Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GLONASS Usage Warning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3735896 ft
Latvia

Message received from our RTK correction provider today, may also be useful for those who do not use RTK correction but simply GLONASS.

"The international satellite laser location service in response to the  war in Ukraine has completely stopped observations of the GLONASS  (Russia) satellite system since March 11, thus no data is provided for  the  verification of satellite orbits.
The Latvian Geospatial Information Agency, as a LatPos service provider, does not recommend the use of GLONASS signals in real-time global  positioning measurements, as the effect of unverified orbits on  real-time  observations is not clear. In case GLONSS signals are used, evaluate  and control the measurements."

I will inform on this post if we receive further information.
3-18 07:30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 7859656 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cheers thanks for keeping all informed.
3-21 11:49
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

I continue to use it out of curiosity, I don't see any difference with the use of Beidou or GPS. For the moment !
3-21 11:53
Use props
patiam
Captain
Flight distance : 1005991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for heads up. Kinda wondered if we'd see repercussions of Putin's illegal war in Ukraine...
3-21 20:51
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

Is there any confirmation of this information? There is nothing about this on the IRLS website.
3-22 16:10
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 3-22 16:10
Is there any confirmation of this information? There is nothing about this on the IRLS website.

https://www.iag-aig.org/topic/324
The official statement is not clear, and is above all very politicized for an organization that claims to be neutral. I think that Russia has ample capacity to maintain GLONASS in operation without outside help. That's why I personally continue to use it. I don't understand this general Russophobe movement.
3-22 22:16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules