Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Low battery RC beeps destroying ears
480 11 2022-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaGickXx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 549656 ft

France

Hi,
Can it be finally fixed soon before we all open our RC and burn the speaker ?
It should be simple to let the user set the volume from 0 to 10, or even give 3 volume options : 0, half and max ?....
Sorry but I cannot make it anymore...
This drone is not the cheapest...
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaGickXx. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to the notification alert or beeping sound when the battery is low. I am sorry to say that as of this time the said feature cannot be disabled for safety purposes and for you to be notified that the battery is low. In addition, I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry for the inconvenience. We have forwarded your feedback to our engineer. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-3-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-19 19:13
Hello there DaGickXx. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. With regards to the notification alert or beeping sound when the battery is low. I am sorry to say that as of this time the said feature cannot be disabled for safety purposes and for you to be notified that the battery is low. In addition, I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Hi,

Why not be honest ?  this is asked for many years by several dji drone users.....
And this simple to implement request was never seen in any update!

So just answer ; no  we do not have the intention to change this.

And this too for the RTH beeps, still no options to skip that once it is heard....
cheers
JJB
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-20 03:46
Hi,

Why not be honest ?  this is asked for many years by several dji drone users.....

"Why is he being dishonest?"

. Mavic 2P has the option to change the beeping. And this came after much discussion with the release of M2P it should also be the same with zoom but I have never tried it with zoom. I also am not sure if it works with new RC in new magics or minis because I haven't tried it.  . For some actions it remains on . Like critical battery. But RTH just short press the remote on off button and the beeping stops.
2022-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

On RTH just short press RC on off to silence Beeping. For some actions it will remain on like OA and critical Low battery..

You asked can it be fixed soon. So I’m not sure yours is working or you just didn’t know about it.
2022-3-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 14:35
"Why is he being dishonest?"

. Mavic 2P has the option to change the beeping. And this came after much discussion with the release of M2P it should also be the same with zoom but I have never tried it with zoom. I also am not sure if it works with new RC in new magics or minis because I haven't tried it.  . For some actions it remains on . Like critical battery. But RTH just short press the remote on off button and the beeping stops.

good question, as you are a forum user for many years you know the answer yourself.

Basic DJI reaction to request of users = "I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention".

But some repeated request by users for many years are never implemented, so be 'honest' and just reply that DJI has another opinion on such requests and simply say NO, we will not change this in our software.

RTH beeps cannot be disabled in the FlyApp by short press on the RC.

In aviation the UI with warnings is so simple, first audio and visual warnings, wich can be acknowlegded and silenced with only the visual Red or Amber sign present.

So why not in the DJI software?  Let the remote pilot decide what to do with audio and visual warnings.

OA beeping is oke ; take action to fly away from the 'beeping'. So no need to disable that.
Critical low batt beeping ; change the freq of sound first (diferent to normal beeps) and imo cancelation is oke for me.

cheers
JJB
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-21 00:20
good question, as you are a forum user for many years you know the answer yourself.

Basic DJI reaction to request of users = "I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention".

You can switch off the Rth beeping.

Lots of beeping in many transport vehicles stays on , ie parking sensors, reversing warnings for trucks etc .

And I’m sure there are reasons warnings stay on with drones , this is the same with other drone manufacturers . Critical battery Rth warning, is a simple warning to others that a drone no longer under the control of the operator is coming in to land , this is fair warning.

You said he should be honest. Like he was being dishonest. Yet somewhere along the way someone reported this problem “and it was changed”
The moderator may be required to report what’s being said, its surely not his fault if everything is not implemented and doesn’t mean he’s not reporting .

And you further went on to say rth beeping cannot be turned off . But it can, so this request was partly taken on .
The OP is talking about go4 not fly.

And the beeping on the M3 has been changed. So someone is reporting and someone is listening. So maybe we shouldn't  say these trying to do their job are not honest.
2022-3-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-21 00:33
You can switch off the Rth beeping.

Lots of beeping in many transport vehicles stays on , ie parking sensors, reversing warnings for trucks etc .

"Lots of beeping in many transport vehicles stays on ,
ie parking sensors, reversing warnings for trucks etc
"

Ofcourse they stay on, as the purpose of the warnings is not for the driver but for the people near those vehicles!DJI Beeping alert is for the remote pilot not for the people ect near the drone....
As beeping/alerting is for cockpit members, not for the passengers.
So no need to have the beeping on for longer period after the first alerting, do you know that annoying sound distracting reduces brain capacity?

If a company moderator task is only to report to the company than ofcourse he is always honest.
My honesty is about the company not the person. Guess the company gives feedback to the moderator about what he is reporting....

OP talks about GO4, oke....if in the GO4 app beeping can be cancelled why not in the FlyApp?AFAIK users asked this not only for the GO4 app.

cheers
JJB

2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-21 01:25
"Lots of beeping in many transport vehicles stays on ,
ie parking sensors, reversing warnings for trucks etc "

I think you’ll find beeping particularly for critical Rth is for both the operator and those around him. He’s the person responsible for the drone so will be required to insure the safety of those around the landing area. This makes perfect sense that the beeping comes from the RC as its much easier and more audible to those on the ground than it would be coming from the craft which will always until actual landing be much further away. So giving plenty of warning and time to those in the vicinity. This is pointed out to anyone who has received or took part in commercial training.

I’m certain part of the moderators job is to give feedback as to the concern of the users here on the forum, so I take him/her to being honest when they say they will forward the comments.

If the go4 app beeping can be stopped why not fly app. I agree but that wasn’t any concern on this thread including yourself did not mention anything about fly app. However app is not the concern. The beeping is physical and comes from the remote and is cancelled on the remote. Op didn’t mention go4, you did and fly app.

Although you think no one is reporting its a fact that changes although you can say are slow, they are being made. We now have a much better less screeching beeping with M3 and M2 beeping has some control.

So maybe we keep asking the questions to provide more control for newer remotes for mini air2 S and newer craft. Its not the app and I believe it will always be in the RC for reason I said above, but it can be changed we know that. I don’t think the OP was aware of this so maybe this will help him somewhat.
2022-3-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 3-21 02:08
I think you’ll find beeping particularly for critical Rth is for both the operator and those around him. He’s the person responsible for the drone so will be required to insure the safety of those around the landing area. This makes perfect sense that the beeping comes from the RC as its much easier and more audible to those on the ground than it would be coming from the craft which will always until actual landing be much further away. So giving plenty of warning and time to those in the vicinity. This is pointed out to anyone who has received or took part in commercial training.

I’m certain part of the moderators job is to give feedback as to the concern of the users here on the forum, so I take him/her to being honest when they say they will forward the comments.

Never mind, always twisting around and bring new arguments and not reacting on other arguments.

think you’ll find beeping particularly for critical Rth is for both the operator and those around him. [ around him....as they would understand why it is beeping not seeing the craft far away...., and if they familiar with DJI drones than after the first few beeps cancellation would be understand completely. So continues beeping does not help at all.]
He’s the person responsible for the drone so will be required to insure the safety of those around the landing area. [  true, but than no need for constanting beeping, and if craft is close than cancel the RTH ; so take your remote pilot responsibility and hover the craft untill landing spot and people around is/are safe.... ]

This makes perfect sense that the beeping comes from the RC as its much easier and more audible to those on the ground than it would be coming from the craft [ ofcourse sound comes from the RC and not from the craft, uh, did not say that at all....] which will always until actual landing be much further away. So giving plenty of warning and time to those in the vicinity.
This is pointed out to anyone who has received or took part in commercial training. [ depending on wich organisation gives training ]

I’m certain part of the moderators job is to give feedback as to the concern of the users here on the forum, so I take him/her to being honest when they say they will forward the comments. [ you missed my point, ofcourse they are honest when they say they will forward comments! but imo DJI should answer back that they do not act on some requests and report back if requests are granted and will be seen in the next update. that is being transparant for a commercial company. Not only stating "app optimized" in app updates....]

If the go4 app beeping can be stopped why not fly app. I agree but that wasn’t any concern on this thread including yourself did not mention anything about fly app. However app is not the concern [ oops,  app is also controlling the RC in the activation of RTH, so ofcourse is the app the concern ]. The beeping is physical and comes from the remote and is cancelled on the remote. Op didn’t mention go4, you did and fly app. [uh, read your post #9 ; "The OP is talking about go4 not fly" ]

I will stop now, guess in some points agree and on some we disagree, but that is oke on a public forum.

Cheers
JJB
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

JJB* Posted at 3-21 03:39
Never mind, always twisting around and bring new arguments and not reacting on other arguments.

think you’ll find beeping particularly for critical Rth is for both the operator and those around him. [ around him....as they would understand why it is beeping not seeing the craft far away...., and if they familiar with DJI drones than after the first few beeps cancellation would be understand completely. So continues beeping does not help at all.]

Nobody twisted anything. But as you insulted Thor , you have no problem insulting others.

“but than no need for constanting beeping, and if craft is close than cancel the RTH ; so take your remote pilot responsibility and hover the craft untill landing spot and people around is/are safe....”

You cannot do this in critical RTH and as I have explained with M2P you can turn off beeping in normal RTH

“depending on wich organisation gives training “

Maybe point out this commercial training body.

“Not only stating "app optimized" in app updates”

So many apps in fact hundreds apply this. So nothing new here. Can be frustrating but its something we see in most app updates.

[ oops,  app is controlling the RC in the activation of RTH”
Nobody said it wasn’t. Oops how does it do this when the app is not available.?

In this thread the OP was clearly referring to M2P and that was very clear. There was no twisting of what you said and much of it was wrong. You obviously cannot take criticism, so decide to accuse others of something they didn’t do. You don’t point out anywhere I twisted anything except to say you were referring your comment to DJI but addressing it to Thor . That’s fine but make it clear because you don’t mention this until I brought it up.

Lastly RTH details at ATO are baked into the Craft and you don’t need the app to use RTH and saying otherwise is just plain wrong.
And `#9 post I mentioned Go4 in response to your previous post. IE this was about RC beeping you brought up the apps and its clear the op is talking about M@ which uses Go4

If you wish to comment back please do it without opening with insults.
2022-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules