New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)
50480 247 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trzcina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 458937 ft
Poland

Apparently, DJI decided to switch off lens correction when shooting above 30 FPS.. take a look, fresh tests from the field. Observe wavy and warped roof lines (edges)... only 30FPS modes are not deformed. 3x no to this FW.

2022-3-27
Use props
Pinarek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41191 ft

Germany

Absolutely right 100 times NO to this firmware !!!!!
I found a German YT video, if you understand German language here:
and this intelligent man also shows the many disadvantages of this 01.04.0000 firmware.
2022-3-27
Use props
bendigo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4521 ft
Poland

Trzcina Posted at 3-27 06:01
Apparently, DJI decided to switch off lens correction when shooting above 30 FPS.. take a look, fresh tests from the field. Observe wavy and warped roof lines (edges)... only 30FPS modes are not deformed. 3x no to this FW.

[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

This distortion in 2.7k resolution was present in previous firmwares as well.
2022-3-27
Use props
Paulh70
New
Flight distance : 147280 ft
United States

2 out 3 of batteries are failing to update with this new firmware - Is there a rollback firmware?
2022-3-27
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

I have NOT updated to this new firmware (and have no plans to), but others say the new firmware makes it impossible to roll back to earlier versions.

That shows utter contempt for customers.

Couple that with the complete lack of any official statement from DJI listing what has changed in the firmware (not new, as I understand it, they have always withheld these details)...not a good look.
2022-3-27
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

Burstmode Posted at 3-27 15:07
they have always withheld these details)...not a good look.

Just a good reason to don't buy any other DJI drone even if the drone itself it's ok but the Support it's the worst support I have ever seen
2022-3-27
Use props
MiroslawBagrowski
lvl.1
Flight distance : 264278 ft
United Kingdom

When DJI Fly App will be compatible with flagship smartphone from Samsung like S22 Ultra???
2022-3-28
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566804 ft
United States

All we can do now is hope that DJI will update again to working firmware. I have not updated mine,  but am afraid they will force the update soon. I love my Mini2 and it has been a gem as I travel on my motorcycle and do my vlogs but am now very worried about the future of this drone. I really do not have any budget to update it to anything else so they better fix this situation quickly.
BTW there is something going on lately with GPS lockin. My mini2 just outside my house used to lock in sattelites in a minute now it takes 2-4 minutes and I didn't upgrade firmware yet so there is probably some other reason for this.
2022-3-28
Use props
Jamie Williams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94626 ft
United Kingdom

Since the update iv been unable to take videos or any film action on phone camera freezes and once move had been completed doesn't show in album
2022-3-28
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Romania

ZOOF Posted at 3-28 12:30
All we can do now is hope that DJI will update again to working firmware. I have not updated mine,  but am afraid they will force the update soon. I love my Mini2 and it has been a gem as I travel on my motorcycle and do my vlogs but am now very worried about the future of this drone. I really do not have any budget to update it to anything else so they better fix this situation quickly.
BTW there is something going on lately with GPS lockin. My mini2 just outside my house used to lock in sattelites in a minute now it takes 2-4 minutes and I didn't upgrade firmware yet so there is probably some other reason for this.

Even if they will force us to update the firmware you just need to wait for a "gray/black" method just to bypass any "firmware force" because this is totally bs.

Anytime, anywhere for anything there will be a bypass, you just need to wait for the other people to make those methods public and of course they will not be able to force and preventing any bypass just to upgrade to this bs firmware.

I paid money for this drone because of the Occusync 2 and for long range capabilities but now if I'm making the stupid upgrade of the firmware I will not be able to fly even to 1-2km distance without any problem... that's just becoming something like a scam!
2022-3-28
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

DaLyR Posted at 3-28 15:21
Even if they will force us to update the firmware you just need to wait for a "gray/black" method just to bypass any "firmware force" because this is totally bs.

Anytime, anywhere for anything there will be a bypass, you just need to wait for the other people to make those methods public and of course they will not be able to force and preventing any bypass just to upgrade to this bs firmware.

I'm sure "grey/black" methods will not be available here.  Where does one hang out to find out about such things?
2022-3-28
Use props
djiuser_sGN8d147KYIP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25643 ft

Brazil

5.8ghz dont working with this firmware,

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=259568&pid=2705895&page=1&extra=&mobile=2#pid2705895
2022-3-28
Use props
dejavu69_cz
lvl.1
Czechia

Why did DJI do that? Was it an intention?
2022-3-29
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Romania

dejavu69_cz Posted at 3-29 10:19
Why did DJI do that? Was it an intention?

Could be related to the war or just about the waited "mini 3" so you will be "forced" to make an upgrade to the newer under 250g drone because the mini 2 will be unusable soon (marketing)
@Burstmode google/github/slack, just try to find anything related to dji bypasses drones and you will find some of them, I will don't make them public here ofc

2022-3-29
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
United States

I don’t think the performance problems were on purpose. Something went wrong and I am sure they will fix it. The security stuff in the other hand is absolutely on purpose and I am ok with that as I am not planning on hacking altitude limits or anything else.
2022-3-29
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

ZOOF Posted at 3-29 13:44
I don’t think the performance problems were on purpose. Something went wrong and I am sure they will fix it. The security stuff in the other hand is absolutely on purpose and I am ok with that as I am not planning on hacking altitude limits or anything else.

Where in the hell are the DJI representatives on this forum and why aren't they responding to all these questions?

Hey DJI Steven......
Put on your big boy pants and answer these questions.

2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_wKPekaIetttz
New

Australia

"Thanks installing the latest 1.0.4 update this will improve flight safety , increase transmission interference with the benefit of poor GPS reception .. " that's what the details of this FW should be.. I loved my mini 2 till now.. I could fly kilometres with out issue .. now 500 metres is a struggle with out connection dropping.     so DJI do we have a rollback , 1.0.4r based on 1.0.3 it work current version doesn't .. I don't want use it as its lost its enjoyment
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_wKPekaIetttz
New

Australia

djiuser_wKPekaIetttz Posted at 3-31 04:47
"Thanks installing the latest 1.0.4 update this will improve flight safety , increase transmission interference with the benefit of poor GPS reception .. " that's what the details of this FW should be.. I loved my mini 2 till now.. I could fly kilometres with out issue .. now 500 metres is a struggle with out connection dropping.     so DJI do we have a rollback , 1.0.4r based on 1.0.3 it work current version doesn't .. I don't want use it as its lost its enjoyment

sorry to hear some users now own a bricked device ..

beside bricking devices which worked very well prior ... there was a recent case of a smart microwave oven company who 1/2 bricked the units with an OTA update and now it thinks its a streamer lol there's an improvement ...

I have developed many devices over my 30yrs of electronic & computer engineering. one thing I have leant ... test test test test test test on multiple systems or this happens
2022-3-31
Use props
djiuser_77cQFXFoAlZp
New

India

I cannot able to fly beyond 15mtr altitude after the latest filmware update. Kindly resolve it as soon as possible.
Thank you
2022-3-31
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

I guess there's just ONE real issue with this firmware: Impossible to roll back to a previous version.

Let's be honest: Range and GPS problems are ALWAYS an issue, regardless of the firmware. Because range and GPS reception depend on countless different influencing factors.
I am a licenced radio amateur, highest licence class, I am also a GPS professional, been working for Magellan, Garmin, Groundspeak and several other big names. So I know a bit about such things.
And I know that many "issues" are just the result of environmental conditions, simple operating errors or lack of knowledge.
I GUESS (because I don't know for sure) that the present firmware is no worse than previous versions. But if it IS, rolling back is the only cure.
So that's the only but unforgivable mistake DJI made.
Let's concentrate on that issue, maybe with another poll for showing DJI we won't accept that. Maybe "Will you desert DJI and buy a different brand if you cannot roll back the firmware anymore?".

Get creative, guys! And always remember: More is better.
2022-3-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Landey Posted at 3-31 07:52
I guess there's just ONE real issue with this firmware: Impossible to roll back to a previous version.

Let's be honest: Range and GPS problems are ALWAYS an issue, regardless of the firmware. Because range and GPS reception depend on countless different influencing factors.

Wow, you seem to be trained and professional in so many things. From a Doctor to a GPS professional. Either you are MacGyver or a 140 years old and you also have the time to write the longest posts ever on this forum. Do you Cook.
2022-3-31
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 3-31 08:02
Wow, you seem to be trained and professional in so many things. From a Doctor to a GPS professional. Either you are MacGyver or a 140 years old and you also have the time to write the longest posts ever on this forum. Do you Cook.

As usual, my dear friend: Why do keep on excreting untrue statements?
Show me where I said I am a doctor.

And yes, I cook. A little bit Italian, some Thai and Chinese cuisine. And my burgers are legendary.
Craving for a meal invitation? You're welcome.
2022-3-31
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

HI, just to let you know, I have a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, running Android 12, Dji Fly Version 1.5.10.1170 and updated to the latest firmware version 04.11.0000. I flew around over the past weekend and had zero problems. No issues with range or flight stability. I had no height fluctuations that some have talked about. I had no problems with signal or GPS. I was also able to acquire the satellites fairly quickly. Just to let others know.

I went out today and flew w/o issue to 9500ft away and most of the flight was at about 150ft up (never gone this far before but wanted to test this firmware issue out). Only towards the end I did start getting yellow bars so I went up to 250ft and they went back to white. I could have gone more but figured that was enough. Odd how this seems to effect some but not others. Just want to post this to let others know, it's not an across the board issue.
2022-4-1
Use props
dejavu69_cz
lvl.1
Czechia

2022-4-2
Use props
KrissKross
lvl.1

France

This New Firmware is absolutly inacceptable.
2022-4-2
Use props
March411
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217 ft
United States

KrissKross Posted at 4-2 12:23
This New Firmware is absolutly inacceptable.

Agreed, I lot of pilots are having connection issues and slow connections to satellites.  

Several reviewers on youtube talking about it.

What did you do DJI? Version for the Mini 2 firmware v1.04.0000 has created problems for a bunch of your consumers. Will you be replacing all the flyaways when we have disconnection issues?

2022-4-2
Use props
dejavu69_cz
lvl.1
Czechia

Reaction DJI:

2022-4-2
Use props
djiuser_9J3FZnpYKypj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161348 ft
Saint Lucia

Since the upgrade, the connection between drone and flight controller has been very unstable. Heights of 50 ft and above Would cause the drone to disconnect and reconnect often. While connecting with full bars the signal would suddenly drop to 2 bars, back to full then drop out completely.

Need this resolved ASAP.
2022-4-3
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

If nothing else, hopefully DJI will not force 1.04 due to so many reported problems...  

I will stay on 1.03 until it is forced.
2022-4-4
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

I really can't understand why there has been no response from DJI!  Even just a "sorry we cocked up on this but will resolve it."  I too have now seen a few low signal warnings, thought it was because I was near railway lines with overhead pantograph systems but now I am wondering if it is a result of the firmware.
2022-4-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 4-4 03:17
I really can't understand why there has been no response from DJI!  Even just a "sorry we cocked up on this but will resolve it."  I too have now seen a few low signal warnings, thought it was because I was near railway lines with overhead pantograph systems but now I am wondering if it is a result of the firmware.

DJI is probably pretty busy with the new product releases.   Although I am inclined to believe that there is fire where there is smoke, there doesn't appear to be any empirical evidence that can be reproduced demonstrating that 1.04 is faulty.  I suspect that the new firmware has made some combination of geographic area and mobile device (also possibly different internal hardware versions of Mini 2 components we may not be aware of) Mini 2's unstable.  DJI is likely gathering data and if there is an issue, hopefully will resolve it.  And, as I say, hopefully aware of these possible issues so will not force the update.

Let's face it - with everything going on, the Mini 2 user base is unfortunately not significant enough to demand attention right now.
2022-4-4
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
United States

Mini2 user base is huge so it should be very important to DJI. More Mini2 sold then any other of their models by far.
2022-4-4
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Rockbyter Posted at 4-4 03:17

DJI Steven would be instantly transferred to DJI's Top Ramen division if he would dare post that there are actual issues with the current firmware.
2022-4-4
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Be a simple fix surely, just issue firmware 1.03 as an update called 1.05 so in effect downgrading without admitting anything.
2022-4-4
Use props
Catus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 634344 ft
United Kingdom

Is there a change log
2022-4-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Catus Posted at 4-4 14:33
Is there a change log

No.  Unless you interpret "Optimized Flight Safety" as a change log.  

That's half the reason people are upset, and really only serves to further speculation and rumor because it explicitly does not  identify what changed, leading every little issue to become possible conspiracy.

DJI would have been better served to simply say "Locks firmware to prevent downgrading", which is probably fairly accurate.
2022-4-5
Use props
Tit31
New

France

It may just be a satellite problem related to the Ukrainian conflict with modifications made by their Russian friends. And since the communication is locked in China, they simply cannot tell.
2022-4-6
Use props
cplenny
New
United States

dji_MODDER Posted at 3-16 01:19
my mini2 has  an optimized flight safety long time ago ....

That's how I see it. Too bad I was drunk when I purchased the Mini 2 exclusively to use to gather data to generate 3D/topographical maps of land then spent the entire return period checked into rehab... a few days away from one year sober though, I was a mess! Now I am a sober mess... or something.
2022-4-6
Use props
March411
lvl.2
Flight distance : 217 ft
United States

cplenny Posted at 4-6 05:53
That's how I see it. Too bad I was drunk when I purchased the Mini 2 exclusively to use to gather data to generate 3D/topographical maps of land then spent the entire return period checked into rehab... a few days away from one year sober though, I was a mess! Now I am a sober mess... or something.

Nicely done, a year under your belt.

I know it isn't easy....congrats!
2022-4-6
Use props
lakeguy55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45892 ft
United States

I am a new drone pilot, probably fewer than a dozen flights under my belt at this point.  I'm having a problem with my Mini 2 not holding altitude. I was flying yesterday and if I just hovered, I could watch it slowly drop a foot at a time until I had to stick up before it crashed.  This did not seem to be a problem before I upgraded the firmware. I live on a lake and the drone was over the water at the time if that matters. Water was calm and flat at the time.

On a related note, when I tried to land, I kept getting the error that the area was unsafe to land and the landing was cancelled.  This happened multiple times before I was able to land.  This despite the landing zone being one of those circular landing pads on a flat deck. Also firmware?

I've also experienced the lost signal issue others have mentioned, even when the drone is relatively close.
None of these issues seemed as bad before the firmware upgrade but I can't say I've had enough experience to say that definitively.

(PS: I haven't been able to find this anywhere on the site so will, probably incorrectly, ask here. Does this forum have a way to set forums as read so that next time I visit I can go direct to new posts in a thread?

Thanks
2022-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules