New DJI Action 2 firmware Released (3/30/2023)
1234Next >
45265 125 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
virtualrobotix
New
Italy

djiuser_ykjjrBPBKjgP Posted at 12-17 01:58
Hi , I'm testing last revision of firmware but i have a strange issue on live streaming . After 1 minutes of streaming the system stop to stream and disconnect from server i did the test with 2 different Action 2 camera and with 3 differnt kind of RTMP server one of that was youtube . Some suggestions about how to solve this issue ?

I found the issue , the problem was the hotspot of my Galaxy Fold 4 .. if it set at balanced performance stop to stream after 1 minutes because i lost wifi connection ... instead if i set to compatibility at 2.4 ghz continue to work fine without issue
2022-12-18
Use props
icondive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183671 ft
Greece

Thanks DJI ! Great news ! Keep updating… Any chance for 10bot in D-Cinelike mode in the next update ??
2023-2-16
Use props
icondive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 183671 ft
Greece

Thanks DJI ! Great news ! Keep updating… Any chance for 10bot in D-Cinelike mode in the next update ??
2023-2-16
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Awesome, can we get 10bit d-cinelike now?
2023-2-16
Use props
Walter White
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96522 ft
Italy

Thank you, update is done
2023-2-16
Use props
nivrix
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you for the update. But with the newest firmware horizon leveling with gyroflow is still not working. Is there a chance of that getting fixed?
2023-2-17
Use props
kan_i2003yahoo.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 44150 ft
United States

Sorry can someone explain what is this gyro flow do. Is this for FPV?
2023-2-17
Use props
djiuser_zEKgdWRops1S
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Why does it not support 4K 16:9 25/30/50/60 FPS?
2023-2-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No problem installing the update. Thanks !
2023-2-20
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

kan_i2003yahoo.com Posted at 2-17 13:23
Sorry can someone explain what is this gyro flow do. Is this for FPV?

Probably the best video to watch on this;  

Short answer:  Yes, it's primarily geared toward FPV flights and stabilizing the footage.   GoPro does something similar with their "ReelSteady Go" APP.  
2023-2-20
Use props
jtahanlangit
lvl.1

Philippines

The new FW version is just so amazing:
https://youtu.be/vCAkgjoLuCc
2023-2-20
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm having a massive issue: during update, for download, my phone rejoined to my Wifi, and update went up to 50%. I think action2 was turned off, and I pushed the button on it, to turn it back on (but I think I just turned it off). Did I brick it now? It's NOT TURNING ON
2023-2-21
Use props
Area71techinfo
New
United Kingdom

2023-2-23
Use props
Area71techinfo
New
United Kingdom

Unbelievable ... Since this new update my DJI Action 2 is now stopping recording at 6 mins (2.7k@30fps) and 4 minutes (4k@30fps) when before this ridiculous update it was lasting for 16mins 4k@30fps ????
The weirdest thing is my action 2 doesn't even feel that hot when the overheating warning pops up and stops the recording ?????
Again another bulls up that has rendered my unit useless and as I do a tech YouTube channel this has become a massive inconvenience to say the least and I have done content on YouTube about this issue with the new update
THE SADDEST THING IS THAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO A REVIEW ON THE DJI ACTION 2 BUT HOW CAN I WITH SUCH APPEALING OVERHEATING ISSUES, THIS WILL BE MY LAST DJI PRODUCT
DJI PLEASE GET THIS FIXED BEFORE I DO MY REVIEW ON THIS ACTION CAMERA
PXL_20230222_142418379.jpg
2023-2-23
Use props
Area71techinfo
New
United Kingdom

DJI
This new update now shuts my action 2 more quickly than than the previous firmware

I can remember it lasting and saying in settings for 4k 30fps (mag case on) 16 mins !?

But now not only in it's settings for 4k 30fps it lasts for 8mins but in reality it's only lasting just 4 to 6 mins max (with the mag case on) ????????????

Talk about a huge leap backwards with this firmware update .... Time to sell the DJI action 2 and go back to GoPro (at least I will get 8 mins in 5.7k 30fpm and more in 4k) ... I will NEVER BUY DJI devices again .... Fix then unfix issues really, feel free to watch my New YouTube Tech channel within the next few days about this incompetence in firmware updates (you'll know who I am once you watch it and it's not my old Area71techinfo channel)
2023-2-23
Use props
PixelPro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

Thanks for the update
2023-2-27
Use props
djiuser_jauIAL1LuyW3
lvl.2
Poland

Hi, my main problem (except overheating) after update is related with lack of stabilization at the beginning of recording. Regardless of the set resolution and stabilization mode, the first 12 seconds of the video are not stabilized. At 13 seconds, the stabilization starts working until the end of the recording. I reported the problem a week ago and so far I'm being flooded by support with mostly irrelevant questions, which I think are supposed to discourage me from DJI products. Resetting the device and calibrating the horizon obviously do not help.
2023-3-9
Use props
djiuser_sa06VlM11KPk
New
Flight distance : 140030 ft
Italy

Non riesco ad aggiornare all’ultima versione
2023-3-10
Use props
flopbuster
lvl.2
Brazil

Hey DJI team,

Is there any technical reason as to why Ultra-Wide FOV mode can't store IMU gyro data?
As a layman, I have the impression that more information at the edges of the video, from a wider FOV, would reduce cropping/zooming while stabilizing and provide an overall better result.
2023-3-15
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1523573 ft
Austria

My problem is that I cannot initiate the update:
DJI Mimo (newest version) on the phone is connected to the Action 2 via bluetooth, connected to the internet, can take photos or videos per Mimo App, but there is nothing to find of FIRMWARE update !
Mimo shows the last FW of march 2022, how can I initiate the update (it does no automatic) ?

Ernst
2023-3-15
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

straks Posted at 3-15 18:13
My problem is that I cannot initiate the update:
DJI Mimo (newest version) on the phone is connected to the Action 2 via bluetooth, connected to the internet, can take photos or videos per Mimo App, but there is nothing to find of FIRMWARE update !
Mimo shows the last FW of march 2022, how can I initiate the update (it does no automatic) ?

The update has been removed as it created serious problems including issues with stabilisation. There seems to be no indication when the next update will be.
2023-3-16
Use props
straks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1523573 ft
Austria

Ulsterscot Posted at 3-16 14:35
The update has been removed as it created serious problems including issues with stabilisation. There seems to be no indication when the next update will be.

Thank you, so the FW from March 2022 is the latest version .
2023-3-16
Use props
davidgu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 731588 ft
Portugal

I have just bought a action 2 to use with gyroflow and now I can not get the latest fw. its not there i get the one before the gyrodata but the new one i can not get. What is going on? did I spend money for nothing?
2023-3-17
Use props
djiuser_SWPpHH4fP1i7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2798688 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

davidgu Posted at 3-17 02:56
I have just bought a action 2 to use with gyroflow and now I can not get the latest fw. its not there i get the one before the gyrodata but the new one i can not get. What is going on? did I spend money for nothing?

So bad... I just got one because of the Gyroflow update and the same, no update is available.
2023-3-18
Use props
10-Bit
lvl.4
United States

My guess is that some users are experiencing update and gyro problems - but not all.  Our unit seems to be working fine with none of the problems posted.  Gyroflow is able to export stabilized footage as expected.
2023-3-19
Use props
stwil
lvl.1
Flight distance : 305883 ft
  • >>>
United States

10-Bit Posted at 3-19 11:39
My guess is that some users are experiencing update and gyro problems - but not all.  Our unit seems to be working fine with none of the problems posted.  Gyroflow is able to export stabilized footage as expected.

From reading some reports it seems like the issues are mostly with using the built-in DJI stabilization modes (not using gyroflow). It's a little frustrating for me because I also bought the camera with the assumption that I could get onto the latest firmware and record with gyroflow. This was after DJI had yanked the firmware but before there was any acknowledgement from DJI in the forums or elsewhere. DJI Support wasn't even aware that they had pulled it. I understand why this was done but believe the communication could have been handled a bit better. Also, if there was simply a way to flash the firmware version using an SD card or DJI assistant PC app, that would be very helpful for a number of scenarios including this one. Users who still want to upgrade can do so, and users experiencing issues can downgrade. It would help take the pressure off of DJI to get this fixed as quickly.
2023-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

stwil Posted at 3-20 14:42
From reading some reports it seems like the issues are mostly with using the built-in DJI stabilization modes (not using gyroflow). It's a little frustrating for me because I also bought the camera with the assumption that I could get onto the latest firmware and record with gyroflow. This was after DJI had yanked the firmware but before there was any acknowledgement from DJI in the forums or elsewhere. DJI Support wasn't even aware that they had pulled it. I understand why this was done but believe the communication could have been handled a bit better. Also, if there was simply a way to flash the firmware version using an SD card or DJI assistant PC app, that would be very helpful for a number of scenarios including this one. Users who still want to upgrade can do so, and users experiencing issues can downgrade. It would help take the pressure off of DJI to get this fixed as quickly.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you have contacted our support before?
Could you please let us know how you contacted them? Then we can check the details better asap. And we will also forward your feedback to the relevant team asap and see how we can solve it asap.
Thanks in advance and sorry again for this problem.

2023-3-20
Use props
Tokyo_Dad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31529 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-20 17:35
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you have contacted our support before?

All your questions are answered above, the issue is People have purchased your camera based on the update for Gyroflow and now that update has been removed with "Zero" communication from DJI.

Communication is simple...very simple. "Dear DJI Customer, we have found a small issue within the last firmware update and need to remove it, we will keep you updated on the progress and give you a release date on the newer Vxxxx firmware fix"

DJI seems not to care much about the consumer as DJI is never in a hurry to sort the problems, it's been this way for as long as I can remember.

Contacting support is also not as simple as it's made out to be this is why we turn to the forums to get answers....which are the usual generic deflection question...have you tried this or have you tried that.

Have DJI tried being upfront with the consumer?....Noope!

Read your forums and you will see the issue people are having with your products and fix them. At the end of the day, we are the ones doing the actual R&D for your product in real-world situations.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tokyo_Dad Posted at 3-21 01:47
All your questions are answered above, the issue is People have purchased your camera based on the update for Gyroflow and now that update has been removed with "Zero" communication from DJI.

Communication is simple...very simple. "Dear DJI Customer, we have found a small issue within the last firmware update and need to remove it, we will keep you updated on the progress and give you a release date on the newer Vxxxx firmware fix"

Hi, there.
We are sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
In order to provide a better user experience, v01.04.05.10 has been temporarily removed. The firmware update will be released once the optimization is complete.
Your suggestions and feedback have been registered at the same time, and we will pay more attention to this problem and urge them to solve it asap.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-3-21
Use props
nivrix
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-21 04:02
Hi, there.
In order to provide a better user experience, v01.04.05.10 has been temporarily removed. The firmware update will be released once the optimization is complete.

Dear DJI team,

I would love to see if you also fix the horizon leveling with gyroflow in the next update. Feel free to add me to a beta test if there will be one.
2023-3-21
Use props
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-21 04:02
Hi, there.
In order to provide a better user experience, v01.04.05.10 has been temporarily removed. The firmware update will be released once the optimization is complete.

Dear DJI!

Can you please integrate Action3's feature "Prioritize EIS in low-light" into Action2 with this new firmware to prevent these kind of videos in 4K30 full-auto mode:

2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

nivrix Posted at 3-21 08:36
Dear DJI team,

I would love to see if you also fix the horizon leveling with gyroflow in the next update. Feel free to add me to a beta test if there will be one.

Hi, nivrix. Thanks for your feedback.
We will register it and ask the relevant team to check it.
For your needs, please stay tuned to the DJI forum.
Thank you again for your support.
2023-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Danergo Posted at 3-21 09:11
Dear DJI!

Can you please integrate Action3's feature "Prioritize EIS in low-light" into Action2 with this new firmware to prevent these kind of videos in 4K30 full-auto mode:

Hi, Danergo, thanks for your suggestion.
We will forward it to the relevant team for evaluation.
If there are any updates, you can check our official website.
Thanks again for your support.
2023-3-21
Use props
Dijkemaatje
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1608179 ft
Netherlands

Hi, I can't seem to get the firmware (Firmware Version: v01.04.05.10) automatically. I have the newest Mimo version. Please advise? Thanks.
2023-3-22
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The update does not show up in the app?!
2023-3-22
Use props
Ulsterscot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56398 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can we please get some indication as to when the"fixed" firmware will be released. I'm stuck on the new version and have been told it can't be rolled back. Just some sort of time frame would be nice. Days? Weeks? Months?
2023-3-22
Use props
Dijkemaatje
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1608179 ft
Netherlands

DRAGenDROP Posted at 3-22 11:18
The update does not show up in the app?!

No, it doesn't show up in the app. Tried a few different things.
2023-3-23
Use props
fansebbce3dc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3933806 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Hi DJI Team,
I know v01.04.05.10 has been temporarily removed and not showing up in the app currently, in order to provide a better user experience, but I would like to know the estimated time of release, how many days/weeks later or something.
Thank you!
2023-3-23
Use props
robbsv
lvl.1

Germany

I am also interested in a timeframe for the update. I just purchased the Action2 few  days ago because of the Gyro-Data-Option...
2023-3-24
Use props
djiuser_ftv0Un4AEwHn
New
Poland

hello dji team, action 2 won't update to gyroflow.  please help
2023-3-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules