Crashed my FC40..Help and advice needed
1128 2 2014-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

I crashed my FC40 by hitting the top of a tall tree. It came down hard although the fall was somewhat cushioned by the tree branches on the way down. One of the arms is bent and the hard case needs to be replaced. I hooked it up to Naza assist and the IMU readings are normal and transmitter switches are functioning properly. The motors start up and sound normal. When I power the Phantom on it records home point and then a few flashes green rapidly a second time indicating ready to fly. The Phantom then flashes green -red -green -red for the longest time. It will eventually just blink green indicating >6 sattelites however if I pick it up and move it the red flashes will come back indicating it has less than 6 satellites.  Im guessing the GPS module has been damaged? Would it be worthwhile to send it in for repairs or after a hard crash like this just get a new one? Should i take it apart and see if something has come loose? Anyone have a similar experience or any advice on what I should do next?
2014-11-30
Use props
DJI-Jolie
lvl.2

China

Dear Rdc44444,

It sounds not very problematic. However, for safety, I would suggest you to send it for repair as the arms have been bent and supposingly there is also other, if you have a local dealer or maybe you are close to any DJI support center http://www.dji.com/support.  
2014-12-3
Use props
IflyinWY
lvl.1

United States

I've crashed mine into numerous immovable objects, including the top of a 30 foot utility pole.  That one crashed down hard on a gravel road.  I dusted it off and flew it right then.  Maybe mine is extra durable but so far the only things to break have been prop guards, props and landing gear.

Off with the old, on with the new and fly, fly, fly.

I would suggest opening the clam shell and inspecting very closely.  Order replacement parts as needed, do an advanced IMU calibration, do the compass dance and have at it.  If you are concerned about it flying away, put a leash on it during your test flight.

Hopefully others can suggest additional helpful hints.

2014-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules