3766 13 2022-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saiyaex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106138 ft
Ireland

Hello,

I very rarely use my Mavic Air 2 and it has never been in any crash or had damage. It was working fine before storing it a few months ago. Since updating, I noticed when I turned on the controller it would continuously beep. The camera would not pan up or down in flight. I have attempted to calibrate the controller many times, but the gimbal wheel does not show any response on the calibration screen whatsoever. Every time I turn on the controller, it beeps but I cannot calibrate the gimbal wheel.

When I boot up the drone, the gimbal/camera goes through it's regular motions as per normal so it seems like this issue is within the controller/software and it was working fine before the previous few months of upgrades.

Not sure what to do from here, any advice is appreciated I would really like to get my drone working.

Thanks in advance.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software on your PC or Mac and kindly please refresh the firmware for both aircraft and controller and check if the issue persists? In addition, you may also try to relink the aircraft and controller, kindly please refer to the tutorial steps below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-3-18
Use props
saiyaex
lvl.1
Ireland

Hi Paladin,

Sorry - I should have mentioned that I completed this already and it did not resolve the issue.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please make sure the firmware and the APP are the latest versions. If it doesn't make further progress, please provide us with a screen recording related to it.
2022-3-18
Use props
saiyaex
lvl.1
Ireland

Just to clarify, do you mean a screen recording of me attempting to calibrate the gimbal wheel?
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

saiyaex Posted at 3-18 01:26
Just to clarify, do you mean a screen recording of me attempting to calibrate the gimbal wheel?

Sorry for the confusion. Please provide both the process of calibrating the gimbal wheel and the abnormality of the drone. Thanks in advance.
2022-3-18
Use props
saiyaex
lvl.1
Ireland

I have attached two videos, one of the drone turning on so you can see the camera rotating appropriately and another of a screenshare while trying to calibrate the buttons. As you can see, all the sticks calibrate fine but the gimbal wheel does not give any response in the calibration screen (aside from an initial green bit when I enter the calibration screen for some reason). The controller beeps every time I turn it on until I enter the calibration screen.

Link to screenshare: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qXBsXHy96sOLDK7MbjfUXwBNZAgLFQcl/view?usp=sharing
Link to video of drone booting up: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qR6vNGrs42M8CGbWHJYxRRW-nslzuzPF/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for the help.
2022-3-18
Use props
saiyaex
lvl.1
Ireland

Just wanted to give this a bump if anyone has a solution?
2022-3-19
Use props
Lee Wilkinson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Im having the exact same issue on my brand new Mini 2.  Was this ever resolved?
2022-4-28
Use props
Davrosone
New
Flight distance : 7976 ft
United Kingdom

I can’t calibrate the gimbal on my mini 3 pro . Any suggestions ?
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Davrosone Posted at 9-23 09:29
I can’t calibrate the gimbal on my mini 3 pro . Any suggestions ?

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please try to go to DJI Fly and tap Settings > Control > Gimbal Calibration to calibrate the gimbal?
2022-9-24
Use props
djiuser_65gZN3Jyza4A
New
Flight distance : 43829 ft
United States

Just fyi, I have been having this same exact issue with my Mavic Air 2.

For me when I start up the controller it immediately starts beeping. Going into Gimbal Calibration does stop this. But same as with the OP, the gimbal dial does register as moving. Though, I had a couple times where it randomly started responding (which makes me lean towards a software glitch over a mechanical one).

I have done all the basic stuff suggested in other places: Advanced settings, reset gimbal settings. Gimbal calibration. The auto gimbal callibration. Even tried just hitting the recenter gimbal button to see if that would somehow make things work.

I think it is software, just because there have been random times when the gimbal started working. So it seems the dial is capable of being responsive.

I even uninstalled the app and reinstalled. Nothing there. I am guessing I need to send this in for servicing. But because it seems it is software related, I am hoping there is some trick that will fix this. Is there a way to hard reboot or some software that might troubleshoot this?
2023-1-20
Use props
fans1875be97
New

Portugal

Hi,
I am having the exact same issue as described above. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm not able to calibrate the controller as the wheel doesnt appear in the calibration step.
The gimbal can tilt if I use the smart track function and periodically if I power on (usually while holding the photo/video button on the controller)

Thanks
2023-2-8
Use props
WBWillis-Films
New
Flight distance : 43829 ft
United States

An update to this problem. I was in the chat with DJI Support for awhile, they suggested using the DJI Assistant Software on a desktop computer to fix this. However, I found that another issue associated with this problem is that the controller will not connect to the newer versions of the DJI Assistant.

I have searched the forums and many users found that going back to a DJI Assistant 1.0.7 allowed them to connect their controller to the DJI Assistant. I have not been able to find this version of the DJI assistant, though I found another older version which also did not work.

I think perhaps the only fix is to have DJI replace the controller. Which sucks, because this clearly seems ot be a a software issue. And a very common one. I think the underlying issue may be that this is a Chinese Company with very little tech support. If anyone has a suggestion for a U.S. Drone company which makes affordable drones that shoot in 4K @ 60fps I would happily switch over.

Thanks!
2023-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules