Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DNG files for Mavic Pro 3 not working in Capture One 21 2
5109 9 2022-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andy Short
lvl.1
Flight distance : 669672 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I've can't open DNG RAW files in Capture One. DNG files seem to have new sidecar LRF files with them that was not there on the Mavic Pro 2. All DNG files previously worked on Capture One with the Mavic Pro 2 and Capture One is the premiere edit tool for professional stills. Can you please help urgently?!
2022-3-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably best to raise that with Capture one,  they control what their app will open.
2022-3-18
Use props
Andy Short
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-18 00:54
Probably best to raise that with Capture one,  they control what their app will open.

It would be best practice for DJI to make their products compatible with current professional editing platforms. Changing good working features to incompatible ones seems to be systematic with the DJI Mavic 3. I am not impressed with the drone nor am I with your curt dismissive response on this forum. As a professional photographer and drone pilot, I am exactly who you need to keep on side and not dismiss. You do not have a monopoly and services is important with all my camera systems.
2022-3-18
Use props
Andy Short
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-18 00:54
Probably best to raise that with Capture one,  they control what their app will open.

Also doesn't work in Adobe Media Encoder. The MOV files can been seen but not edited in Quicktime player. Are you seriously suggesting that the photographic/film community address these issues with all the app suppliers DJI have not bothered testing with?!
2022-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy Short Posted at 3-18 03:56
Also doesn't work in Adobe Media Encoder. The MOV files can been seen but not edited in Quicktime player. Are you seriously suggesting that the photographic/film community address these issues with all the app suppliers DJI have not bothered testing with?!

With raw media its down to the app to be updated to support it,  happens all the time with new cameras.
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Andy Short Posted at 3-18 02:07
It would be best practice for DJI to make their products compatible with current professional editing platforms. Changing good working features to incompatible ones seems to be systematic with the DJI Mavic 3. I am not impressed with the drone nor am I with your curt dismissive response on this forum. As a professional photographer and drone pilot, I am exactly who you need to keep on side and not dismiss. You do not have a monopoly and services is important with all my camera systems.

Looks like Capture One is aware of it -

https://support.captureone.com/h ... NG-raw-file-support
2022-3-19
Use props
JochenB
lvl.1
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 03:17
Looks like Capture One is aware of it -

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/4413368595345-DJI-Mavic-3-DNG-raw-file-support

Hi, the problem is an error in the metadata of the DNG file that DJI writes.
The tag StripByteCounts should have the fix value 42534912 (formula:
StripByteCounts = ImageWidth*ImageHeight*2), but has the value 41775360 in all Mavic 3 DNG files.
That's why post production software (not only Capture One) states an invalid file and doesn't open the DNGs.
I already opened a ticket at DJI support in January... and just renewed it today after 2 firmware updates without fixing it.

Workaround: Open a DNG with a hex editor like HxD, search for 41775360  and change it to 42534912. Afterwards you can open the file with no problems. But it sucks...
2022-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JochenB Posted at 4-2 05:41
Hi, the problem is an error in the metadata of the DNG file that DJI writes.
The tag StripByteCounts should have the fix value 42534912 (formula:
StripByteCounts = ImageWidth*ImageHeight*2), but has the value 41775360 in all Mavic 3 DNG files.

I see Skylum just added raw support for Mavic 3 so its just a matter of time for the others to do the same.
2022-4-2
Use props
JochenB
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all, the problem is fixed now in the new 0700 firmware version!!!

I had to open a second ticket to get them correcting the value...
2022-6-2
Use props
trophy
New

Germany

Hi, I struggle also with the Mavic 3 Pro and an older Capture One Version. If I update to C1 V23 is this version taking the RAWs from the Mavic 3 Pro? Or was there an update in the drone itself? I have no notifications concerning an update in the moment.
2023-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules