Feature request: Preserve mtime for downloaded files
472 1 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canis
lvl.1
Finland

Hi, I've found it very difficult if not impossible to keep all the stellar images/videos in chronological order in my export system folder:

1. The images and videos are displayed in chronological order when viewing the album directly on the drone
        => this is as expected and makes it easy to find footage from the drone over QuickTransfer mode
2. After using QuickTransfer to download, the footage arrives in the App Album in what appears to be erratic order, even for files that were downloaded together with 'Batch select'.
      => suggestion: display the files downloaded into the App Album in chronological order as they are displayed on the drone album

3. The modification time ('mtime') is set for all files as they are exported ('Saving to album') from App Album into system folder
      => suggestion: set file modification time ('mtime') for these files in system folder to the same timestamp as the original image timestamp. If this is not preferred default behavior, this could be enabled from Settings ('Preserve original timestamp for exported files').

An alternative to suggestion in point 3 could be if the export filename included the original timestamp of the image/video (preferrably YYYYmmddHHMMSS format so numeric order is also chronological order).

How does that sound? Do you have other suggestions for keeping all the phenomenal footage from these drones sorted?
I wonder if this behavior I am seeing is related to the Mini 2 or if the same problem exists for other models as well..?

DJI Fly v1.5.10(1070-official)

Thanks,

- A happy Mini 2 pilot

2022-3-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules