Is the RC Pro included with 2S compatible with the Mavic 3
1103 5 2022-3-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

On B&H web site, B&H states that the RC Pro Controller, that comes with the Fly More Combo for $1749, is only compatible with the 2s Air and not the Mavic 3
Can anyone confirm this?  I'd like to buy the RC Pro, but want it to be comaptible with the Mavic 3 if I ever upgrade.
2022-3-19
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Since the last update, the RC Pro IS compatible with the Mavic 3. It does a short "firmware update" when switching between the two, but no big deal.
2022-3-19
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-19 14:50
Since the last update, the RC Pro IS compatible with the Mavic 3. It does a short "firmware update" when switching between the two, but no big deal.

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.  B&H was saying it was not compatible, only with the 2S.
Figured an RC Pro is an RC Pro and just needed updated.
2022-3-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Electromen Posted at 3-19 15:15
Thanks, I was hoping that was the case.  B&H was saying it was not compatible, only with the 2S.
Figured an RC Pro is an RC Pro and just needed updated.

It was first marketed that way. But it looks like that has changed for the better. It was a real bargain as part of the Aires package especially for those also with M3 on their wishlist. Good luck.
2022-3-19
Use props
Vhmtg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103215 ft
United States

Be VERY VERY Careful what trust as true.  If I were you, I would find another user with the setup you desire and MAKE SURE.   It appears that the RC Pro is an updated version of what I have.  When I was purchasing my last new drone I asked the questions as to whether the Controller (RM500) was fully compatible with the 2S .  Was promised oh yes, definitely.  Unfortunately, they lied.  They were not wrong.... they unfortunately KNEW about the portion that was not compatible and calculated that I would not use that portion.  DJI has always set the ascend and descend controls backwards.  In Airplanes, "Pull Back" means you go up and "Push Forward" means to descend.  Those 2 functions should NEVER be confused.

In the previous drones (Phantom4 and Mavic 2) the stick controls could be reconfigured using Custom Setup.    So, back to current condition,  I was promised they were compatible, so I bought the drone that fit my needs at the time. HAD I KNOWN that there was an issue, I would have purchased the same drone as the previous one.  

As I stated before, it was not compatible.  The Custom Stick configurations were super wacky. They couldn't be changed like on the previous drones. If you could get them to change at all, they would only change in pairs so if one wanted to correct the UP/DOWN then something else had to be changed also.  Meaning that either Yaw, or Rotate had to be backwards also.  

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=246668

DJI Controller (RM500) Not allow Custom Stick mode. The RC231 Does.

I spent oh so many hours with tech support. Back and forth.   For 76 days (that is not a typo... it was Seventy Six days.) And finally I couldn't take it any more. I thought I could last longer than they (the support group) and they would have to eventually give a resolution (it was only a software bug they need to address) but I could not.  During that process, I was contacted by several other users that had the very same issue and had the same or greater frustration level.

It actually destroyed all the fun I was having with it and as a result, I've only flown one time since.   When buying equipment, I really thought DJI was a good upstanding company but they definitely upset a lot of people on this issue.  I just wanted to share because I started with the same question as you.

I see they have increased the price on the new one several hundred dollars.
2022-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. Thanks for reaching us. When DJI RC Pro is updated to v03.01.0500 or later, the DJI Mavic 3 Series and DJI Air 2S are supported.

2022-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules