New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)
50555 247 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azrul Azmi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 978261 ft
Malaysia

i get less range after update
2022-4-7
Use props
Kawana
New
Flight distance : 168743 ft
Indonesia

Someone else still having the problem with the EV Lock ?
I already set it to ne Fn button but its still shifting.
I also deinstalled the App and reinstalled but still not working.
Anyone can help me?
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_zb1ukJ9SBI5P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 748875 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know if their was a battery firmware update with the latest 1.04.00 update
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_UvjqHfbqcMSh
New

India

Nidge Posted at 3-16 01:16
Call me paranoid but I feel this latest update is similar to the update released for the FPV drone a few days ago, in that the only edit made blocks any option to rollback the firmware and blocks the use of FCC hacks for those of us in CE regions.

You are so damn right, infact they introduced new bugs and added a flag to firmware so you can’t go back to a good working version, they want you to be at mercy of them
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_UvjqHfbqcMSh
New

India

is DJI a chinese company,Even if they are not,  I so want them to be one so that India bans them and they loose a big chunk of business, anyways they are bothering and treating their customers well, they take them for granted. With what they are doing with indian customers, I don’t mind mind my 1000$ going to waste if government of India bans them once and for all, probably they will learn a lesson and I will find peace in it.
2022-4-8
Use props
djiuser_t5SOg9GUF4oT
New

United States

Can you fix the fly application please
2022-4-8
Use props
Startup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 129472 ft
United States

I am unable to install the DJI Fly software.  I can download it but when I try to install it I get a App not installed message
2022-4-9
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

DJI,
Still waiting for the firmware that makes the Galaxy s22 ultra compatible.
Do I have to sell the drone or can I soon use it again?
Screen freezes filming 4k
2022-4-10
Use props
robpri
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635066 ft
South Africa

Azrul Azmi Posted at 4-7 08:42
i get less range after update

Me too. One major difference I have noted since the firmware update
2022-4-11
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Does anyone know if 3rd Party apps like Maven, Litchi etc eliminate the possibility of forcing firmware updates?  I've never used a 3rd Party app, but it looks like they communicate directly with the controller, skipping any communication with the mothership DJI...
2022-4-11
Use props
Vapormatt
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have used my mini 2 for the last year nearly, but since this firmware update it has become unstable and loses altitude for no reason. its range is shorter and basically since this so called firmware upgrade has been the worse its been since purchasing new.

you cant even roll back to the previous firmware which worked perfectly well. I have no idea what DJI are thinking with this firmware but its put me right off buying another DJI drone. Also have an air2s which now seems to take ages getting sat's and again range reduced yet again.

So DJI perhaps you can respond with reasons as to why both firmware updates have made my drones worse? I thought the whole idea was to improve them.
2022-4-11
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

I've been thinking recently that it is entirely feasible that "improved flight safety" might very well have something to do with quantity and quality of GPS signals, and the new firmware has increased requirements which takes longer to sync.  And somehow also introduced a bug that had the opposite effect on flying stability...
2022-4-11
Use props
Vapormatt
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Flight safety is one thing, but not when your hovering above ground and the drone just goes down on its own, what happens if you have RTH and the drone loses altitude on its own with a crash. i dont see improved flight safety at all, it makes flying very unsafe and likely with a crash. Main thing is why block earlier firmware versions that worked perfectly well, with good stability to this rubbish firmware that's worse.

and whats even more alarming is that no DJI representative even bothers to comment on this current firmware. IE: reasons for update? what are they? why block previous versions? why do both my drones fly worse than ever now after these updates?  do they even care?

real bad customer care if you ask me, nearly a month and no comments from DJI at all.
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_qiixAdSh4hFQ
New

United States

May be wrong forum placement.  Got my mini 2 out this weekend to do an event and dji fly didn't work.  Downloaded again a couple of times and wouldn't even open.  Nothing.  Called customer support and they said the only suggestion they could make was to get a new phone.  Can't believe that.  Samsung Galaxie note 10....  Anyone else running into this issue?
2022-4-11
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

Many people claim to have no issues after the upgrade. If posters would include in their rants details about what device they are using it is possible that a pattern of what works and what doesn't work could be developed.

IMHO it would be great if device details were required on posts regarding issues/complaints etc.
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_kBUsDWVBiwua
lvl.2

Canada

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-16 00:26
If you connect to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC, you should be able to downgrade to the previous version, then try to upgrade again. Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it.

when on assistance 2 you can only download the log, any help here?
2022-4-11
Use props
djiuser_9J3FZnpYKypj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161348 ft
Saint Lucia

Hey guys what I found out today is that the firmware messed with the transmission portion of the drone/rc. It’s not automatically switching from 5ghz to 2.4g when it reaches its threshold.
Workaround: Set your RC under “Transmission” to 2.4 and auto mode. Let me know if that worked for you also. I hope DJI can fix the auto frequency switching function.
2022-4-12
Use props
djiuser_9J3FZnpYKypj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161348 ft
Saint Lucia

robpri Posted at 4-11 01:53
Me too. One major difference I have noted since the firmware update

Hey. Set your “Transmission” to 2.4 Auto mode. Let me know if that helps until DJI fixes the dual band functionality.
2022-4-12
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Updated to the latest spy technology!
2022-4-13
Use props
Deppoldshasser
New

Spain

Is there a full change log to what has been changed exactly, or atleast to what has been improved about flight safety?
2022-4-13
Use props
djiuser_1eJoG8z1lvH8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 455571 ft
Philippines

after the update on controller and to the drone.. problem occurs.. 1st battery stops at 70% and 2nd, drone signal significantly lowered. i cant even fly  like 50m or more it loss signal totally..
i almost lost my drone on my 1st flight after the update last week.. i have no problem just before the update..i tried using dji assistant 2 but only 1 firmware is available which is the current version..how can i downgrade to previous firmware please help. it really not safe to fly anymore..
i tested to fly with 2.4ghz transmission, its more stable that in dual band.. but distance is not good compare to previous version i have reached 1000+m with no problem.. now after upgrade max 100m distanca and started to loss signal and its very hard to reconnect
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-LEO
lvl.1
Philippines

djiuser_9J3FZnpYKypj Posted at 4-12 05:46
Hey guys what I found out today is that the firmware messed with the transmission portion of the drone/rc. It’s not automatically switching from 5ghz to 2.4g when it reaches its threshold.
Workaround: Set your RC under “Transmission” to 2.4 and auto mode. Let me know if that worked for you also. I hope DJI can fix the auto frequency switching function.

i did same thing..since last week.. i set 2.4ghz and auto or sometimes manual at 10mhz channel width..it works but not long distance as before
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-LEO
lvl.1
Philippines

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-16 00:26
If you connect to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC, you should be able to downgrade to the previous version, then try to upgrade again. Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it.

i tried this option but there is now older version available on the list.. we can only see the current version..
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-LEO
lvl.1
Philippines

DaLyR Posted at 3-27 17:09
Just a good reason to don't buy any other DJI drone even if the drone itself it's ok but the Support it's the worst support I have ever seen

you are right. i thought that they are active in customers support, i am wrong
2022-4-13
Use props
DJI-LEO
lvl.1
Philippines

djiuser_wKPekaIetttz Posted at 3-31 04:47
"Thanks installing the latest 1.0.4 update this will improve flight safety , increase transmission interference with the benefit of poor GPS reception .. " that's what the details of this FW should be.. I loved my mini 2 till now.. I could fly kilometres with out issue .. now 500 metres is a struggle with out connection dropping.     so DJI do we have a rollback , 1.0.4r based on 1.0.3 it work current version doesn't .. I don't want use it as its lost its enjoyment

same thing here..it is totally useless
2022-4-13
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI-LEO Posted at 4-13 09:37
i tried this option but there is now older version available on the list.. we can only see the current version..

The new Mini 2 FW has a anti-rollback in it. Dji sneaked this in quietly which is frustrating and they should let customers know so we have the choice to upgrade or not.
2022-4-13
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

#DroneTech Posted at 4-13 11:03
The new Mini 2 FW has a anti-rollback in it. Dji sneaked this in quietly which is frustrating and they should let customers know so we have the choice to upgrade or not.

They just want you to buy the Mini 3...
2022-4-13
Use props
jezz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422969 ft
United States

If you can live without the DJI Fly app just delete it and run one of the other  numerous  programs/apps .Most of them are much more phone friendly anyways. Rainbow,Drone VR +,Maven,Litchi plus a bunch more. I deleted the DJI Fly app from my phone and have been using other apps. I got sick and tired of DJI bricking MY Drones. Their usual reply is "Please use DJI Fly app, proper function cannot be gauranteed using other apps". Well, apparently they can't guarantee the DJI app either. Mini 2 was the second DJI drone I've owned and will definately be the last.
2022-4-13
Use props
djiuser_2yCneOhEBjG6
New

Cyprus

Following the update, as soon as I record, the image on the app freezes, and only resumes once you stop recording... Also, lost connection to RC but luckily was able to land the drone. HOW CAN YOU RELEASE AN UPDATE WITH SUCH CRITICAL BUGS?!

Nearly had a heart attack...
2022-4-13
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DaLyR Posted at 4-13 13:46
They just want you to buy the Mini 3...

Marketing strategy
2022-4-13
Use props
Faster1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77940 ft
United States

This new FW is plagued of glitches. I could think that any software company could make some mistakes and that's acceptable. What is NOT ACCEPTABLE is making those mistakes irreversible. The antirollback was programed on purpose by DJI. That's what makes them irresponsible and careless to their costumers. This is UNFORGIVABLE.
2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

jezz Posted at 4-13 14:07
If you can live without the DJI Fly app just delete it and run one of the other  numerous  programs/apps .Most of them are much more phone friendly anyways. Rainbow,Drone VR +,Maven,Litchi plus a bunch more. I deleted the DJI Fly app from my phone and have been using other apps. I got sick and tired of DJI bricking MY Drones. Their usual reply is "Please use DJI Fly app, proper function cannot be gauranteed using other apps". Well, apparently they can't guarantee the DJI app either. Mini 2 was the second DJI drone I've owned and will definately be the last.

I've often wondered how that works and if using a 3rd party app insulates you from having to update firmware etc...   I've been looking through the SDK documentation and was surprised to see that the FlySafe database is a required component of any app.   I suspect that most people install the Fly app when they get their drone, which means it's already installed by the time they use another app...  Is DJI Fly required for the operation of 3rd party apps?  I think the Fly app is the only way to pair drones to a controller and it would not surprise me to discover that somehow or some way DJI could dictate FW even with 3rd party apps under the auspice of "Safety Liability".

For example - DroneDeploy includes the following warning:

"Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to fly with the DroneDeploy app in NFZs due to technical limitations with DJI's Software Development Kit (SDK), which DroneDeploy is built on."

All that said, I purchased Maven for my Mini 2 and it's been amazing so far!  It's just as easy to use as the Fly app but offers a LOT more functionality - the gps tracking in particular works very well and has no problem if you get obscured by trees etc.  Easily worth the $18 price tag.  Also I'm trying to avoid the 1.04 firmware update lol..  When you've been around tech for a long time, you learn not to rush into FW updates unless they are absolutely necessary.  

The 1.04 is particularly sneaky in it's removal of version rollback abilities.  This might make 1.03 FW Mini's worth more on the used market ;-)

2022-4-14
Use props
ZOOF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 566804 ft
United States

I don't think it's in the FLY app thats the problem..its the firmware that did the changes. So for those of you using the other apps and getting good results can you share if you updated the FW as well or just used whatever you had when you switched to the new app?
2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

ZOOF Posted at 4-14 05:23
I don't think it's in the FLY app thats the problem..its the firmware that did the changes. So for those of you using the other apps and getting good results can you share if you updated the FW as well or just used whatever you had when you switched to the new app?

I agree it's definitely the FW that is causing the issues being reported.  It likely does not matter what app is being used, though I am also curious to see what the answer to that question is.  However, I suspect that only a minority of users here use 3rd party controller apps...

My bigger question is whether 3rd party apps ever mention FW updates or mandate they be installed?  Even though I am using Maven recently, the Fly app opened when I connected my Mini 2 yesterday and I got a message about the 1.04 firmware...   I disregarded that message, closed the Fly app and opened Maven - which never showed anything about the FW.  Still, I do know the SDK has some required code that might check for FW updates in any app, DJI or 3rd party... DJI seems pretty rigid on the "Safety / Liability" topic.
2022-4-14
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

I have the very strong feeling that Cinema-speed is far higher then it used to be. For Cinema, Normal and Sport mode I turned down pitch speed and yaw rotation speed to min and pitch and yaw smoothness to max and they all respond correspondingly. But Cinema-Speed is way to high and that ruines my footage. Before this/these updates I could control it smoothly, but not anymore. Anyone ?
2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

You certainly have more experience than I, but in researching the Mini 2 prior to purchasing it I noted many people complaining about this issue right after launch.  Didn’t DJI rename the Tripod mode to Cini with the Mini 2?  I don’t think this change is recent - it seems to have been this way for a while.
When they renamed the settings, they also appear to have changed the speeds.  I could be completely wrong, but I know this has been a hot topic prior to my entry into the Mini 2 world.
2022-4-14
Use props
Jamie Williams
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94626 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone help. Since last update, dji mini 2 won't record or do drone shots. It will only let me take pictures. It just freezes.
2022-4-14
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

TomKatt Posted at 4-14 13:01
You certainly have more experience than I, but in researching the Mini 2 prior to purchasing it I noted many people complaining about this issue right after launch.  Didn’t DJI rename the Tripod mode to Cini with the Mini 2?  I don’t think this change is recent - it seems to have been this way for a while.
When they renamed the settings, they also appear to have changed the speeds.  I could be completely wrong, but I know this has been a hot topic prior to my entry into the Mini 2 world.

I had a very smooth and slow (almost perfect) Cinema-mode with my Mini 2 from december 2020 until march 2022. I even fly without joysticks which makes (made) for extra smooth handling. The adjustable speedsettings (curves) for normal and sport modes where there also already (since january or so). Then I had to send the drone in for a repair, got a brand new one instead and was forced to update all soft- and firmware. The change in Cinema-speed happened to me per this update(s) in march, not before.
2022-4-14
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Portugal

TomKatt Posted at 4-14 13:01

I had a very smooth and slow (almost perfect) Cinema-mode with my Mini 2 from december 2020 until march 2022. I even fly without joysticks which makes (made) for extra smooth handling. The adjustable speedsettings (curves) for normal and sport modes where there also already (since january or so, there is no cinema speedcurve however). Then I had to send the drone in for a repair, got a brand new one returned and was then forced to update all soft- and firmware. The change in Cinema-speed happened to me per this update(s) in march, not before.

2022-4-14
Use props
Strangedays
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I bought my mini 2 a few months ago.  I used to own the original mini and missed it.  One of the selling points was the increased range. Its a real shame - I havent updated the firmware though, but if it forces me to I will sell it and will avoid DJI in the future.  I thought I would come here and see some poisitive interaction from DJI but it seems like they have vanished and are excited to be flogging bits of plastic at us at our expense and laughing to the bank.

At least mine still works and the range is ok.  I realise new drones are being released, but these companies (apple is getting like this to some degree) are forcing into upgrading stuff after only just buying a product from them.  Its becoming frustrating and might put others of drones becuase of their treatment of customers.
I am seeing a lot of companies though selling shoddy stuff, well marketed on Youtube and then just providing poor support after.  I think after Covid the quality we used to have has dropped for everyone.  I think though the prices are too high when support is this bad.
2022-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules