Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)
50467 247 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Gavin HR has reported some potential stability / hover issues with the new version as well as looking at the potential GPS lock changes.

2022-3-17
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Johnny_J Posted at 3-17 10:50
DroneBluffer wrote: "But you had made posts about software issues causing drones to fly away, wait what will you call that, the engineering term is "Software bugs" Stop being a Troll and an illiterate goat, and stop harassing people and get a Drone"

I never made any post regarding drone fly-aways. I might have replied to those, though.

Oh, then this must be another Stupid Johnny in the post below

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247588
2022-3-17
Use props
Bdi
New
Flight distance : 696 ft
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 3-16 08:55
Conventional wisdom holds that you should never rush into firmware updates if the product is operating satisfactorily...   Observe what other users encounter rather than possibly degrade your product with buggy software.

Preventing downgrades is frequently a security tactic employed by manufacturers in an effort to prevent users from hacking devices and possibly operating them in a manner inconsistent with the manufacturers recommendations. (ie DH-C).

What he said ☝️
2022-3-17
Use props
Bdi
New
Flight distance : 696 ft
United Kingdom

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-17 14:23
Oh, then this must be another Stupid Johnny in the post below

I’m interested in the response
2022-3-17
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never made any post regarding drone fly-aways. I might have replied to those, though.

Ri'eallllllly.....

2022-3-17
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

dpeagle Posted at 3-17 11:03
can someone give me a good reason to update? it seems like there are no highlighted improvements or features, and with the mini 3 close to release this might be the last update for the mini 2. I've also seen early reports about the extended time it takes to acquire all your available satellites.

I can't give you any good reason but maybe provide a few grains of salt.
It seems the update does not improve anything for the pilot.

It stops the use of third-party, erm, improvements like "correcting" the maximum height limits, which could be used in illegal *and* legal ways. So the update just forbids you making your own choice.

It restricts any firmware rollback, thus you cannot install older firmware if the present firmware causes general problems or special issues with your personal configuration, environment or preferences. THIS is something highly unacceptable.
One YT video mentions the drone cannot hold it's set height anymore if it exceeds the height monitored by the downward sensors. If this turns out to be true, it would be a severe safety risk (like crashing into objects while RTH) - and a risk you cannot revert by installing an earlier firmware. I also read reports on worse GPS satellites acquisition (these should be taken with several grains of salt). If this turns out to be true, positioning precision will diminish, which could also turn into a severe safety risk. And you won't be able to correct that problem by installing a previous and flawless firmware.

I don't care about being able to use hacks. But I care about being able to revert to a firmware working flawless in my setting. As a registered and certified UAS pilot I am bound to keeping all possible risks as low as possible. And that's impossible if a firmware prevents me from downgrading to a safer firmware. That's why 1.04 won't get anywhere near my drone.
Read this, DJI: Restricting firmware downgrades is unacceptable!

Why you should take reports on worse GPS satellites acquisition with several grains of salt: GPS reception is never the same, satellites change position, weather and environmental factors have a severe impact on GPS reception and satellite acquisition. Thus a worse performance could be just the result of different circumstances, a temporary phenomenon not caused by the firmware, just by physics.
2022-3-17
Use props
ALLAN_DEloir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70249 ft
Slovakia

DrS79 Posted at 3-16 21:35
I work as a drone operator for the Ukrainian army and can't use Areoscope anymore. I first thought it is the firmware but now I read that DJI is _deliberately_ disabling it for Ukrainian operators, but still enabling the usage for Russian operators. Why? Our people are dying here!

[view_image]

Mini2 has no AEROSCOPE.
2022-3-18
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2749 ft
Poland

DrS79 Posted at 3-16 21:35
I work as a drone operator for the Ukrainian army and can't use Areoscope anymore. I first thought it is the firmware but now I read that DJI is _deliberately_ disabling it for Ukrainian operators, but still enabling the usage for Russian operators. Why? Our people are dying here!

[view_image]

What Dji is doing is nothing but silent support for Russia. No wonder, since China has been friends with Russia for years. Apparently, it helps to register for data from outside the UA or turning off geolocation.
2022-3-18
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Poland

Landey Posted at 3-17 02:13
I am astonished about the range of DJI drones: You are in Austria and can still operate drones in Ukraine?
That's what I call a range.
But isn't that a violation of your governmental regulations regarding keeping the drone in sight while flying?

If the topic does not suit you, it is enough not to comment and the problem is important. Because what, because the cruel murder of people is not directly related to it, it is good to sit in a warm house and worry only about the tip of the nose? Any place is good for sending a message about a problem. Nobody is neutral.
2022-3-18
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Poland

KMax Posted at 3-17 00:42
Because China thinks with its own head, and does not dance to the tune of the United States. Salo to the heroes!

Slava Ukraine
2022-3-18
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

Again, again and again... no changelog.

DJI, you are getting worse and worse with the updates and with the "changelogs", that's a big shame and you are losing day by day customers by just blocking customers choice about downgrade the firmware/apk and anything like that.

And about the changelog... you  are like politicians, you are telling us only what "We want to hear", I mean you tell us only "good things" in these "Changelogs" but not restrictions and anything related to be more restricted....

That's my first drone but the last for sure from DJI only for this 2cent "communication" between DJI and Customers.

I will don't update this bs firmware until I will be forced in a way or another... because it's a shame what they are doing with our money.
2022-3-18
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Who downvoted this???
2022-3-18
Use props
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

ALLAN_DEloir Posted at 3-18 02:57
Mini2 has no AEROSCOPE.

The MIni 2 CAN be tracked with AeroScope.

AeroScope is not something that is or isn't "in the drone". DJI created a technology that can monitor the communication between their RCs and their aircraft.

I posted a video in the thread "What is AeroScope" that shows a demonstration using two drones - a Mini 2 and an FPV.

That's why I have some skepticism about the supposed block of AeroScope in Ukraine... Unless the new firmware enables new encryption for Russian registered drones that AeroScope does not decrypt I cannot see how the reports make sense - unless I've misunderstood the reports.

BUT, the Mini 2 in general CAN be tracked with AeroScope.
2022-3-18
Use props
KMax
New

Russia

Yaros1 Posted at 3-18 06:32
Who downvoted this???

It's a Nazi slogan if you don't know.
2022-3-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

KMax Posted at 3-18 09:53

NOT hardly!!! Maybe you need to do a little more research!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_to_Ukraine
2022-3-18
Use props
usofly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399068 ft
Poland

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-18 10:09
NOT hardly!!! Maybe you need to do a little more research!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_to_Ukraine

Actually the link you posted kinda suggests that the statement is correct. You may wanna check the Stepan Bandera link in the article.
2022-3-18
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

That's not true!!
2022-3-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

usofly Posted at 3-18 10:38
Actually the link you posted kinda suggests that the statement is correct. You may wanna check the Stepan Bandera link in the article.

This usage is putin propoganda. Not even remotely related to Nazis!!
2022-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

On your bike idiot. We dont need any of Putrids propaganda around here. If thats what Vladdy told you and you swallowed it , your nothing but an idiot.
2022-3-18
Use props
DroneTinker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

something not good with this update. I am happy how it works. why bother? if it aint broken dont fix it.
2022-3-18
Use props
fans97d67f02
New
United States

DJI please please please do a firmware update on the mini 2 that’s has dlog, or dcine like….so many people have requested. It would be an amazing feature to have as someone who doesn’t currently have the means to buy more expensive drones…and is a hobbyist   
2022-3-18
Use props
fans97d67f02
New
United States

DJI please please please do a firmware update on the mini 2 that’s has dlog, or dcine like….so many people have requested. It would be an amazing feature to have as someone who doesn’t currently have the means to buy more expensive drones…and is a hobbyist   
2022-3-18
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

fans97d67f02 Posted at 3-18 15:36
DJI please please please do a firmware update on the mini 2 that’s has dlog

For sure they will don't because they will on Mini 3 so you will have another reason to upgrade your drone... just marketing, it's easy to add a DLOG option but this marketing... it's so messy
2022-3-18
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

Don't be a douche  bag, the below is from wiki. Stop spreading your BS propaganda here. We support Ukraine in its fight for freedom

Glory of Ukraine!
The first known mention of the slogan "Glory to Ukraine!" with the answer "Glory all around the earth!" (По всій землі слава) is associated with the environment of the Kharkiv Ukrainian student community of the late 19th – early 20th centuries.[1]
20th century[edit]
The phrase "Slava Ukraini!" (Glory to Ukraine!) first appeared in different military formations during the Ukrainian War of Independence (from 1917 to 1921).[14][failed verification] It became part of the lexicon of Ukrainian nationalists in the 1920s.[14][failed verification][nb 1]

UPA propaganda poster. OUN-UPA's formal greeting is written in Ukrainian on two of the horizontal lines: "Glory to Ukraine—Glory to (her) Heroes".
The modern response "Heroiam slava!" (Glory to the heroes!) appeared in the 1930s among members of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) and Ukrainian Insurgent Army (UPA) who started using this slogan[14] to commemorate veterans of the 1918 to 1921 Ukrainian-Soviet War, including leader of the OUN Yevhen Konovalets.  During World War II, Ukrainian nationalists often used it in addition to a roman salute. "Glory to the heroes!" was also used by the Kuban Cossacks during the same period.[17]

World War II-era monument in memory of UPA partisans with the inscription "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!", in place of the Janowa Dolina massacre, Bazaltove, Ukraine
In the late 1980s and early 1990s the slogan began to be heard at rallies and demonstrations.[14] After Ukraine declared independence in 1991, the phrase "Glory to Ukraine" became a common patriotic slogan. In 1995, President of the United States Bill Clinton used the phrase in his speech in Kyiv (together with "God bless America").[2]
21st century[edit]

A debit card from Ukraine's PrivatBank with the phrase and "Glory to the heroes" response
The phrase has undergone a resurgence in recent times, becoming a popular and prominent refrain during the 2014 Ukrainian revolution, and a symbol of democracy and of resistance against Putin's Russia following the Russian invasion of Ukraine.[18]
On 10 July 2018, Ukrainian supporters flooded the Facebook page of football governing body FIFA with over 158,000 comments, most saying "Glory to Ukraine", after FIFA fined Croatia's assistant coach for a video in which he used the same slogan after Croatia's World Cup victory. Russia alleged that the chant has ultra-nationalist connotations.[19] The Football Federation of Ukraine said in a statement that "'Glory to Ukraine' is a commonly used greeting in Ukraine ... (and) should not be interpreted as an act of aggression or provocation".[3]
2022-3-18
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

Because this i uninstall dji fly and use only litchi months algo...
2022-3-19
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Vergiliusz Posted at 3-18 04:36
If the topic does not suit you, it is enough not to comment and the problem is important. Because what, because the cruel murder of people is not directly related to it, it is good to sit in a warm house and worry only about the tip of the nose? Any place is good for sending a message about a problem. Nobody is neutral.

Hi Vergiliusz!

I strongly dislike political and propaganda matters penetrating into a peaceful environment, into a place it does not belong, where it causes more negative than beneficial outcomes. But of course you should get a reply, a very detailled one.

Quote: If the topic does not suit you, it is enough not to comment ...
Let me answer this with another, quite popular quote: "All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
I chose this quote because it serves a soothing function by making me AND you feel it helps the other understanding one's own point of view.
If two persons or two groups of persons are convinced of their point of view being the only legitimate and noble stance, getting into deeper arguments is a pure waste of time. Because the other does not want to be convinced.

Thus the intelligent way of handling such a situation would be doing nothing. Now read my quote again.
More on the topic of paradoxes to be found in "Gödel, Escher, Bach – An Eternal Golden Braid" by Douglas R. Hofstadter.

The definition of being right or wrong solely depends on the reader's point of view, like a glass being percepted as half-full or half-empty, like both parties of a war being confident of being on the good side of matters, fighting for a good cause, with the other party being the definition of evil. Who's gonna judge?

I've got a friend in Moscow, Maxim. And I've got a friend in Ukraine, Tatiana. Nice people, I like them very much, both of them, we know each other for many years. None of them have anything to do with politics. Their job and my job is a very peaceful one, we're communication experts helping people understand each other, helping to make people happy.

Now you tell me who should remain my friend and who should become my foe - just because people we all don't know at all decided to force their people into a war.
You know my answer: As long as a friend doesn't do any evil, he/she remains my friend.

If I would take a side, I would prove myself as a person who never understood the mechanisms of propaganda in a smaller or larger scale, making me a quite bad psychologist. And a person not deserving any friendship.

Thus we should follow a simple principle: Don't hate people who did nothing wrong. And don't make people hate other people who did nothing wrong.
Read the Bible, 3 Mose 19:18: "Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
This is to be found in the Old and in the New Testament: Matthew 22:39: "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Another quote, Hosea 8:7: "For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind."

I am no regligious person (but a person who finds some (!) principles of the Bible a worthy addition to people's life and perception), but both Russians and Ukrainians are Christians.
A final Bible quote, John 8:7: "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone [at her]."
Both parties aren't without sin, both keep on throwing stones. And both are convinced of their own cause being the only good one.
Is that a proper behavior? Of course not.

So answer me a simple question: Is it a good thing inflaming a forum, making friends turn against each other for the cause of others, of warmongers?
Just watch the reactions a simple propaganda post caused. People turning against other, trying to violate each other.
Is that the way of fostering peace and understanding?

You now understand my point of view and the background of my post.

I friendly invite you to continue this talk via private messages: Because a drone forum is not the right place for propagandistic intentions and sowing wind.

For - finally - coming to an end: Just ask the "Ukrainian drone operator" how the system could recognize his location as "Austria". Or just think about it.
2022-3-19
Use props
wghumes
lvl.1

Sweden

Nice update! My mini 2 and remote are now not talking. I have tried everything and DJI assistant 2 STILL does not see the mini 2. I really needed my drone, and now it WILL NOT CONNECT to the remote, These forum threads are many, and old, FIX THIS!
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wghumes@gmail.c Posted at 3-19 03:18
Nice update! My mini 2 and remote are now not talking. I have tried everything and DJI assistant 2 STILL does not see the mini 2. I really needed my drone, and now it WILL NOT CONNECT to the remote, These forum threads are many, and old, FIX THIS!

Have a search, even on YouTube for the manual syncing process, give that a go and report back

2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans97d67f02 Posted at 3-18 15:35
DJI please please please do a firmware update on the mini 2 that’s has dlog, or dcine like….so many people have requested. It would be an amazing feature to have as someone who doesn’t currently have the means to buy more expensive drones…and is a hobbyist

That would be great, but I think there is not enough computing power in this tiny drone.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-19 03:28
That would be great, but I think there is not enough computing power in this tiny drone.

You do realise is just a colour profile don’t you, it’s only 8bit video so no extra load on the mini 2 cpu
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-19 06:04
You do realise is just a colour profile don’t you, it’s only 8bit video so no extra load on the mini 2 cpu

I don’t both d-log and d-cine and added colour profile which is needed for d-log take computing power. How big do you think the CPU is in mini and considering everything else that is required I don’t think its coming . Maybe with Mini 3.
2022-3-19
Use props
Ground Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just use litchi app there you can set a flat color profile. Is not a real D-LOG, but better than nothing. Even DJI Fly accepts it after setting it in the litchi app.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJIAndrei
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906555 ft
Romania

Ground Pilot Posted at 3-19 09:32
Just use litchi app there you can set a flat color profile. Is not a real D-LOG, but better than nothing. Even DJI Fly accepts it after setting it in the litchi app.

How? Can you explain please?
2022-3-19
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

Install litchi, go to camera options and you can select saturación, contrast, etc etc and save the profile for your videos... Better than dji fly, of course...
2022-3-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 3-17 02:13
I am astonished about the range of DJI drones: You are in Austria and can still operate drones in Ukraine?
That's what I call a range.
But isn't that a violation of your governmental regulations regarding keeping the drone in sight while flying?

Proxy server
2022-3-19
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneBluffer wrote: "But you had made posts about software issues causing drones to fly away, wait what will you call that, the engineering term is "Software bugs" Stop being a Troll and an illiterate goat, and stop harassing people and get a Drone"

YES YOU DID MAKE A POST ABOUT FLYAWAYS SEE LINK
Yes i shouted because you keep saying you didnt when you did
2022-3-19
Use props
Ground Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJIAndrei Posted at 3-19 09:57
How? Can you explain please?

Take a look at the video starting at 11:15 min. There it is shown how to make it work in Litchi (The video is only in German).
2022-3-20
Use props
ozoffi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

It should be clear to everyone by now that an update always poses a risk because something might not work as expected afterwards (whether due to an error or intentionally)....
So if you are skeptical, you should just wait and read the reports ;)
By the way, I successfully installed the update and don't see any problems at first glance!
2022-3-20
Use props
nOxxxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

One technical question: is the new firmware dedicated to the old drone series 3 or does it also fit the newer 5?
2022-3-20
Use props
BrummieP4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383999 ft
United Kingdom

The video transmission on latest android app does not work on Samsung S22 Ultra either. Gutted and ruined latest flight. Android 12.

When recording to internal space then live video feed works but as soon as you hit record on the djifly app the image freezes and no live video feed, making it essentially useless.

All app permissions granted in android. Something is obviously up with this app. Do you have any betas to try dji??
2022-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules