Connection Issues with latest update - What is going on?
12Next >
7548 68 2022-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Flight Test w. DJI Fly App 1.5.10 + NEW Firmware 01.04.0000

Just a heads up I'm having a lot of connection issues with my DJI Mini with DJI Fly App 1.5.10 on iOS and the NEW Firmware 01.04.0000  where I lost connection multiple times and had issues getting a stable satellite lock.

2022-3-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Just home from testing new firmware using iPhone, no connection issues over 3 battery’s , satellite lock fast as before. I did get several string wind warnings, the wind is no more than a gentle breeze! Less than 10mph at ground level. In my time owning the mini 2 I have never had a strong wind warning as I only fly in good conditions. Very irritating if this has been tweaked to warn in minor conditions. Other than the wind warning it flew perfectly almost, I did notice when stopped the height fluctuated 1 meter up and down for a few seconds.
2022-3-18
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Many users reported height fluctuations, which is very annoying. I would not update for now and wait for this firmware to be tested.
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

To be completely transparent it may have done this before, I only checked because of watching DM Productions latest YouTube video.
2022-3-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

Do you guys really watch a stupid video, made entirely for earning money?
2022-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-18 05:11
Just home from testing new firmware using iPhone, no connection issues over 3 battery’s , satellite lock fast as before. I did get several string wind warnings, the wind is no more than a gentle breeze! Less than 10mph at ground level. In my time owning the mini 2 I have never had a strong wind warning as I only fly in good conditions. Very irritating if this has been tweaked to warn in minor conditions. Other than the wind warning it flew perfectly almost, I did notice when stopped the height fluctuated 1 meter up and down for a few seconds.

I think although he want’s no one to mention it. The OP should not be flying from his car. For many reasons as well as it could be affecting his signals.

2022-3-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 3-18 05:58

Do really have to comment on posts you have no interest in?

Back under the bridge please.
2022-3-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-18 06:21
Do really have to comment on posts you have no interest in?

Back under the bridge please.

DJI-Osmo-User-1 wrote: "Back under the bridge please". Hence we can assume that DJI-Osmo-User-1 is well-aquainted with living under a bridge! Sad!
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 3-18 07:05
DJI-Osmo-User-1 wrote: "Back under the bridge please". Hence we can assume that DJI-Osmo-User-1 is well-aquainted with living under a bridge! Sad!

Well that’s confirmed my suspicions on your mental capacity, I have no desire or requirement to continue discussions with your obvious limited mental state.

Lockdown didn’t serve you well eh?
2022-3-18
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-18 07:27
Well that’s confirmed my suspicions on your mental capacity, I have no desire or requirement to continue discussions with your obvious limited mental state.

Lockdown didn’t serve you well eh?

Yet again she demonstrates her "mental capacity" ...
2022-3-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gave Mini 2 to my grandson and he is on latest firmware update and latest Fly App.  He says he hasn't had any connection issues but is seeing height fluctuations.  
2022-3-18
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Johnny_J Posted at 3-18 09:09
Yet again she demonstrates her "mental capacity" ...

Why attempt to be sexist?
2022-3-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I enjoy Henrik's videos and yes, I do watch them.  If he gets a few cents for a view, that's fine.  He has contributed more to the drone community in terms of sharing knowledge than so many.
2022-3-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-18 13:28
I enjoy Henrik's videos and yes, I do watch them.  If he gets a few cents for a view, that's fine.  He has contributed more to the drone community in terms of sharing knowledge than so many.

The issue is ... people like this muck up THIS forum.
If they want to dance for youtube, fine, great, if I need the info, I'll go to youtube and search it up.
Thing is, I swear, they create issues just to post content, and that ... is highly annoying.
Then, to boost their traffic, they go around posting this nonsense to every forum with the word 'drone' in it, instead of just paying to boost their video for a couple bucks.  
Yes, it's cheap, and annoying, same as listening to this guy.

HenRick, get some other hobbies, and use the drone in that hobby.  Then you acquire views from both hobbies.  You have tunnel vision on this drone stuff.
I love to watch hog eradications in Tx, and they often use FLIR drones to hunt the culprits.  That is interesting.
There's a fisherman on twitch that uses his mini to search for sharks in the shallow waters, very interesting.

As well, I enjoy shooting, and instead of walking back and forth to the target (or buying expensive optics) ... I fly to the target, take a look, then adjust.
If I was dancing for youtube nickles, I would post that, then click on "boost video" so youtube sends my video to the top.
Don't be cheap, and get other hobbies man.

2022-3-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-18 13:28

of problems created?  Why would anyone need to fly through fog, what are you going to record?
That is one instance of creating a problem to garner 'content' (which is not content).
2022-3-18
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting it seems somethings similar here.  

2022-3-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

thread crapping with a link to a video ...... classic.
2022-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hunterws Posted at 3-18 14:06
The issue is ... people like this muck up THIS forum.
If they want to dance for youtube, fine, great, if I need the info, I'll go to youtube and search it up.
Thing is, I swear, they create issues just to post content, and that ... is highly annoying.

I do agree these videos Hedrick continually posts here showing himself sitting in his car, then offering information and help to others when he continually ignores help given to him by others who know a lot more than him.
2022-3-18
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 3-18 15:04
thread crapping with a link to a video ...... classic.

People are just trying to share information.  I appreciate that.  No need to get upset.
2022-3-18
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Spazoo Posted at 3-18 15:28
People are just trying to share information.  I appreciate that.  No need to get upset.

Oh, so if it's spazoo approved, it's ok.  Narcissist much?
2022-3-18
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 3-18 16:37
Oh, so if it's spazoo approved, it's ok.  Narcissist much?

It's funny that you can't keep yourself from participating in a thread that you claim is only mucking up the forum.  Maybe it's best for you to move on from here.  Thanks.
2022-3-18
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

hunterws Posted at 3-18 14:13
of problems created?  Why would anyone need to fly through fog, what are you going to record?
That is one instance of creating a problem to garner 'content' (which is not content).

I enjoy the drone themed entertainment.  And he does things that those of us that live in a climate without fog can do.  Sometimes you gotta just enjoy.  Life is more fun that way.
2022-3-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see the same 2 peoples at it again, they give nothing to the thread other than gripping other members poop, hunterws and Johnny_J, its constant drivel from you 2, you bring nothing to the table and leave it looking like prize turnips.

This thread has done me some good, well, not from you two Fraggles, but in the way that I will not be updating my Mini 2 fw, nor will i be updating the Fly app anymore so no forcing that on me.  DJI are not doing themselves any favours here, I bought my drone, its paid for, you have my money so how i choose to use it is up to me and now theyre messing about with many thousands of innocent lives in Ukraine. GIve it time, i can see your sales dropping some in the near future....
2022-3-18
Use props
flyingandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199738 ft
Switzerland

Zur Zeit scheinen die GPS Signale zeitweise gestört zu sein. Auch Fluggesellschaften klagen. Vielleicht wegen dem Ukraine Krieg?
2022-3-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes,  Hendrik videos are usually very good.
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RC Interference warning messages here,  although the actual signal was good,   GPS lock was super fast as normal,  But the video feed did lag a couple of times and then do like a speed ramp to catch up.  
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PS,  I read the only change in this firmware is to lock out the hacks and downgrades,   but I guess other issues/fixes slipped in.
2022-3-19
Use props
Karl53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290689 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If it turns out, that DJI deliberately adapted the new software here to indirectly support Russia, then they can shut down the company in the near future.
2022-3-19
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
United States

Karl53 Posted at 3-19 04:31
If it turns out, that DJI deliberately adapted the new software here to indirectly support Russia, then they can shut down the company in the near future.

Would it be a surprise, really?
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Calibrated IMU then took another test drive, bit  windy but the drone behaved perfectly, zero issues after the update for me atleast
2022-3-19
Use props
DroneBuffer
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I enjoy watching videos but also much enjoy when the OP that posts the video participates in the conversation that happens after. What I do hate is when people just posts their videos for clicks and just move on with no interaction further from them, not even a peep. I used to watch the OP's videos but since he stopped responding to comments about his video on the forum I try and ignore his posts.
2022-3-19
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23418189 ft
United States

DroneBuffer Posted at 3-19 17:53
I enjoy watching videos but also much enjoy when the OP that posts the video participates in the conversation that happens after. What I do hate is when people just posts their videos for clicks and just move on with no interaction further from them, not even a peep. I used to watch the OP's videos but since he stopped responding to comments about his video on the forum I try and ignore his posts.

I actually stopped watching his videos because his voice and accent make it hard to listen to.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I remember buying a book that was entirely written and published for monetary gain I really enjoyed it and learned so much from it. You should try it, you might learn something …
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Posting this video, because Hendrix above has continually posted videos on this forum and the videos 99% of the time are about one problem or another. He then follows up with another video saying he solved the problem. This is clearly clickbait and a trend he continues to use when anything new comes out. His videos are not to help but to encourage clicks for his channel. He used to post helpful tutorial videos now a thing of the past as he now realises you get more clicks posting negative videos. We should encourage those you tubers who are “actually “ trying to help. And he's not sitting in a hunk of metal..

2022-3-20
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Yaros1 Posted at 3-18 05:14
Many users reported height fluctuations, which is very annoying. I would not update for now and wait for this firmware to be tested.

I'll keep an eye out for that when I go out later today
2022-3-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

DowntownRDB Posted at 3-18 11:18
Gave Mini 2 to my grandson and he is on latest firmware update and latest Fly App.  He says he hasn't had any connection issues but is seeing height fluctuations.

your signal is also way stronger compared to CE
2022-3-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 3-19 02:10
RC Interference warning messages here,  although the actual signal was good,   GPS lock was super fast as normal,  But the video feed did lag a couple of times and then do like a speed ramp to catch up.

This is off course worrying if you see this in US, but ok as long as it's warnings
2022-3-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Denmark

Karl53 Posted at 3-19 04:31

I doubt this is the case, as the love money more than Russia :-)  
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 3-23 01:09
This is off course worrying if you see this in US, but as long as it's warnings

I wonder if we will see an app update soon that corrects it.
2022-3-23
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

You should get a serious answer: Yes, I do.

And of course I wish to tell you why: I do not pay anything for watching such videos, I also don't suffer of any annoying ads because I use the right add-ons in my browser (which I won't reveal). Thus I get information and entertainment for free, which I don't regard as stupid. Do you?

In fact, I watched a lot of Henriks videos. He puts quite some effort, devotion and love into making these. And things done with effort, devotion and love usually are quite nice ones I value.
That's why I trigger the same video again or a full playlist with another device showing ads while I cook a meal or play a game - so I contribute a little to the channel's income without getting bothered by ads.
Win-win, what could be better?
Now you tell me what's wrong about that and why that's a stupid video, don't you?
2022-3-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules