New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)
1234567Next >
50526 247 2022-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.03.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.04.0000
  • Remote Controller firmware: V04.11.0032
  • DJI Fly App iOS: V1.5.10
  • DJI Fly App Android: V1.5.10

What’s New?
  • Optimized flight safety.

2022-3-15
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
United States

At least if you could say what has been optimised would be nice. What about the flight safety has been optimised
2022-3-15
Use props
djiuser_rJdXosFG0STp
New

Germany

Aircraft does no longer work after update. States that firmware version is wrong and asks to update. That, of course, does not work as it has just installed the latest version. Any chance to downgrade to get it back to work?
2022-3-15
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rJdXosFG0STp Posted at 3-15 23:52
Aircraft does no longer work after update. States that firmware version is wrong and asks to update. That, of course, does not work as it has just installed the latest version. Any chance to downgrade to get it back to work?

If you connect to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC, you should be able to downgrade to the previous version, then try to upgrade again. Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it.
2022-3-16
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hmmm, I guess it did improve flight safety. Damn hard to crash if it is bricked.
2022-3-16
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

Where i can find the full changelog?
A vague statement of "optimized something" is useless.
2022-3-16
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

What app version are you using?
2022-3-16
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Call me paranoid but I feel this latest update is similar to the update released for the FPV drone a few days ago, in that the only edit made blocks any option to rollback the firmware and blocks the use of FCC hacks for those of us in CE regions.
2022-3-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

my mini2 has  an optimized flight safety long time ago ....
2022-3-16
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I checked, and these are new versions of the software for FC 03.04.09.83, ESC 01.60.31.03 and CPU 01.43.00.62, for now blocking the possibility of hacking by DH-C. We have this for the mini 2. Warning, antirollback = 2 You cannot rollback to a lower version.
2022-3-16
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

So that's what's called "optimized flight safety", something I don't need.

Did they remove that totally senseless controller beeping at 20 % battery level and RTH? Let me guess: No, of course not, because there's so much sense in distracting the pilot and attracting bystanders, yelling "HERE IS A DRONE PILOT, COME WATCH AND ASK HIM IF THAT BLARING ALERT MEANS HIS DRONE IS ABOUT TO CRASH!"
And no, you cannot mute that thoughtless and safety impairing nonsense by pressing the power button.
2022-3-16
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Update just done with no issues.  I have noticed a bit of sideways drift when hovering lately, is this normal?  I guess it is.
2022-3-16
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just updated to latest firmware, pouring with rain in the uk, could only test indoors, my first indoors with Mini 2, (instinct was don't do it), did it anyway, very surprised how stable and easy to fly. I also managed to do three 360° panos successfully. Hopefully I will fully test outside when the rain stops.
2022-3-16
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rockbyter Posted at 3-16 03:57
Update just done with no issues.  I have noticed a bit of sideways drift when hovering lately, is this normal?  I guess it is.

Maybe recalibrate the IMU, that normally worked for me in the past.
2022-3-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So what’s changed?
2022-3-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dji_MODDER Posted at 3-16 01:19
my mini2 has  an optimized flight safety long time ago ....

Hi chap, am i right in thinking this would be a bad idea for DH users especially me as i need FCC (im in the UK)
2022-3-16
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-16 00:26
If you connect to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC, you should be able to downgrade to the previous version, then try to upgrade again. Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it.

DroneBuffer wrote: "Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it"
Incredibly stupid comment, "sometimes"?
"Hey, I want to upgrade, can I get it without bugs?"
2022-3-16
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Conventional wisdom holds that you should never rush into firmware updates if the product is operating satisfactorily...   Observe what other users encounter rather than possibly degrade your product with buggy software.

Preventing downgrades is frequently a security tactic employed by manufacturers in an effort to prevent users from hacking devices and possibly operating them in a manner inconsistent with the manufacturers recommendations. (ie DH-C).

Given recent world developments, I am not really surprised that DJI is going this route.  Personally, my Mini 2 seems to be operating just fine, so I'm in no rush to "update" it...
2022-3-16
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 3-16 08:02
DroneBuffer wrote: "Sometimes these updates install bugs along with it"
Incredibly stupid comment, "sometimes"?
"Hey, I want to upgrade, can I get it without bugs?"

Well, I have installed plenty of software and YES, if the install does not go properly you get bugs/issues with the firmware that is why it is recommended to have a proper stable connection for installation. I am in the Security Industry and we are always encountering issues with software, the same softwaree when installed on a device will give issues, but try refreshing the same software into the same device again and it works.  

Your comment sounds very stupid
2022-3-16
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Aha! The DH lock has arrived.
2022-3-16
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Sakari Kaulaote Posted at 3-16 00:43
Where i can find the full changelog?
A vague statement of "optimized something" is useless.

A full change log from DJI? You're joking! They have never published something like that. The full log probably is that DH will no longer work.
2022-3-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2022-3-16
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've also updated my DJI Mini 2 tonight, with no obvious problems.
2022-3-16
Use props
DrS79
New
Austria

I work as a drone operator for the Ukrainian army and can't use Areoscope anymore. I first thought it is the firmware but now I read that DJI is _deliberately_ disabling it for Ukrainian operators, but still enabling the usage for Russian operators. Why? Our people are dying here!

2022-3-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Bashy Posted at 3-16 07:57
Hi chap, am i right in thinking this would be a bad idea for DH users especially me as i need FCC (im in the UK)

yes indeed, it has antirollback bump
2022-3-16
Use props
KMax
New

Russia

RE: New DJI Mini 2 firmware Released (3/16/2022)

DrS79 Posted at 3-16 21:35
I work as a drone operator for the Ukrainian army and can't use Areoscope anymore. I first thought it is the firmware but now I read that DJI is _deliberately_ disabling it for Ukrainian operators, but still enabling the usage for Russian operators. Why? Our people are dying here!

[view_image]

Because China thinks with its own head, and does not dance to the tune of the United States. Salo to the heroes!
2022-3-17
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

[view_image]

I am astonished about the range of DJI drones: You are in Austria and can still operate drones in Ukraine?
That's what I call a range.
But isn't that a violation of your governmental regulations regarding keeping the drone in sight while flying?

A bit more serious: I understand there's a need of polarizing public perception in difficult times.
But there is no need of spreading nonproven ("according to recent reports", "I read that ...") rumours for the sake of propaganda. I regard this a misuse of this forum.

I would find your post legitimate if it just reported the failure of a specific feature - without drawing political conclusions and using suggestive and emotion-arousing formulations like "Our peoply are dying here!" - Such additions are typical indicators of propaganda purposes, with this forum being the wrong place for manipulative interventions of either conflicting parties.
2022-3-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

[view_image]

Certainly if this has no truth which I suspect. Trying to make something out of this is simply rotten to the core. Rumourmongering is a scourge.
2022-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dji_MODDER Posted at 3-16 22:18
yes indeed, it has antirollback bump

Ouchy, thanks, me no wanty lol There will be nothing that will improve my Mini 2 so i will never update the firmware now...
2022-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

[view_image]

To be honest, i can see that this could be legit but i really hope not DJI, this will not bode well for you, of that, i am quite sure...
2022-3-17
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

KMax Posted at 3-17 00:42
Because China thinks with its own head, and does not dance to the tune of the United States. Salo to the heroes!

**** China
2022-3-17
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

The next stage will be the DJIFly application forcing the firmware update. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to take off the drone.
2022-3-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-16 09:48
Well, I have installed plenty of software and YES, if the install does not go properly you get bugs/issues with the firmware that is why it is recommended to have a proper stable connection for installation. I am in the Security Industry and we are always encountering issues with software, the same softwaree when installed on a device will give issues, but try refreshing the same software into the same device again and it works.  

Your comment sounds very stupid

Your post suggests that "sometimes" the updates also installs a bug!
Your post sounds very stupid, claiming such a behavior from an update!
2022-3-17
Use props
Sakari Kaulaote
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34941 ft
Finland

nOxxxx Posted at 3-17 05:58
The next stage will be the DJIFly application forcing the firmware update. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to take off the drone.

I would not be surprised.
If i remember correctly, Hubsan did that few years ago with the Zino drones.  
You'd have to fly offline. With internet connection no way to fly with an older app & firmware versions.
2022-3-17
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Thats simple enough, dont update the app either...
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Got to wonder if this is in any way related to this story https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=261517...

Worrying if it is, though you have to wonder how they can block remote control radio signals from being received for specific drones. I guess it must be that the new firmware changes the encryption used between teh RC and the aircraft based on where the drone was registered, or something similar. And that AeroScope only allows the decrypting of the 'normal' encryption channel - which would mean that effectively the Russians have been given a more secure control channel via these upgrade... if true, of course... just thinking out loud.

The whole AeroScope thing was a bit worrying when I first heard of it. As usual, it sounds like a great technology for preventing bad actors acting bad (and thereby potentially allowing law abiding flyers more freedom), but it throws up the question of how the technology could be used for bad.

Very interesting developments - particularly the fact that both RC and aircraft firmware are being released together here implying that it coudl be control comms related. And it kind of highlights how we only get to find out what DJI wants us to know about fw updates... hmm.... by always only releasing vague descriptions of the updates it's what we expect but that then allows vagueness to have other intentions.

Hmmm.....
2022-3-17
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Johnny_J Posted at 3-17 06:04
Your post suggests that "sometimes" the updates also installs a bug!
Your post sounds very stupid, claiming such a behavior from an update!

But you had made posts about software issues causing drones to fly away, wait what will you call that, the engineering term is "Software bugs" Stop being a Troll and an illiterate goat, and stop harassing people and get a Drone
2022-3-17
Use props
djiuser_hGiQBOYDUEgc
New

United States

Same thing here. The computer will not recognize it anymore either.
2022-3-17
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-17 09:54
But you had made posts about software issues causing drones to fly away, wait what will you call that, the engineering term is "Software bugs" Stop being a Troll and an illiterate goat, and stop harassing people and get a Drone

DroneBluffer wrote: "But you had made posts about software issues causing drones to fly away, wait what will you call that, the engineering term is "Software bugs" Stop being a Troll and an illiterate goat, and stop harassing people and get a Drone"

I never made any post regarding drone fly-aways. I might have replied to those, though.
"Illiterate goat"? You are school-unaware and cannot compose a correct sentence in English.
You wrote "if the install does not go properly you get bugs/issues with the firmware".
That is a ridiculous statement. There are no bugs introduced because of an install failure.
2022-3-17
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

can someone give me a good reason to update? it seems like there are no highlighted improvements or features, and with the mini 3 close to release this might be the last update for the mini 2. I've also seen early reports about the extended time it takes to acquire all your available satellites.
2022-3-17
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules