Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Launches DJI Action 2 Magnetic Protective Case

Record Longer Than Ever

DJI Action 2 Magnetic Protective Case
图1.jpg

The DJI Action 2 Magnetic Protective Case helps prevent damage to the Camera Unit from impacts, scratches, and abrasions. An additional case is compatible with the Front Touchscreen Module and Power Module. Comprised of a heat-resistant polymer, the Magnetic Protective Case also helps reduce surface temperature to optimize video recording by activating a heat control solution that increases recording length under normal conditions.

Technical Principles  
The DJI Action 2 Camera Unit is made of metal material for fast heat dissipation of internal components, causing it to feel hot to the touch after long recording times. DJI Action 2 has a built-in temperature threshold system that automatically sends a prompt and stops recording when the camera temperature reaches a set value. The Magnetic Protective Case is made of a heat-resistant polymer to make the Camera Unit less restricted by temperature, allowing extended recording times under normal conditions.

The following chart summarizes the maximum recording duration (when Auto-Stop Rec Temp is set to High) under different video specifications and stabilization modes when the Camera Unit is mounted with the Magnetic Protective Case. The data was measured in a windless indoor environment (25 °C).

图2.jpg

Maximum Recording Duration

(High Auto-Stop Rec Temp)

Steady
RockSteady
HorizonBalancing
HorizonSteady
1080p/30fps
50 mins*
42 mins*
40 mins*
36 mins*
2.7K/30fps (Aspect ratio: 16:9)
42 mins*
40 mins*
35 mins*
35 mins*
4K/30fps (Aspect ratio: 16:9)
42 mins*
38 mins*
27 mins*
/
1080p/60fps
35 mins*
33 mins*
33 mins*
30 mins*
2.7K/60fps (Aspect ratio: 16:9)
25 mins
19 mins
19 mins
19 mins
4K/60fps (Aspect ratio: 16:9)
24 mins
16 mins
16 mins
/
4K/120fps
/
10 mins
/
/
* DJI Action 2 will record until the battery level reaches zero.

Added Function to Detect the Magnetic Protective Case

图3-EN.jpg
The DJI Action 2 Camera Unit will automatically detect the installed Magnetic Protective Case after updating its firmware to 01.03.30.20. Upon detection, the Camera Unit touchscreen will prompt “Magnetic Protective Case installed,” and activate a heat control solution that increases recording length under normal conditions.

Installing the Magnetic Protective Case

图4.jpg

Mounting the Case to the Camera Unit
Place the DJI Action 2 Camera unit inside the Magnetic Protective Case with the lens facing the round opening and metal contact points aligned with those of the case. When mounting is complete, power on DJI Action 2, and the prompt “Magnetic Protective Case installed” will appear on the touchscreen.

Mounting the Case to the Front Touchscreen Module/Power Module
Align the USB-C port and buttons on both sides of the module with the openings on the protective case, and the microSD card slot with the corresponding opening of the case. Check for a secure fit.
The Magnetic Protective Case does not affect the use of expansion ports. After mounting, accessories like the Magnetic Lanyard, Magnetic Adapter Mount, and Magnetic Ball-Joint Adapter Mount will still be compatible.
* Remove the Magnetic Protective Case from the Camera Unit when using the Magnetic Headband.

Removing the Magnetic Protective Case
The case for the Front Touchscreen Module/Power Module wraps around the module. Removing the case while the module is connected to the Camera Unit is recommended, as shown below.
图7.png
To remove the protective case from the Camera Unit, push the lens side of the Camera Unit away from the case.

* Do not remove the Magnetic Protective Case during recording.

How Do I Get a Magnetic Protective Case?
For a better creative experience, users who have already purchased and activated DJI Action 2 will receive the Magnetic Protective Case free of charge through specified official channels. The case will also be included with the purchase of DJI Action 2 from now on. Check here for further details.
* Note that the process of receiving the Magnetic Protective Case, the time of availability, and the in-stock time may vary among countries and regions. Please refer to your local policies. If DJI Action 2 was purchased before the activation deadline and activated afterward, please contact after-sales for assistance.

Mainland China

Activation Time
Up to 23:59, March 15

Starting 00:00, March   16

How to get the Magnetic Protective   Case:
Visit https://my.dji.com/coupons. Log into the DJI account that activated DJI Action 2 and obtain the   coupon (in your account within approximately three days) to place the order   free of charge and get the accessory (check the DJI Store for in-stock time).
Purchasing DJI Action 2 comes with   the Magnetic Protective Case free of charge from today onward.
For users in Mainland China, the Magnetic Protective Case will be available for purchase on March 16. For users in Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan, the Magnetic Protective Case will be available for purchase on April 1. Please visit the DJI Store for details or consult your local retailers.

North America

Activation Time
Up to 23:59, March 31   (Beijing Time)  

Starting 00:00, March   31 (Beijing Time)  
For users that bought DJI Action 2   at the DJI Store, Amazon, or Best Buy, visit https://my.dji.com/coupons. Log   into the DJI account that activated DJI Action 2   and obtain the coupon (in your account within approximately three days) to   place the order free of charge and get the accessory (check the DJI Store for   in-stock time).

For users that   purchased DJI Action 2 via other channels, consult your local retailers.
Purchasing DJI Action 2 comes with   the Magnetic Protective Case free of charge from today onward.
The Magnetic Protective Case will be available for purchase on April 1 (Beijing Time). Please visit the DJI Store for more details or consult your local retailers.

Europe

Activation Time
Visit https://my.dji.com/coupons. Log into the DJI account that activated DJI Action 2 and obtain the   coupon (in your account within approximately three days) to place the order   free of charge and get the accessory (check the DJI Store for in-stock time).

Purchasing DJI Action 2 comes with   the Magnetic Protective Case free of charge from today onward. For other   channels, please check with local retailers.

The Magnetic Protective Case will be available for purchase on April 1 (Beijing Time). Please visit the DJI Store for more details or consult your local retailers.

Asia Pacific

Activation Time
Starting 00:00, March 31   (Beijing Time)  
For users in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan,   Singapore, Japan, Korea, Australia, and New Zealand, visit https://my.dji.com/coupons. Log into the DJI account that activated DJI Action 2 and obtain the   coupon (in your account within approximately three days) to place the order   free of charge and get the accessory (check the DJI Store for in-stock time).

For users in other   regions, consult your local retailers.

Latin   America, Middle East, and Africa

Activation Time
How to get the   Magnetic Protective Case:
Consult your local retailers.
Purchasing DJI Action   2 comes with the Magnetic Protective Case free of charge from today onward.

01.03.30.20 Firmware Update
1.    Added a function that detects when the Magnetic Protective Case is installed on the Camera Unit. The protective case optimizes video recording by activating a heat control solution that increases recording length under normal conditions.

2.    Updated where pressing and holding the power button for one second when the camera is powered off will skip SnapShot, and power the camera on without triggering the recording function.

3.    Fixed an occasional issue where the camera view for SnapShot is displayed upside-down.

4.    Fixed some minor bugs.

Notes:
·        When using the Camera Unit independently, the Auto-Stop Rec Temp refers to the frame temperature. When connected with the Front Touchscreen Module or Power Module, the Auto-Stop Rec Temp refers to the connected module’s frame temperature. There may be a difference of 1 to 2 °C.
·        There are two set values for the Auto-Stop Rec Temp (Standard: 48 °C; High: 53 °C). You can adjust the settings according to your usage habits and preferences. Due to local regulations, some regions are only able to select the standard 48 °C Auto-Stop Rec Temp.

·        Do not attach the DJI Action 2 Camera Unit to the Front Touchscreen Module or Power Module when there is any dust or water on or in the expansion ports. Doing so may cause the Camera Unit to corrode or short-circuit.
·        Before mounting the Magnetic Protective Case, wipe away any water or stains around the mounting points to prevent corrosion and short-circuiting.
·        Mounting the Magnetic Protective Case will not affect the power and data communication of the DJI Action 2 Camera Unit, Front Touchscreen Module, or Power Module.
·        Before recording, make sure that the Magnetic Protective Case is securely mounted. Do not remove the protective case while shooting.

·        The protective case uses a wrapping design. To remove the Magnetic Protective Case, push the DJI Action 2 Camera Unit away from the case.

2022-3-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DJI,

Will this magnetic protective case available in your webshop?  
I bought a Action2 not via DJI, but from a www shop

cheers
JJB
2022-3-16
Use props
Zorilla
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108009 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

JJB* Posted at 3-16 06:52
Hi DJI,

Will this magnetic protective case available in your webshop?  

Why even ask?
The above DJI information clearly states:

"The Magnetic Protective Case will be available for purchase on April 1 (Beijing Time). Please visit the DJI Store for more details or consult your local retailers."
2022-3-16
Use props
Teufeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1166483 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Ohhhhh love it. Please shut up and take my money
2022-3-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is this saying that coupon should show up in 3 days ?
2022-3-16
Use props
theunplannedcreative
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21038868 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-16 16:23
Is this saying that coupon should show up in 3 days ?

I’m thinking it’s 3 days from when the activation period for your region is (or at least I hope). So for me in North America I have to wait until April 3 I think.
2022-3-23
Use props
Markie8
lvl.2
United Kingdom

theunplannedcreative Posted at 3-23 13:55
I’m thinking it’s 3 days from when the activation period for your region is (or at least I hope). So for me in North America I have to wait until April 3 I think.

I'm in Europe, bought mine mid March and activated few days ago and still haven't got the the coupon but apparently soon (fingers crossed)
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_8PeQ8nbGs4hl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24374649 ft
Brazil

quando vão mandar essa case?
2022-3-28
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Actually make the Dji Action 2 look pretty sweet looking.
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules