Battery Maintenance
3442 2 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vdaerthe
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi everyone. I just bought my DJI FPV and during the test flight it said that battery maintenance required. So I charged the battery fully and currently waiting for 24 hours to pass. According to manual I should discharge the battery until 20% remains by hovering the drone at low altitude. Unfortunately I will not be able to go outdoors today to do this. My question is this, is it possible to just put the battery into the drone and just power it on in the room and wait until 20% battery remains? I heard that it will take approximately one hour to deplete the battery by this method so if I wait around 45 minutes it will be enough. I am very inexperienced in this subject and any help will be very appreciated. Thanks.
2022-3-21
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yes you can do this, and it will be kinder to the battery.

I used to do this with my Phantom 2 batteries and 3DR Solo batteries. In fact the current 3DR Solo APP has this process automated. If you want to speed the process up a bit without going outside, or risking death and destruction in your house, you could arm the quad with the props off and leave the motors running.
2022-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and DJI engineers are currently working on positioning and solving it. When the prompt "Battery Repair Required" appears, please ignore it and fly as usual. This prompt will not affect the flight safety. Please continue to use the device worry free. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules