New DJI Action 2 firmware Released (3/30/2023)
1234Next >
45322 125 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.03.30
  • Firmware Version: v01.04.06.20
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.16
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.16

What’s New
  • Video will include gyro data in following camera settings: Stabilization: off; FOV: Wide; Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9) 100/120. Gyroflow version v1.4.2 or above is recommended for gyro-based video stabilization.
  • Improved the compatibility with Android 13.0.
  • Fix some minor bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart DJI Action 2 and DJI Mimo and retry.
  • Contact DJI Support if the update fails again.

Overview:
  • Date: 2023.2.16
  • Firmware Version: v01.04.05.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.8.12
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.8.12

What’s New
  • Video will include gyro data in following camera settings: Stabilization:  off; FOV: Wide; Resolution: 4K (4:3) 24/25/30/48/50/60 or 4K (16:9)  100/120. Gyroflow version v1.4.2 or above is recommended for gyro-based  video stabilization.
  • Improved the compatibility with Android 13.0.

Notes:

We  would like to express our sincere gratitude to each user who has used  the Beta firmware and got back to us with your valued suggestions. We  are always working to provide you with better service and use  experience.

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.3.16
  • Firmware: v01.03.30.20
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.7.14
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.7.14

What’s New?
  • Added a function that detects if the magnetic protective case is installed on the camera unit. A magnetic protective case greatly reduces situations of recording being stopped due to high temperature threshold.
  • Updated where pressing and holding the power button for one second when the camera is powered off will skip Snapshot and power the camera on without triggering the recording function.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the camera view for Snapshot is displayed upside-down.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:

2022-3-15
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

thank you for the update...
2022-3-15
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Upgraded successfully without issues - first I upgraded the DJI Mimo app, and then it detected the new firmware and installed it seamlessly on the Action 2.

Many thanks! Unfortunately, still no audio on the webcam function - it would be very helpful if this could be implemented please - no need for wide view in webcam mode.
2022-3-16
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Fails every update attempt now after it failed the first time.

It now refuses to stay connected to the fly app.
2022-3-16
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Not yet gyro data embedded to video files?
2022-3-16
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

Thank you for share bro
2022-3-16
Use props
WICreekPaddler
lvl.4
United States

Great update, thanks DJI!
2022-3-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2022-3-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know if this resolved the issue of not being able to use the action 2 as a webcam on a mac?
2022-3-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

So now it's very logical.

Set up Snapshot function to your liking
Long press to turn the camera on or off under all circumstances
Short press to start or stop recording under all circumstances

Even I can remember that!

Thanks, DJI.

[Edit - and it works well now that I've managed to update the FW]

2022-3-16
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Is the app version 1.7.14 a new one?  Here, 1.7.12 does not work properly with the Action 2.

[Edit - yes, it is a new version and yes, it does work ok with the first phone I have tried.  But it's not offering a FW update and I can't see a way to force it to check, which is frustrating.]
[Edit - I manged to do the FW update using a phone with mobile data enabled - perhaps lack of a sim card in the other phone was preventing communication to the camera and to the internet at the same time.  This phone also now works with the Action 2, which it didn't do for many weeks before.  Good!]

2022-3-16
Use props
djiuser_xSwSveIHap0D
lvl.4
New Zealand

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-16 15:46
So now it's very logical.

Set up Snapshot function to your liking

Yes, totally agree! Very logical.

It is also “showing the finger” to anyone who uses the camera head/helmet mounted and won’t be able to tell if they started recording or just turned the camera on by pressing the button. Oh well. I guess we just need to start another thread about a “serious bug with snapshot after firmware update”
2022-3-16
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 3-16 00:38
Fails every update attempt now after it failed the first time.

It now refuses to stay connected to the fly app.

This is for the Action 2 - not a drone - please try to use the DJI Mimo app
2022-3-17
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 3-16 13:57
Anyone know if this resolved the issue of not being able to use the action 2 as a webcam on a mac?

Don't quote me on this as i don't use a Mac, but I doubt it - from memory it doesn't seem to just affect the Action 2 - I recall there was a thread posted about it affecting other cameras to in which case I would "assume" (but we all know what assuming does!" that it's an OS level issue.

Caveat emptor - take everything I say with a pinch of salt as I don't own/use a Mac
2022-3-17
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

edwardquan Posted at 3-17 04:45
Don't quote me on this as i don't use a Mac, but I doubt it - from memory it doesn't seem to just affect the Action 2 - I recall there was a thread posted about it affecting other cameras to in which case I would "assume" (but we all know what assuming does!" that it's an OS level issue.

Caveat emptor - take everything I say with a pinch of salt as I don't own/use a Mac

Good point as I don't have a mac compatible web cam to try that out with, aside from the in built web came of the laptop. But I do remember a thread where the dev here on the forum said they were working with Apple to try and resolve the issue. I've had time to try since the new action 2 firmware and can confirm it still doesn't work as a webcam.
2022-3-17
Use props
djiuser_52BD4xYyUcX2
New
Flight distance : 40036 ft
United States

I got a question is the DJI mini 2 iPhone cord suppose to charge my phone from the controller while flying?
2022-3-17
Use props
WICreekPaddler
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_52BD4xYyUcX2 Posted at 3-17 14:26
I got a question is the DJI mini 2 iPhone cord suppose to charge my phone from the controller while flying?

You may want to check the DJI Mini 2 forum section for this question.
2022-3-18
Use props
djiuser_2WRlU3PHbjCW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652680 ft
Guatemala

The issue when a big video file is download ed and the endless app crashing loop still here un till you deleite the app cache.. Also when downloading video files will say that is corrupted and wont play.. It takes several attempts till finally download a nice video file, and overheating got worse with this latest update.
Screenshot_20220318_170139_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
2022-3-18
Use props
djiuser_2WRlU3PHbjCW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 652680 ft
Guatemala

Cobani Posted at 3-16 00:58
Not yet gyro data embedded to video files?

It seems that dji its just releasing products and dont care about bugs, same happened to dji fpv drone now is forgotten... Their competitors are doing better like insta 360
2022-3-18
Use props
fans53756491
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18652 ft
  • >>>
Israel

I thinking of buying the action 2. The issue that i read that this camera overheated. As a result a new magnetic case was offer. Is this magnetic case disperse the heat so the camera does not overheated?
2022-3-21
Use props
Markie8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I used it for a whole day of riding mountain bike yesterday and didn't have any heat issue, however transferring file from internal to external it did warm up a bit plus took quite sometime to do the transfer :/ only had 19 clips min 1min.

DJI mimo app takes few tries to properly connect it which is a bit annoying.
2022-3-21
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

edwardquan Posted at 3-17 04:42
This is for the Action 2 - not a drone - please try to use the DJI Mimo app

What????

I am having issues with the Action 2 and the Mimo app.

What made you think otherwise was it becuse I said fly and no Mimo? Was a brain fart.
2022-3-25
Use props
edwardquan
lvl.4
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 3-25 02:03
What????

I am having issues with the Action 2 and the Mimo app.

I would recommend download v1.7.14 of the Mimo app and see if you can upgrade successfully.

If not please give us as much information as possible as to the error you get including any error messages etc. please.

DJI Mimo can be downloaded from:

https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2022-3-30
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

Snapshot only allows "Record", "QuickClip", and "Hyperlapse" and no option for Photo, is that correct or am I missing something?
2022-3-30
Use props
Markie8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Outie Posted at 3-30 23:51
Snapshot only allows "Record", "QuickClip", and "Hyperlapse" and no option for Photo, is that correct or am I missing something?

You're correct, there's no photo option so you're not missing anything.

However I hope the snapshot 'Record' option can record a bit longer or until power is pressed again. I've only tried it once but I think it can only record 30s.
2022-3-31
Use props
TWStories
lvl.3

Canada

So the over heating issue is gone after his update?   

_________
Toronto Wedding Stories
Wedding Cinematography
www.torontoweddingstories.ca
_________

2022-3-31
Use props
Markie8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TWStories Posted at 3-31 19:00

I wouldnt say so, i think the heating issue is more of a hardware related than software. Never had issue with heat when using outside doing fast phase action.

Hope the file transfer to external sd can be improved
2022-3-31
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TWStories Posted at 3-31 19:00

Laws of physics.
How can an update stop heat from building up inside the unit???!
Only way to do this would be to throttle the chipset, which affects performance, which cannot be done since the camera is marketed as a 4K 120 unit.
No update will EVER 'fix' overheating.
Saying that, I have yet to have any overheating issue with normal use anyways
2022-4-1
Use props
b3nkts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8655 ft

United States

Mac w m1 processor and macos12.3  does not connect w action2 …. But same action2 connects fine with mac w intel processor and same macos12.3.  Please fix
2022-4-3
Use props
Henry Kuick
New
Malaysia

Sorry, wrongly post...
2022-4-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

b3nkts Posted at 4-3 00:41
Mac w m1 processor and macos12.3  does not connect w action2 …. But same action2 connects fine with mac w intel processor and same macos12.3.  Please fix

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know your Macbook model? Also, if it is convenient to you, may we have a video showing how the DJI Action 2 performs when connecting to your Mac with M1 processor? We will forward it to our designated teams.
2022-4-15
Use props
Soukron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 921319 ft
Spain

djiuser_2WRlU3PHbjCW Posted at 3-18 15:10
It seems that dji its just releasing products and dont care about bugs, same happened to dji fpv drone now is forgotten... Their competitors are doing better like insta 360

We're ending 2022 and this camera still doesn't provides the gyro data... what a shame some products are, as you said, just released and forgotten the same exact date.
2022-11-7
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Soukron Posted at 11-7 08:51
We're ending 2022 and this camera still doesn't provides the gyro data... what a shame  some products are, as you said, just released and forgotten the same exact date.

With the amount of negative press the camera has received, I wouldn't be surprised if the sales are too low to justify the developer effort for a new firmware.
2022-11-7
Use props
Cobani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612503 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

Fuck, I saw "NEW DJI ACTION 2 FIRMWARE" and my heart stops... but somebody revived the old post.

Please don't play with our feelings...
2022-11-8
Use props
djiuser_2RfNbF02gOY2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659344 ft
France

fish sticks Posted at 11-7 20:58
With the amount of negative press the camera has received, I wouldn't be surprised if the sales are too low to justify the developer effort for a new firmware.

This is very unfortunate because that camera has a unique concept. Yes it has a lot of lack but if you know how to manage it's  very doable.
I think updating it with the ability to extract the gyro data would give that camera a second life.
2022-11-8
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Cobani Posted at 11-8 06:43
Fuck, I saw "NEW DJI ACTION 2 FIRMWARE" and my heart stops... but somebody revived the old post.

Please don't play with our feelings...

I'm surprised that you are the first to complain about someone posting unnecessarily.
2022-11-8
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Gyro data, and EIS priority in low-light. Let's hope to have it for XMas '22.
2022-11-9
Use props
Maxime Bermond
lvl.3
Italy

Danergo Posted at 11-9 07:04
Gyro data, and EIS priority in low-light. Let's hope to have it for XMas '22.

+1 please!
2022-11-9
Use props
hayabusa_1988
lvl.1

United States

THE DJI ACTION 2 CAMERA IS GIVING ME CAMERA ORIENTATION ISSUES!!! AND IT DOESN'T OPEN MY ADVANCED SETTINGS NEITHER THE MICROPHONE SETTINGS ON TOP ON THE RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE DEVICE

So i never got an update firmware from the DJI ACTION 2 and it was working completely fine, then suddenly it started to make problems on the screen orientation, so in order to explain this big issue is, the orientation of the camera stays always the same as if it never has had problems, but using the DJI MIMO APP i can see in my iphone and ipad that there is clearly a big problem on the orientation lens screen.
If i hold the camera the proper way, in my phone or ipad the orientation is tilted to the right, making it seem as if the screen of my iphone is horizontally placed, which is not. The phone is Vertically aligned to my sight and therefore i rotate the camera into a 90 degree angle to the right and the image gets STABALIZED on the iphone or ipad, WHICH IS COMPLETELY WRONG!  so if the lens is sideways or the cam is sideways and the magnetic teeth are left or right from the headband then its impossible to be able to record since the magnetic straps or teeth arent coping with each other. Also if the iphone or ipad are actually telling me that if the lens is recording sideways then the image or photo comes out to be the right way. Now i am no coder but this might be a great BUG issue in the app or just plainly in the FIRMWARE of the DJI ACTION 2 camera. So the main reason why i say this is because when i actually input the ADVANCED SETTINGS, the advanced settings on my right hand corner of the device (djiaction2 camera) were not giving me the options about the MICROPHONE! this is horrendous! Its a very expensive device and is not working properly under the IPHONE neither IPAD neither the DEVICE itself! I am either thinking of returning the device and get a go Pro or just wait until this issue is fixed. I am so dissapointed with this because i was so eager to get it in my hands and test it because i saw the dji website and saw all the mechanisms that it does and i was super excited to buy it and try it and use it for my traveling and daily use for blogging, but this is utterly disappointing MAINLY BECAUSE OF THE PRICE AND HOW BAD EVERYTHING IS COMING OUT FROM THE DEVICE ITSELF, THE APP AND SOFTWARE ITSELF.

Just bought this DJI ACTION 2 Device combo, and it seems to give some issues with the app on the iOS platform, The app for the iOS is up to date and the camera device firmware is as well up to date. I am not sure what is creating this issues about camera orientation as well the app not working correctly. Its pretty concerning. Bought this brand new and i was so disappointed when i found out that the PRO MODE on the camera is not bringing out the MICROPHONE SETTINGS, I was watching a set up guide from a person doing the set up guide on youtube and i noticed he was able to change the microphone directional audio channels, for example ;
(He changed from front to back and from all directions as well other settings for the microphone settings, which they do not appear onto my device DJI ACTION 2 Device) It makes so disappointed that i bought it and when i start to use it or test it, is just giving me negative feedback and no actual good use for blogging or other ways of use such as external sd card settings too, so i am a bit sad about it but i am going to try to get an external headband or body chest holder for the device that can actually hold on to the chest with the dual camera device or as well the dual power bank and camera itself.
If you are a user as me and bought this device in order to do live stream or blogs or any other activities with this camera and you are having issues with it the same way i am.

DJI MIMO APP VERSION 1.8.8

DJI ACTION 2 FIRMWARE VERSION 01.03.30.20

DJI ACTION 2 CAMERA FIRMWARE VERSION 10.00.36.09

Here are the latest information about my camera and my apps that i am using with DJI ACTION 2 supported devices and apps (softwares)
https://youtu.be/7qhIo9xi5Qc

2022-12-6
Use props
djiuser_ykjjrBPBKjgP
New
Italy

Hi , I'm testing last revision of firmware but i have a strange issue on live streaming . After 1 minutes of streaming the system stop to stream and disconnect from server i did the test with 2 different Action 2 camera and with 3 differnt kind of RTMP server one of that was youtube . Some suggestions about how to solve this issue ?
2022-12-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules