Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GLONASS Usage Warning
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Message received from our RTK correction provider today, may also be useful for those who do not use RTK correction but simply GLONASS.

"The international satellite laser location service in response to the  war in Ukraine has completely stopped observations of the GLONASS  (Russia) satellite system since March 11, thus no data is provided for  the  verification of satellite orbits.
The Latvian Geospatial Information Agency, as a LatPos service provider, does not recommend the use of GLONASS signals in real-time global  positioning measurements, as the effect of unverified orbits on  real-time  observations is not clear. In case GLONSS signals are used, evaluate  and control the measurements."

I will inform on this post if we receive further information.
2022-3-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cheers thanks for keeping all informed.
2022-3-21
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

I continue to use it out of curiosity, I don't see any difference with the use of Beidou or GPS. For the moment !
2022-3-21
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for heads up. Kinda wondered if we'd see repercussions of Putin's illegal war in Ukraine...
2022-3-21
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

Is there any confirmation of this information? There is nothing about this on the IRLS website.
2022-3-22
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 3-22 16:10
Is there any confirmation of this information? There is nothing about this on the IRLS website.

https://www.iag-aig.org/topic/324
The official statement is not clear, and is above all very politicized for an organization that claims to be neutral. I think that Russia has ample capacity to maintain GLONASS in operation without outside help. That's why I personally continue to use it. I don't understand this general Russophobe movement.
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_6gyjcRfY55er
New

Malaysia

Can you think about, why the 2023 smartphones support the all GNSS like Galileo, Beidou, GPS and GLONASS? Every GNSS is needed in every situation, environment and places.

The combination like this:-

1. GPS + Glonass (Mountain & Jungle Area)
2. GPS + Galileo (Urban Area)
3. Beidou + Galileo (City)
4. Beidou + Glonass + GPS (Mid Range)
5. Galileo + GPS (Most For Daily Used + Mobile Data)
6. GPS + Glonass + Galileo (Most Perfect Covered in Most Area) And The Beidou is a backup GNSS if the signal lost.

Conclusion: All the 4 type of GNSS must haved in evry devices in 2023. That why all of the smartphones devices support the 4 type of GNSS. Sometime the Beidou doesnt support at the mountain area, so the GLONASS will take cover on it and sometime the GLONASS Doesnt support on the urban building area, so the Beidou will handle it. The RTK dosnt need just for the GLONASS. Just buildin the 4 GNSS in the aircraft body then people will serve the money for your company bro. Not the fake miles!

2023-2-15
Use props
LV_Forestry
Second Officer
Latvia

djiuser_6gyjcRfY55er Posted at 2-15 14:48
Can you think about, why the 2023 smartphones support the all GNSS like Galileo, Beidou, GPS and GLONASS? Every GNSS is needed in every situation, environment and places.

The combination like this:-

I did not understand the purpose of this demonstration which is not really in phase with the subject of the thread.

If you have the source of what you write, I'm interested.  Because among other things I don't understand the difference between GPS+ Galileo and Galileo+GPS, the difference between "city" and "urban area"...  

Moreover, GNSS signals are not selective.  They do not have the ability to detect and emit depending on the environment.  

The big difference is in the quality of the antenna. You can have a receiver that captures and processes all constellations, equipped with a low-end antenna.  Vs a GPS+GLO receiver equipped with high quality antenna, it's not even worth doing the test, we know the result.

In short, all that to say that the original subject of the thread is a warning message from my NTRIP / RINEX provider who at the start of the events of 2022 in Eastern Europe, indicates the GLONASS signal is potentially bad, to use with caution.

2023-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules