New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)
50581 247 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Bashy Posted at 3-19 20:35
YES YOU DID MAKE A POST ABOUT FLYAWAYS SEE LINK
Yes i shouted because you keep saying you didnt when you did
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=247588

You're extremely childish, Bashy! But you already knew that! Just sayin' ...
2022-3-20
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

ozoffi Posted at 3-20 01:08
It should be clear to everyone by now that an update always poses a risk because something might not work as expected afterwards (whether due to an error or intentionally)....
So if you are skeptical, you should just wait and read the reports ;)
By the way, I successfully installed the update and don't see any problems at first glance!

so did I, after problems installing.

While installing, I suddenly got the error the aircraft was disconnected and should be reconnected. Restarting wasn't helping. My mini2 stayed disconnected from the controller.

So, one option to try out, ... assistent 2. That installed flawless the latest firmware and my drone connected again to the controller.
2022-3-20
Use props
djiuser_BjEcjH6s3GoI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42858 ft
India

I just dont understand DJI. India has been imposing a ban on drone import, so DJI will probably not be having a franchise in India. But still, DJI adhere to india restriction of 15m altitude for the mini drone. Even after India govt remove the 15m restriction, dji continue to implement this 15m restriction. And then this firmware update came, which was just to block the Drone Hacks software. After i crash this drone, i will never buy dji again
2022-3-21
Use props
Greg Sevior
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158570 ft
Australia

I updated today and nothing but issues since.   Takes heaps longer to find GPS satellites, and when it finally does and is flying, randomly loses GPS connection and twice went into atti mode and started floating away.

I have restarted several times.  have tried 3 compass calibrations all to no avail.  I have also recalibrated the IMU which does not seem to have helped.  This update has significant issues.   Any idea when it will be rolled back or correct.  I just don't feel it is safe to fly the drone in the current condition.   
Any suggestions or a rollback would be appreciated.
2022-3-21
Use props
ozoffi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55128 ft
Austria

I find it "interesting" how different the results are after the update!
Why do some have no problems and others wreck their drone with it?
2022-3-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 3-20 05:56
You're extremely childish, Bashy! But you already knew that! Just sayin' ...

Aw, bless ya cotton socks, im childish? yep, i agree, but at least i am not a childish liar, that i know of anyway ;)
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_70YRZz5tT3Go
New
Brazil

The radio control of my Mini2 simply does not connect to the cell phone, Samsung S10, after the update.
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_zjngOJnqzKmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236834 ft

Romania

a new problem with mavic mini 2. I bought the drone today I updated the software to the latest version and the gimbal comes out with that NOISE .
what is the problem? if I don't solve the problem in two weeks I will consider returning the product
youtu.be/t7AVm7Cgl6k
2022-3-22
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

hey melissa, can "dr david" cure our drones?
2022-3-22
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422969 ft
United States

2022-3-22
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

MELISSAJAMES Posted at 3-22 14:15
GREAT LOVE SPELL CASTER (DR. DAVID) THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP. TEXT OR ADD HIM UP ON WHATSAPP +1(203)-533-9214

Tell me, Melissa, aren't you completely clean in the head? are you totally stupid to write something like this here? What are u up to your idiotic love affairs?? Get the fuck out of here you idiot
you bitch!!
2022-3-22
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

ozoffi Posted at 3-21 22:54
I find it "interesting" how different the results are after the update!
Why do some have no problems and others wreck their drone with it?

circomstances!
What device is being used to update, it's OS version, even your internet connection.

There are a lot of different devices and brands with there specific versions of android or ios. They all can behave a little different.
I have been a software programmer for a long time. Depending on the OS of different devices, errors where stated differently. So I am not surpriced it is still the same with the variety of devices.
I see some people struggling with the internet connection and blaming DJI for the problem.
It is a complex device and when a certain setup doesn't work, try something different.
Using the app on my device seemed to give problems, so I used one if my pc's to upgrade with the assistent. In no time everything worked.
2022-3-22
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

About the GPS issues folks are having...
I have not updated and ain't gonna update, but i would not be so sure if the slow satellite connections are entirely because of the new firmware.
Lately i have had exceptionally slow satellite connections.  
Usually i have +10 satellites connected in less than 30sec but lately it takes few minutes to have +10 satellites. At the same spot.  

Could the Ukraine situation have something to do with this issue?
I know the ruskies are doing satellite jamming with some ground transmitters, but that would not explain all of the problems.
Mini 2 uses GPS + GLONASS + GALILEO satellites and GLONASS is the Russian one.
I was wondering if the GLONASS is shut down for some part of the world or if the ruskies have changed the transmitting frequency of that system for example only for their military use?
2022-3-23
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

Rockbyter Posted at 3-16 03:57
Update just done with no issues.  I have noticed a bit of sideways drift when hovering lately, is this normal?  I guess it is.

Check propellors
2022-3-23
Use props
GregT.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 445971 ft
Netherlands

Abel nt Posted at 3-19 00:16
Because this i uninstall dji fly and use only litchi months algo...

Can you connect and fly the drone without the original DJI Fly app?
I thought it didn't work and you always need to start DJI fly first to then start Litchi
2022-3-23
Use props
Abel nt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77398 ft
Spain

I do Not have dji fly installed, only litchi
2022-3-23
Use props
djiuser_bwYrh2omRaOD
New
Brazil

Después de la actualización que realicé el lunes, cuando enchufo el celular al control no lo reconoce. Alguna ayuda por favor?
Desinstale y volví a instalar la app pero sigue igual.
2022-3-23
Use props
Simon_
lvl.1

Germany

Can you add please the Spotlight Mode to DJI Mini 2. It should be posible because in Quickshot the Gimbal is also able to follow a object.
2022-3-24
Use props
flurbius
New
Flight distance : 11811 ft
Australia

Johnny_J Posted at 3-16 08:02
DroneBuffer wrote: "Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it"
Incredibly stupid comment, "sometimes"?
"Hey, I want to upgrade, can I get it without bugs?"

Probably just poor English nothing to get upset about. I took that to mean that sometimes updates fail {as they do}.
2022-3-24
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

HI, jist to let you know, I have a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, running Android 12, Dji Fly Version 1.5.10.1170 and updated to the latest firmware version 04.11.0000. I flew around over the past weekend and had zero problems. No issues with range or flight stability. I had no height fluctuations that some have talked about. I had no problems with signal or GPS. I was also able to acquire the satellites fairly quickly. Just to let others know.
2022-3-24
Use props
bendigo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521 ft
Poland

Just updated to new firmware using DJI Fly on iPhone iOS 15.4.
The update went ok, but after completion there was a warning of incompatible firmware which disappeared when I rebooted the drone and controller and closed and restarted the DJI Fly app.
I did a quick test to see how long it would take to get a fix on satellites and I don't see any significant difference. It took 30-40 seconds to get 10 satellites. Quick hovering test also didn't show anything unusual.
I hope I have time later today do more tests and also finally play with Litchi.
2022-3-24
Use props
djiuser_CEWKoeAjiYxJ
New

United Kingdom

Now I have an expensive brick.
Does not work on my Galaxcy note 10 us despite it being on the ok list.
What can be done???????
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_xQj5E1tgxTit
New

Germany

youtube.com/channel/UCpiiTcFWw94lv8keAkmUxBg
2022-3-25
Use props
otomek77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6819160 ft
Poland

I have both (MIni 2 and AIR 2S) and after firmware update I can see a significant difference if about GPS signal as fix is later....Now drons need 3-4 minutes to see the same number of satellites and previously it was 60-90 seconds...
Glonass not operate any more (blocked) or what in your opinion?
2022-3-25
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

otomek77 Posted at 3-25 04:25
Glonass not operate any more (blocked) or what in your opinion?

GLONASS what i have been suspecting also.
Not blocked by the new firmware, but some satellite shenanigans by the ruskies
2022-3-25
Use props
LazyMag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17818 ft
Denmark

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-16 00:26
If you connect to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC, you should be able to downgrade to the previous version, then try to upgrade again. Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it.

Only version 1.04 appears in my assistant 2 ??
2022-3-25
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

LazyMag Posted at 3-25 11:53
Only version 1.04 appears in my assistant 2 ??

Dji quietly put a anti-rollback on the new mini2 FW
2022-3-25
Use props
Goofus828
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120528 ft

United States

All I know is that with this set of updates, i cannot save pictures to my Android Tablet   here did that functionality go?
2022-3-25
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

I took the sim card out of the phone, turned off Wi-FI and also set it on Airplane mode.
Good luck trying to update the drone now DJI.

2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_KY5nst0fROWn
New

Italy

after latest update firmware ,now, the controller keep me asking for calibration but the left joystick won't go up and down. i have a dji mini2 combo edition .. can't be the controller broken since been always inside a bag .. any ideas ? any way to recover it by the software ?
thanks
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_zjngOJnqzKmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236834 ft

Romania

The problem persists. I'm going to return it. I'm worried that this gimbal makes that loud sound. Can the problem be solved?
2022-3-26
Use props
Tezeu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379928 ft
Romania

DaLyR Posted at 3-18 05:24
Again, again and again... no changelog.

DJI, you are getting worse and worse with the updates and with the "changelogs", that's a big shame and you are losing day by day customers by just blocking customers choice about downgrade the firmware/apk and anything like that.

It's the first and last drone bought from DJI. I bought it a month ago. I was very excited. Then the disaster with the new firmware. Now on the old routes where I had a full signal I have 2-3 signal bars and at 800 meters the problems already start, it disconnects. If I lift it high above me it loses its signal, before it was full. There are other problems such as: it is no longer fixed in the air, there are often wind warnings, the battery has the impression that it drops faster. But what bothers me the most is the loss of signal. I regret that I paid so much money for this disappointment

2022-3-26
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Well, are any of you DJI representatives going to respond to the posts regarding issues with the FW update?
Maybe provide a creative canned responses to appease your customers?
Or are you just going to continue to ignore them?

2022-3-26
Use props
Tezeu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 379928 ft
Romania

is not propellors. mine do the same thing after update.
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_pHsxlfwnB6e1
New
United Kingdom

Has anybody had a firmware update for just the battery, i have and when i try to update it, it gets to 70% then says update failed. I have just ignored it and the aircraft still fly's but not sure if i'm doing the right thing by ignoring it hmm? Thanks in advance.
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_BjEcjH6s3GoI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42858 ft
India

Dont buy DJI anymore. Go with Autel. DJI sucks
2022-3-26
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Today, the  FlySafe Database updated to 01.00.01.26.  I wonder if this FlySafe update is somehow related to the new firmware?
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_jN3LaBnINO9t
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9161358 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rJdXosFG0STp Posted at 3-15 23:52
Aircraft does no longer work after update. States that firmware version is wrong and asks to update. That, of course, does not work as it has just installed the latest version. Any chance to downgrade to get it back to work?

I had the same issue.  I updated 2 days ago and couldn't link the drone with the app. I try a few times and i got it to link but then ny drone started to make static sound and gimbal was moving by itself ( only when the drone was on the floor)  it didn't do it while flying.  Anyways i sent the drone for warranty
2022-3-26
Use props
djiuser_YuttNXWSqglr
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Apologies I have not read each and every comment in this chain ...my query could be a repeat of something already discussed....I started using my dji mini 2 again on 20th March after a few months and throught it would be good to upgrade the firmware and app version...After upgrade though I am able to fly the drone ok but see some issues:

1. Before flying the drone instead of Auto take off I see Auto Landing button ....drone is still on the ground
2. When i try to touch the screen to expand the map it does not allow
3. when trying to fly in strong winds there is no warning even when drone is drifting. I remember getting wind warnings in earlier app/firmware versions.

Has anyone else observed similar issues and if anyone could work out any solution to the same. Please share. Thanks.
2022-3-26
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

Waiting for Mini 3
2022-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules