DJI mini 2 forum to join for all
2147 23 2022-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adroit
New

India

I am psting here the link for a whatsapp group so that all the dji mini 2 users can join from India and all around the world to help each other out and grow as a community.

DJi mini 2 forum
2022-3-19
Use props
Adroit
New

India

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GSLj1p7MrjP1GFdLgNsObE
2022-3-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why not just encourage them to join the forum here?
2022-3-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 01:01

I think that is a real time chat service not just a bulletin board like the dji forum.
2022-3-20
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-20 18:03
I think that is a real time chat service not just a bulletin board like the dji forum.

Yep, and your phone keeps "pinging" all the time to announce messages.
2022-3-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 3-20 18:03

Seem like another good reason not to use it,  maybe its a culture thing.
2022-3-20
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I've seen Whatsapp cause too many problems with iPhones for my comfort...
2022-3-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 22:22
Seem like another good reason not to use it,  maybe its a culture thing.

It's real time communication not just "wait and see" if someone reads it and replies the next day. You also know who is online all the time. The indicator system here is very flawed. Why is that less useful from the "zoom" video conferences now while wearing silly filters?

2022-3-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 3-20 20:49

Most online forums work the same way with notifications. This one is just very limited. You can always turn them off.
2022-3-21
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

I don't use whatsapp and have no plans to start, since I do not trust the company that makes it (FaceBook) and do not want to do anything to benefit them.  So this India-based forum won't work for me.

That said, I'd like to find a good alternative to DJI's user forum (this one), as it seems DJI has now taken Russia's side in the war in Ukraine, actively working to hurt Ukraine and help the invaders.  That's sad and shameful, but I guess I should not be surprised.  So for the same reasons -- I do not trust the company and do not want to do anything to help them -- it looks like my DJI Mini 2 will be my last DJI product.  I guess I won't be installing that new "screw Ukraine firmware update" or update the app going forward.

Can anyone suggest an active drone forum that would be a good alternative to this one? (not hosted or controlled by DJI, the Chinese or Russian governments or other international outlaws, and with a minimum number of fascist trolls)?  Thanks.
2022-3-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23418189 ft
United States

Because if this was the first drone community I ever joined, I'd sell my drone and never speak of it again.

People aren't nice here.
2022-3-21
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
United States

Well, for one reason, censorship by Chinese authorities.  For another, DJI's support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

I could add a general lack of transparency (eg no changelogs when there's an irreversible firmware update pushed out) demonstrating contempt for customers.

Take your pick.
2022-3-21
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Burstmode Posted at 3-21 17:57
I don't use whatsapp and have no plans to start, since I do not trust the company that makes it (FaceBook) and do not want to do anything to benefit them.  So this India-based forum won't work for me.

That said, I'd like to find a good alternative to DJI's user forum (this one), as it seems DJI has now taken Russia's side in the war in Ukraine, actively working to hurt Ukraine and help the invaders.  That's sad and shameful, but I guess I should not be surprised.  So for the same reasons -- I do not trust the company and do not want to do anything to help them -- it looks like my DJI Mini 2 will be my last DJI product.  I guess I won't be installing that new "screw Ukraine firmware update" or update the app going forward.

Well said and I agree 100%.

2022-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 3-21 18:58
Well, for one reason, censorship by Chinese authorities.  For another, DJI's support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

I could add a general lack of transparency (eg no changelogs when there's an irreversible firmware update pushed out) demonstrating contempt for customers.

Well,  I don't believe theres any credible evidence to support DJI support.
2022-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-21 17:57
Because if this was the first drone community I ever joined, I'd sell my drone and never speak of it again.

People aren't nice here.

Its much nicer in the works section of the forum.
2022-3-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burstmode Posted at 3-21 18:58
Well, for one reason, censorship by Chinese authorities.  For another, DJI's support for the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

This has been blown up out of proportion, from what i can make out, DJI are say that the Aeroscope is experiencing issues in Ukraine due to power and internet outages, as said by DJI official on twitter
2022-3-22
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-22 01:28
This has been blown up out of proportion, from what i can make out, DJI are say that the Aeroscope is experiencing issues in Ukraine due to power and internet outages, as said by DJI official on twitter

Sadly, a LOT of things in Ukraine are being "blown up out of proportion" by you-know-who...things like hospitals, schools, apartment buildings, and bomb shelters full of kids.  I have no doubt that all kinds of things beyond power and internet services are unstable in the country (with Russian tanks firing at the containment structures at nuclear power plants, yeah, things can get unstable).

2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Burstmode Posted at 3-22 08:04
Sadly, a LOT of things in Ukraine are being "blown up out of proportion" by you-know-who...things like hospitals, schools, apartment buildings, and bomb shelters full of kids.  I have no doubt that all kinds of things beyond power and internet services are unstable in the country (with Russian tanks firing at the containment structures at nuclear power plants, yeah, things can get unstable).

Sadly, Ive seen many images of those that you mention,  if ya want a news provider you can count on, try Sky News (UK)
2022-3-22
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 3-22 08:13
Sadly, Ive seen many images of those that you mention,  if ya want a news provider you can count on, try Sky News (UK)

Thanks, there's no shortage of depressing coverage available (well, available to anyone outside of Russia or China, nations deeply afraid of truth and a free press).

On a more positive note, brave little Ukraine appears to have stopped the so-called "mighty" Russian army in its tracks, which after more than 3 weeks in, has completely failed to achieve a single major objective, can't feed or provision it's forces, and has suffered heavy casualties (including about half a dozen Russian generals), and abysmal morale (plenty of tanks and armored vehicles destroyed or just abandoned by troops unwilling to fight).  The Russians can continue to blow up cities and murder kids, but they won't be able to hold onto much of Ukraine, where even in captured towns, citizens continue to stand up to the invaders. Quite humiliating for Putin and his goons.  Ukraine is paying a heavy price, but Russia has already lost this war, and it's not going to end well for them.
2022-3-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23418189 ft
United States

Burstmode Posted at 3-22 08:35
Thanks, there's no shortage of depressing coverage available (well, available to anyone outside of Russia or China, nations deeply afraid of truth and a free press).

On a more positive note, brave little Ukraine appears to have stopped the so-called "mighty" Russian army in its tracks, which after more than 3 weeks in, has completely failed to achieve a single major objective, can't feed or provision it's forces, and has suffered heavy casualties (including about half a dozen Russian generals), and abysmal morale (plenty of tanks and armored vehicles destroyed or just abandoned by troops unwilling to fight).  The Russians can continue to blow up cities and murder kids, but they won't be able to hold onto much of Ukraine, where even in captured towns, citizens continue to stand up to the invaders. Quite humiliating for Putin and his goons.  Ukraine is paying a heavy price, but Russia has already lost this war, and it's not going to end well for them.

Yeah, who knew Russia would be so bad at invading a country...
2022-3-22
Use props
RicoMedeiros
New

Brazil

Bom dia Pessoal!!
Estou em dúvida quanto a compatibilidade do Galaxy S10 lite com o Mini 2. Algum integrante do fórum já testou e/ou sabe me informar se o S10 lite é compatível?
2022-3-30
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

JohnDG Posted at 3-20 20:49

And sucking up your devices battery like a ....well, never mind...you get the point...
2022-3-30
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Burstmode Posted at 3-21 17:57

That said, I'd like to find a good alternative to DJI's user forum (this one), as it seems DJI has now taken Russia's side in the war in Ukraine, actively working to hurt Ukraine and help the invaders.  That's sad and shameful, but I guess I should not be surprised.  So for the same reasons -- I do not trust the company and do not want to do anything to help them -- it looks like my DJI Mini 2 will be my last DJI product.  I guess I won't be installing that new "screw Ukraine firmware update" or update the app going forward.

Would you please stop abusing this forum for propaganda purposes?
Thank you.
2022-3-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this a drone forum? I fail to see how some of these posts are relevant to that.
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules