Hampton Court Planets
1826 22 2022-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

In the winter of 2021, Hampton Court Palace - the former home of King Henry VIII - hosted a sound and light installation focussed on time and space.

The finale of the walking tour through the palace grounds was this trek through our solar system. A stroll through the planets.

This short video is a hyperlapse through this section of the tour shot handheld on a DJI Osmo Pocket.

2022-3-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there N.O.T. Good day and thank you for posting this fantastic video that you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2022-3-16
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Short and sweet.
2022-3-16
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Depp Posted at 3-16 22:34
Short and sweet.

That's the thing with hyperlapse... When you look back at what you shot it always seems to be over a bit too soon.

(My other half was also sat waiting and freezing at the end of the walk, so I was not exactly taking my time walking through the crowd )
2022-3-16
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-16 20:20
Hello there N.O.T. Good day and thank you for posting this fantastic video that you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support.  .

Thanks Stephen.

The original Osmo Pocket is still a good piece of kit, even though DJI have abandoned it in terms of fixing the remaining firmware bugs.
2022-3-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice and smooth!
2022-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting effect.   
2022-3-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very impressive hyperlapse.    In that lighting condition the OP performed very well.  

Is this an annual event that they hosted?
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-17 00:24
Very nice and smooth!

Thanks. It took a bit of stabilisation in post to remove the Z-axis bounce, but I was pleased with the result.
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-17 01:00
Interesting effect.

Always have my regrets, though... wish I'd panned left and right a bit to get better views of all of the different planets.
2022-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 03:29
Thanks. It took a bit of stabilisation in post to remove the Z-axis bounce, but I was pleased with the result.

Ninja walking......
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-17 02:33
Very impressive hyperlapse.    In that lighting condition the OP performed very well.  

Is this an annual event that they hosted?

Took a bit of tweaking in post to get the gamma curve right, but yeah, it managed to catch the detail pretty well.

This is the first time they've done this specifically as far as I am aware, but they do quite a lot of similar things - particularly around halloween and things like that. They have an outdoor icerink every year, though, over Christmas.

I think these are the people that put the thing on: https://wildrumpus.org.uk/palace ... mpton-court-palace/
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Wasn't really possible in this case as I was actually walking almost on tip toes to keep the camera well above everyone's heads.

Not easy to try to remove the bounce in your step when you are fully extended like that
2022-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 03:54
Wasn't really possible in this case as I was actually walking almost on tip toes to keep the camera well above everyone's heads.

Not easy to try to remove the bounce in your step when you are fully extended like that

That is true. You need some room to move your arms  up and down to compensate for the body movements.
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 3-17 04:20
That is true. You need some room to move your arms  up and down to compensate for the body movements.

And to avoid clonking small children on the head with your elbows
2022-3-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 04:55
And to avoid clonking small children on the head with your elbows

Hahahahahaha. Best way!
2022-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 03:31
Always have my regrets, though... wish I'd panned left and right a bit to get better views of all of the different planets.

Just dont let those regrets spoil the results that you do get and try to remember them for next time.
2022-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 03:31

Just dont let those regrets spoil the results that you do get and try to remember them for next time.
2022-3-17
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 3-17 23:46

Absolutely. Good advice.

I'm still happy with the result. Honest!
2022-3-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 23:55
Absolutely. Good advice.

I'm still happy with the result. Honest!

2022-3-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 3-17 03:50
Took a bit of tweaking in post to get the gamma curve right, but yeah, it managed to catch the detail pretty well.

This is the first time they've done this specifically as far as I am aware, but they do quite a lot of similar things - particularly around halloween and things like that. They have an outdoor icerink every year, though, over Christmas.

They are an impressive organization.  Thanks for the link.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

No Original Thought Posted at 3-16 23:54
Thanks Stephen.

The original Osmo Pocket is still a good piece of kit, even though DJI have abandoned it in terms of fixing the remaining firmware bugs.

Hi there there N.O.T. Thank you for the reply and for sharing your valued insights with us. Again, thank you for your valued support and keep filming. .
2022-3-18
Use props
djiuser_h24GwhGpRk8S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51486 ft
Greece

Excellent work
2023-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules