910 3 2022-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa211488f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325541 ft
United States

Hello.

I am traveling to Banff in May and would like to fly my Mav3.

First, I want to preface this with I can absolutely do without pontification, philosophy, your feelings etc. I am not a vandal and do not plan to break rules, regulations, etc., but would really love to bring home footage. I am not a 107 pilot in the states and this along with other forms of photography is strictly a hobby.

My goal is to understand precisely what I have to do to fly my drone as a citizen of the United States in Canada. I would appreciate as specific details as possible, to include the utility of even bringing the drone to Banff at all.

Please forgive my directed request. Here in the US, drones are basically more dangerous than machine guns keyhole
Satellites for spying on people according to most who are not in the hobby or industry and the regulations continue to spiral out of control and with it ignorance by the lay public. Hence, I do not want to fall outside of the regulations in Canada but I also want to know what, if any rights that drone pilots have. As an aside, I know the use of drones isn’t just an American thing, and I personally love the work done outside of the states because it really showcases the beauty of the world. Please help. Thank you.
2022-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will post a DJI link where in you can check some information on DJI Flying Tips in Canada ( https://www.dji.com/flyingtips/ca ). I hope this can help you as well. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-3-16
Use props
-Lucifer-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1307795 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You can’t fly in National parks.   Only with special permission from parks board. Which is almost impossible. Specially in Banff watching the drones. If you get busted, you facing a several thousand dollars fine. . The last guy is cut at Sunwapta falls paid a total 25k… so think again.
2022-3-17
Use props
djiuser_SG95p3Obv4vx
lvl.2

Canada

-Lucifer- Posted at 3-17 07:03
You can’t fly in National parks.   Only with special permission from parks board. Which is almost impossible. Specially in Banff watching the drones. If you get busted, you facing a several thousand dollars fine. . The last guy is cut at Sunwapta falls paid a total 25k… so think again.

National parks in Canada are a no go.
I've seen a few drone pics taken in Banff and posted here but i am sure that the pilot was breaking the law.
2022-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules