Unable to connect a Obsidian controller to Phantom 4 pro
841 7 2022-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kevray55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13058 ft
Philippines

My original white controller stopped working and I found a GL300F obsidian controller on ebay which is the same model number as mine but grey in colour, but it refuses to link to my drone, does that mean this controller is not compatible with my p4p?

2022-3-17
Use props
fansccd76a50
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 3-17 21:56
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Has your drone connnect to DJI Terra? Please check whether the remote controller mode is switched from PC to App. Update the firmware of DJI GO 4, the aircraft and the remote controller to the latest version to see if it persists.

Hi, how do I check if pc or app?
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansccd76a50 Posted at 3-18 00:18
Hi, how do I check if pc or app?

Hi, there. Would you please try to update both the firmware of the drone and controller to the latest version? Is there any error message prompt? If it doesn't make further progress, please provide us with a screen recording related to it.
2022-3-18
Use props
fansccd76a50
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 3-18 01:48
Hi, there. Would you please try to update both the firmware of the drone and controller to the latest version? Is there any error message prompt? If it doesn't make further progress, please provide us with a screen recording related to it.

Okay I will try tomorrow, I have now downloaded Assistant 4 Go to an android phone and can get the flashing blue light on the controller, but after pressing the connection button on the drone still not connecting. I'll charge up both battery and controller overnight and try to update the firmware in the morning.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansccd76a50 Posted at 3-18 02:40
Okay I will try tomorrow, I have now downloaded Assistant 4 Go to an android phone and can get the flashing blue light on the controller, but after pressing the connection button on the drone still not connecting. I'll charge up both battery and controller overnight and try to update the firmware in the morning.

Okay. We're looking forward to your update.
2022-3-18
Use props
fansccd76a50
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 3-18 02:47
Okay. We're looking forward to your update.

Okay I have checked the versions and they are both up to date, I can connect my original controller and fly but the controller battery dies in less than 3 mins, I tried to connect the obsidian controller but still refuses to connect, both controllers have the same firmware version.
I can only assume the new controller is not compatible with my p4p.
2022-3-18
Use props
fansccd76a50
lvl.1
Philippines

fansccd76a50 Posted at 3-18 04:23
Okay I have checked the versions and they are both up to date, I can connect my original controller and fly but the controller battery dies in less than 3 mins, I tried to connect the obsidian controller but still refuses to connect, both controllers have the same firmware version.
I can only assume the new controller is not compatible with my p4p.

Can I force an update firmware on the new controller?
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fansccd76a50 Posted at 3-18 04:23
I can only assume the new controller is not compatible with my p4p.

Greatly sorry for the late reply. Could you please give us a video of the issue described to do a confirmation?
2022-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules