their phone device recently, found out the hard way that they are not compatible. You know this too. No hiding from it. How about you give us answers as to why this is the case?
2022-6-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_UaUkLdd2znS2 Posted at 6-6 11:18
Are you just straight up lying? DJI is nonlonger compatible with ANY new android devices. Anyone that used to use DJI products that upgraded their phone device recently, found out the hard way that they are not compatible. You know this too. No hiding from it. How about you give us answers as to why this is the case?

Hello there. We totally understand your frustration and our sincere apologies for that. Can you please confirm what issue are you experiencing right now for us to help you further? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-6-7
Use props
djiuser_C23YHtlAnxtk
New

Romania

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-16 10:34
I just recently purchased the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra and the DJI Fly App works just fine on it and I have not experienced any issues.

I just purchased an S22 Ultra and a DJI stuff and volia, there is no app on Google play. So, essentially I bought a brick.
I never ever will buy anything dji. How the fk can dji apps be banned from a play store?? Unbelievable!
2022-6-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_C23YHtlAnxtk Posted at 6-28 15:48
I just purchased an S22 Ultra and a DJI stuff and volia, there is no app on Google play. So, essentially I bought a brick.
I never ever will buy anything dji. How the fk can dji apps be banned from a play store?? Unbelievable!

Google Play no longer provides updated versions of the DJI Fly App.  You need to go to the DJI Download site located here.
2022-6-29
Use props
Mambawamba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28596 ft

Costa Rica

DJI will abandon phone users as they have new RCs that dont need phones... DJI doesn't cares, they sell detective items and then expect you to run the expenses
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_XsVnEmXBJAKO
New

Argentina

Tengo Android 12en Samsung a22 y no.puedo volar!!! La única solución es cambiar de Cellular? Son unos inútiles!!! Arreglen el problema estúpidos!!!
2022-7-29
Use props
djiuser_YCtaxhOjroxW
New

India

I use samsung s20 ultra, I downloaded the apk from dji web and followed all the instructions which u gave . but still unable to open the app. .please help
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_X7tvdBOb8zOl
New

United States

Just side load an app that cant maintain its play store presense from the web, what could go wrong! Literally the dumbest idea yet and all of you doing it are morons. Screw DJI, I'm chalking this one as a loss and chucking this thing in a garbage can.
2022-11-10
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

Would be interesting to see the source of this information.
2022-11-10
Use props
djiuser_xEzJHkjdl51u
lvl.1
Netherlands

ATKAS Posted at 2022-3-17 02:03
OP is right, has been an issue for a few months. Something to do with the Play Store not supporting DJI Fly currently due to tensions between US and China. Don't quote me, don't start flaming, may not be 'exactly' that, just Google it and you'll find info, that's just the general idea. I don't know the exact details, but that's the path a quick Google search lead me down when I too had the same problem. I too have a new Samsung S22 Ultra, but using the Smart Switch program to upgrade previous Android phone it automatically installed because it was previously installed. For another new Android tablet I have though I had to download the APK from DJI. Ironic considering our RC Pros are Android based...but preloaded I guess.
Easy to test, as I just did again. Open Play Store and search for the app. Not visible. May be regionally affected though, but Australia and US don't seem to be able to see it.
Also, click the "Download for Android" link on DJI's own Fly app page and rather than direct to the Play Store, it commences downloading the APK.

Hi. Sorry but I dint xare it does not work from the playstore.  I do care that the dowbloaded apk is NOT conpatible with my new samsung a13. I find it shocking the dji answer is go buy a new phone. I thought buying a dji u had something future proof. Its not like I have a very obscure phone. It seems from what I read its only coz its android 13.  Very disapisapointing dji in a year almost no obe cab fly the mini coz every will have a new pgobe or upgraded their olderphone.
2023-3-14
Use props
hansg
lvl.1
Netherlands

yeah dont buy dji its abandon ware
2023-3-14
Use props
hansg
lvl.1
Netherlands

LV_Forestry Posted at 2022-3-15 07:48
Can you give us the source of this information?

lol is this an official dji reply? that was last year i just noticed i have not support on pghone youy buy today so thats at least hals of the world if notr all of the world comon dji ply let us fly the mavic mini and thed other drones you make the drones are pretty cool. but useless if buyers cannot fly them.
2023-3-14
Use props
djiuser_RGFcfP1oQL1F
New

United States

palouta Posted at 2022-3-15 12:58
I am the source. Go buy an Android product produced in the last 4 months and you will not be able to install the fly app. No fly app install means you can't fly the drone!

Not true unless you don't know how to install the freely downloadable apk file.
Fear monger much?
Alarmist.
2023-3-25
Use props
djiuser_RGFcfP1oQL1F
New

United States

djiuser_C23YHtlAnxtk Posted at 2022-6-28 15:48

Just install the APK
2023-3-25
Use props
Chevy3717
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1438566 ft
  • >>>
United States

palouta Posted at 2022-3-15 12:58
I am the source. Go buy an Android product produced in the last 4 months and you will not be able to install the fly app. No fly app install means you can't fly the drone!

False. You are just getting blocked at the 3rd party install screen. Its just you;) installed fine on my new s23 ultra.
2023-4-11
Use props
Chevy3717
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1438566 ft
  • >>>
United States

palouta Posted at 2022-4-7 05:06
It's my post D1ck face. You decided to waddle in here with that bag of D1cks you keep in your mouth and drool on the floor.

What a troll, sorry your peasant phone doesn't work. It's not supposed to;)
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_R5TBDgGuEJlT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91240 ft

United States

ro_walker Posted at 2022-11-10 17:33
Would be interesting to see the source of this information.

Agreed... but on the box for my DJI drone it says, “Made for iPhone”. Is that just talking about the lightning plus on the controller or everything. On YouTube have seen more people having trouble on android devices compared to IOS devices. Personally I use IOS . But I don’t know if that’s the problem or like come users said, because of the rising tensions. Or is it just a temporary glitch. Call google to see if they have anything to say.
2023-4-11
Use props
djiuser_R5TBDgGuEJlT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91240 ft

United States

djiuser_R5TBDgGuEJlT Posted at 4-11 17:59
Agreed... but on the box for my DJI drone it says, “Made for iPhone”. Is that just talking about the lightning plus on the controller or everything. On YouTube have seen more people having trouble on android devices compared to IOS devices. Personally I use IOS . But I don’t know if that’s the problem or like come users said, because of the rising tensions. Or is it just a temporary glitch. Call google to see if they have anything to say.

Is this issue resolved?
I just realized it’s like a year old article.
2023-4-11
Use props
ro_walker
First Officer
Brazil

This is bad news...
2023-4-13
Use props
djiuser_6hKnEvzYoOu4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38579 ft
Belgium

J'ai un telephone Xiaomi  et j'ai du installer l'application Fly via lAPK ;;;;
2023-4-18
Use props
fans800d34c7
lvl.1

United States

imazman Posted at 2022-4-6 18:52
My advice...keep your Samsung phone and buy a DJI smart controller....#ProblemSolved.  I freestyle with custom 210" FPVs with DJI air unit, DJI Google V2, and DJI FPV Controller.  I have not bought a DJI drone yet because of the need for a phone to fly...albeit I am now looking to buy since they have smart controllers.  I don't care how old and slow my phone gets...I know I will always be able to fly with a dedicated DJI controller.  Now if only they would have the upcoming Mini 3 work with their FPV V2 goggles and remote...sweeeeet.

as you state the new smart controller, it is a locked android system, cant run any aps, you can run it in developer mode, and is not compatible with 03 air its lacking a lot the only option is to buy the way over priced pro, the radio is inferor to the cheaper radio sorry i don't mean to rant but i do believe dji has caught alot of flack over this and soon drooping android and apple do to leagule reasons
2023-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules