New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)
50539 247 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Wilfried5719 Posted at 4-14 13:28
...Then I had to send the drone in for a repair, got a brand new one instead and was forced to update all soft- and firmware. ...

Bah - you just made me realize that no matter how hard I try to keep my Mini 2 from upgrading to 1.04, I'm almost guaranteed to get back a 1.04 drone from Care Refresh if I require repair...

That's depressing... Perhaps by then DJI will have sorted this out...
2022-4-15
Use props
Wilfried5719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 105285 ft
Portugal

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 02:38
Bah - you just made me realize that no matter how hard I try to keep my Mini 2 from upgrading to 1.04, I'm almost guaranteed to get back a 1.04 drone from Care Refresh if I require repair...

Yes, the end of your app is near since (ie tomorrow haha) you can't avoid updates. It would be very easy to force you to accept that "now" by disabling the app you now use. Rumours are V1.99 will be released soonest . Guarantee is one thing but actually it's all about Active support.

2022-4-15
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 02:38

Very interesting I just got my replacement Mini 2 yesterday and went flying today with nothing out of the ordinary. By the way, I am using a Galaxy Note 9 which happens to be the only Samsung 9 series phone which is still on the approved list.

I had downloaded 1.5 a while ago but never installed it. When I saw this post I decided to check and lo and behold, after activating the new drone it updated without any input from or notice to me. The good news is that it seems to be working fine. I've got my fingers crossed.
2022-4-15
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

fans5fad8194 Posted at 4-15 07:59
Very interesting I just got my replacement Mini 2 yesterday and went flying today with nothing out of the ordinary. By the way, I am using a Galaxy Note 9 which happens to be the only Samsung 9 series phone which is still on the approved list.

I had downloaded 1.5 a while ago but never installed it. When I saw this post I decided to check and lo and behold, after activating the new drone it updated without any input from or notice to me. The good news is that it seems to be working fine. I've got my fingers crossed.

There hasn't been any actual empirical evidence that the 1.04 FW is in fact flawed.  With such a large mix of user hardware environments, it can be very difficult to determine what specific combination of user devices might lead to any issues.

It's also interesting to note that I've seen several complaint posts when 1.03 came out...  Yet 1.03 seems fine for most everybody...

I'm hoping that if the time comes, I will not have issues.  Most of this boils down to DJI not being transparent about what exactly 1.04 does - where there is obscurity, there is doubt.
2022-4-15
Use props
fans5fad8194
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8320997 ft
United States

fans5fad8194 Posted at 4-15 07:59

CORRECTION. Pleaase excuse my carelessness. I confused the Mini 2 Firmware with the DJI Fly app. The replacement drone that I just received came with FW version 1.03.061. I have not yet received any messages about updating and I hope to keep it that way for now.
2022-4-15
Use props
djiuser_rE6nLmLqi25D
New
Flight distance : 36791 ft

Spain

El Mini 2 me pide actualizar firmware de 2 baterías y no pasa del 70%, se queda sin poder hacerlo. Tiene solución?
2022-4-16
Use props
DJI-LEO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 455571 ft
Philippines

#DroneTech Posted at 4-13 11:03
The new Mini 2 FW has a anti-rollback in it. Dji sneaked this in quietly which is frustrating and they should let customers know so we have the choice to upgrade or not.

so the only option is to buy the new upgrade drone... and junk this mini2...
it can be use using manual transmission of 2.4ghz.. but at shorter range ..
its just like mini 1
2022-4-16
Use props
#DroneTech
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI-LEO Posted at 4-16 22:45
so the only option is to buy the new upgrade drone... and junk this mini2...
it can be use using manual transmission of 2.4ghz.. but at shorter range ..
its just like mini 1

I’m not sure but I think Drone Hacks works on Mini2 or you can use the FCC app which works great from drone tweaks which I use
2022-4-17
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

Has anyone tried if the patch style FCC hack still works with the new firmware?
2022-4-17
Use props
Pieren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1265938 ft
France

Hi guys

Question about this firmware version, I did the update and si far no issue except the AE lock doesn’t work
But even with my bird updated DJI Fly proposes me an update (see screenshot below) is there a corrective fw with the same version number ?.. am I alone having this ?

7A76EF64-EC40-460D-AE27-A921F79D3A21.jpeg
2022-4-23
Use props
Alexandru225
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067982 ft
Romania

After the upgrade, the drone loses the signal much faster than before. Has anyone happened to that?
2022-4-24
Use props
Terrisen1
New

United States

Nidge Posted at 3-16 01:16
Call me paranoid but I feel this latest update is similar to the update released for the FPV drone a few days ago, in that the only edit made blocks any option to rollback the firmware and blocks the use of FCC hacks for those of us in CE regions.

You are 100 percent correct. In short, DJI is just as communist as China itself. I’m done with Dji
2022-4-24
Use props
Terrisen1
New

United States

DrS79 Posted at 3-16 21:35
I work as a drone operator for the Ukrainian army and can't use Areoscope anymore. I first thought it is the firmware but now I read that DJI is _deliberately_ disabling it for Ukrainian operators, but still enabling the usage for Russian operators. Why? Our people are dying here!

[view_image]

DJI is communist, they need their asses shut down
2022-4-24
Use props
fansb9c14c9f
lvl.1

China

DJI is a SOB of Russia
2022-4-26
Use props
CarlosH07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 917802 ft
Costa Rica

Hi, after new firmware upgrade, the drone won't take off, it says,  Unable to take ff (code: 30064) appear to be somethign with batteries since I face initially the issue where the battery SN won't appear, now, it appear but still, unable to take off, any suggestion ??
2022-4-26
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

I find the comments about DJI being communist etc quite amusing.   Are you shocked?  Was this previously unknown to you?

I hate to break it to people, but every single major company in China is associated with the communist party.  That's just how it works.  It's been that way for a long, long time.  

You might consider avoiding Walmart, Harbor Freight and virtually every other major retailer worldwide - they're FULL of communist products.  Even your mobile phone (and the network it runs on) is communist.
2022-4-27
Use props
djiuser_C0PC6lnmhLZl
New

Sweden

Anyone got the problem that the video feed stops once you hit record?
2022-4-28
Use props
Daannie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123481 ft
Netherlands

Firmware NOT compatible on Galaxy S22 Ultra. Screen still freezes at 4k 25 fps and 30 fps only 24 fps does not freeze the screen. I am looking for the mini 3 pro, but if DJI works like this I have to look for the competence.
2022-5-1
Use props
Gregotec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 816434 ft
Brazil

Aqui tudo atualizado sinal de satelites e rc no litchi melhor que djifly
litchi

Djifly
2022-5-2
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

I just bought a Mini 2 and while setting it up and activating it, this new firmware was recommended and I am certainly glad that I did not install it after reading most of this thread.
2022-5-4
Use props
Lolplayer
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I also update the drone to 1.04.000 and i have the all the problems submit from others users gps signal lock time insure much more like 120-180seconds wich 5  procent from the battery is down before i go fly and when i was on the old update 1.03.000 the gps lock signal was 5 to 10 seconds and i go fly other problem is after the update 1.03.000 i can to fly 1 kilometer without a signal bar left or any warning from the signal.. and now from the update 1.04.000 when i reach 500m the signal drop and the drone is starting to come back himself and the screen go black n then its come back but is very dangerous when u go fly on outside you can go home without the drone... i just want to warn you NEVER UPDATE TO 1.04.000 FIRMWARE im 10000% the government forced DJI to lower the power on the Dji Mini 2  because Ukrainian pilots use it to fly in Russian base.. So i fly it almost 2  years and i know how the drone works and now how works after this ...tty update. + Can't reroll the previous firmware from the Dji Assist program
2022-5-8
Use props
Geeforce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30128 ft
Netherlands

After a month still nothing from DJI? Glad I still didn't update.
2022-5-11
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Been in email contact with DJI back and forth, all I get is return the drone for inspection and bug fixes..  What bugs?  Do they then acknowledge there is a problem?

Quote: "We regret to tell you that the firmware downgrading is not supported for DJI Mini 2 v01.04.0000. Hence, as advised by our engineer, we would like to recommend you send your device for further checking as we are unable to confirm the cause of the issue. That way we are able to determine the cause of this issue and resolve it accordingly either by repairing it or fixing the bugs in the firmware."
2022-5-12
Use props
cane2205
lvl.2

Austria

Regards to all.
Does anyone know if DJI is working on new updates for DJI Mini 2?
It wouldn't be bad if Dji came out with at least some information for us Mini 2 users.
2022-5-14
Use props
DaLyR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1105322 ft
Romania

cane2205 Posted at 5-14 06:08
Regards to all.
Does anyone know if DJI is working on new updates for DJI Mini 2?
It wouldn't be bad if Dji came out with at least some information for us Mini 2 users.

They don't give 2 cent on Mini 2 users, they care about Mini 3 right now so 0 chance about "fixing" anything sadly...
2022-5-16
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Yes, even acknowledgement would be nice, that there are issues.
I think it's just to easy to say, you're using the wrong phone/tablet etc ... they should be working to make all capable devices coordinate with the app.
It's obvious some devices they don't list, work ... so why are they not being complete ...?

2022-5-16
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

This was latest reply so nothing being done about it, guess just another expensive 2 month old paper weight.

1.        The firmware address for optimized flight safety by updating the firmware version
2.        The main factors affecting image transmission include signal transmission power, signal attenuation, signal obstruction, and electromagnetic interference.
If the user is already flying in an open and interference-free environment and the connection is disconnected when the RC and drone are at a distance of a few meters, try to change the environment to test, multiple environments are the same, You can send back the drone for checking and repair.
3.        We would require you to check and send the screen recording showing the operation and issue of firmware downgrade and also send  us the Flight Controller Aircraft Data as per below :

I mean just look at it?  If already flying in an ideal area, try another ideal area and see if it changes.  What a load of bull.
2022-5-16
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730026 ft
  • >>>
United States

DrS79 Posted at 3-16 21:35
I work as a drone operator for the Ukrainian army and can't use Areoscope anymore. I first thought it is the firmware but now I read that DJI is _deliberately_ disabling it for Ukrainian operators, but still enabling the usage for Russian operators. Why? Our people are dying here!

[view_image]

I've been concerned about that kind of thing. All of the political crap. I really can't vet the authenticity of your credentials so full condemnation simply has to be withheld. This pilot fully supports the Ukrainian effort. Further purchases of any DJI products is on firm hold just because I suspect this could be true.
2022-5-17
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I've elected to hold off on this update. No one can advise this is a good thing. I'll wait until Russia has finished it's crap.  
2022-5-17
Use props
dwin1977
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm not hearing much good. Holding off on DJI stuff for a while.
2022-5-17
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So the latest volley in DJI email tennis:

"We appreciate the time you provided to us and we are sorry for the problem you are having but no worries, we are here to assist and help you out.
With regard to your concern, we are checking with the relevant department for further assist, once the update is available we will share with you"

Looking hopeful?
2022-5-18
Use props
Carlos Valente
lvl.1

Brazil

After firmware update (1.04), the drone signal to the controller drops. Sometimes I am 3.5 meters high and less than 100 meters away, in a completely open rural area and the signal is lost. When will DJI release new firmware?? Why can't I downgrade to the previous version??? My drone is now parked as I cannot trust it.
2022-5-19
Use props
dejavu69_cz
lvl.1
Czechia

It is rumored that these drones are being used in a war conflict, so this may be done purposefully and the DJI will now deliberately not release new firmware.
2022-5-23
Use props
Vapormatt
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its a shame DJi dont consider the home user's with the crippling update that have no involvement with war. they just want to fly there drone that they paid for and not have it crippled with firmware that limits a once working drone. I was a fan of DJi before this update but now i have purchased a brand that supports its user's not what its told to do politicly to its customers.

I hope one day DJi will be free to support the customers who might purchase there drones if the trust can ever be restored in the DJi brand. It must be frustrating not to be in control of your own company.
2022-5-23
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Oddly enough I flew mine today with absolutely no issues, latest Fly app and everything.  No loss of signal at just past 500m, quick shots all worked as they should so I have no idea what's happened so will just have to wait and see.
2022-5-24
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

The matter of fact is that our drones are complex devices and their operations rely on multiple factors: HW/SW of the drones, radio controller, smartphone; environment: interferences, solar activity, magnetic anomalies, and so on and so forth. And also a proper use and control from the pilot. Every time a new firmware is out, a lot of complaints appear in the forum, but when we carefully investigate, in most cases the issues are not related to the firmware, but to some of the other factors.
As an example: I tested my Mini 2 up to a 2.100m distance without a disconnection, but in some specific case at less than 500m it disconnects. Here the issue is clearly related to the interferences that comes from homes on from industrial plants that make the connection unreliable.
My personal policy is: to wait some days after a the FW upgrade announcement, carefully monitoring the forums, and then to upgrade. This is valid not only for drones but also for all the other devices (PCs, smartphones, ...).
Just one thing: providing the ability to downgrade to a previous version of the firmware is always a good capability and if I was DJI, I would restore it for the future.
2022-5-24
Use props
Carlos Valente
lvl.1

Brazil

FabioV Posted at 5-24 04:24
The matter of fact is that our drones are complex devices and their operations rely on multiple factors: HW/SW of the drones, radio controller, smartphone; environment: interferences, solar activity, magnetic anomalies, and so on and so forth. And also a proper use and control from the pilot. Every time a new firmware is out, a lot of complaints appear in the forum, but when we carefully investigate, in most cases the issues are not related to the firmware, but to some of the other factors.
As an example: I tested my Mini 2 up to a 2.100m distance without a disconnection, but in some specific case at less than 500m it disconnects. Here the issue is clearly related to the interferences that comes from homes on from industrial plants that make the connection unreliable.
My personal policy is: to wait some days after a the FW upgrade announcement, carefully monitoring the forums, and then to upgrade. This is valid not only for drones but also for all the other devices (PCs, smartphones, ...).

FabioV, it turns out that if you didn't update the firmware, dji fly wouldn't let you fly. It was a mandatory update. And I agree that it should have the option to restore the firmware to the previous version, so we could make sure whether or not the problem was the update.
2022-5-24
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

Carlos Valente Posted at 5-24 05:55
FabioV, it turns out that if you didn't update the firmware, dji fly wouldn't let you fly. It was a mandatory update. And I agree that it should have the option to restore the firmware to the previous version, so we could make sure whether or not the problem was the update.

I'm not sure it's really mandatoty. I think you can skip the update notice and continue using the previous version. Of course, if you decide not to update the firmware, you should not update DJI Fly either. Once updated the app, maybe the firmware update become mandatory for compatibility reasons.
2022-5-24
Use props
dejavu69_cz
lvl.1
Czechia

I think an update is only recommended. I have the latest app and it works with 1.03
2022-5-24
Use props
Carlos Valente
lvl.1

Brazil

Unfortunately, I left the update believing it was an improvement for my drone and didn't realize there was no going back. I will be more attentive to the next updates.  
2022-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules