Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Overloaded
559 5 2022-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

So not really asking what the error message means,as it is pretty self explanatory.  Just wondering realy more about people's experience with this error.  Specifically, I have a Mavic 2 Pro that I used for a orthomosaic automated mission of a large 98 acre property.  Upon completing the automated mission, (about two hours in total of flying plus various battery changes), I then went to make some ground level pictures of some features on the property.  While doing this, there was a slight uptick in the wind, but nothing bad that I have not flown in before.  I began to get the gimbal overloaded message.  I had another drone with me, so rather than troubleshoot,I switched to my backup.  

I plan on checking out the M2 Pro tomorrow and start with a gimbal calibration etc.  But is this is common happening when the drone is worked hard non-stop?  I have several Mavic 2 Pro's but have not really got a lot of experience with multi-hour missions on them.  Thanks for any input!

2022-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Tony. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please if you are flying in sports mode during the duration of the flight? In addition, Also, you might experience this issue if the aircraft is powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal. Kindly please perform the gimbal calibration on this, you may also perform the firmware refresh via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-20
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-20 21:29
Hi, Tony. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please if you are flying in sports mode during the duration of the flight? In addition, Also, you might experience this issue if the aircraft is powered on when it is placed on an uneven surface or when a foreign object has jammed the gimbal. Kindly please perform the gimbal calibration on this, you may also perform the firmware refresh via DJI Assistant 2 to see if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you for your valued support.

Hello Paladin, I was flying in P - GPS mode, no sport.  Other than the long time flying, several hours, really nothing special this day.  I did do a gimbal calibration just now and it appeared to move freely, and no challenges with the calibration, so for now this Mavic 2 Pro lives to fly another day.   I keep a backup handy, so it will not pose a problem if it fails entirely.
2022-3-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-20 21:39
Hello Paladin, I was flying in P - GPS mode, no sport.  Other than the long time flying, several hours, really nothing special this day.  I did do a gimbal calibration just now and it appeared to move freely, and no challenges with the calibration, so for now this Mavic 2 Pro lives to fly another day.   I keep a backup handy, so it will not pose a problem if it fails entirely.

Thank you for your response, Tony. Glad that the issue already isolates with the Gimbal calibration. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a blessed day ahead, Tony!
2022-3-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-22 20:43
Thank you for your response, Tony. Glad that the issue already isolates with the Gimbal calibration. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Have a blessed day ahead, Tony!

You too.  And now that the Mavic 3 firmware update is out, I really want you to have a great day!! ; )
2022-3-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 3-23 08:03
You too.  And now that the Mavic 3 firmware update is out, I really want you to have a great day!! ; )

Thank you, Tony. Take care always!
2022-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules