[POLL RESULT] Are you upgrading to f/w 01.04.000 ?
123Next >
7337 84 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_zjngOJnqzKmc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236834 ft

Romania

My gimbal Has a noise sound with this new update. My dji is new. youtube.com/shorts/t7AVm7Cgl6k?feature=share
2022-3-23
Use props
Macked
Second Officer
Flight distance : 115318 ft
United States

I updated no issues.
2022-3-23
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

HI, jist to let you know, I have a Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, running Android 12, Dji Fly Version 1.5.10.1170 and updated to the latest firmware version 04.11.0032. I flew around over the past weekend and had zero problems. No issues with range or flight stability. I had no height fluctuations that some have talked about. I had no problems with signal or GPS. I was also able to acquire the satellites fairly quickly. Just to let others know.
2022-3-24
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Well, the results are in and almost 65% of users here intend NOT to upgrade to v01.04.0000.

It seems some new issues are being reported on the forum as well - although whether these are genuinely related to this f/w is being debated.

I hate the no-rollback 'feature', that is the main reason I'm not upgrading. With the Mini 3 imminent I doubt whether there will be another update, and if there are genuine issues with this version I do not want to be stuck without the option to downgrade.

I don't use Drone Hack etc so I feel my concerns are legitimate concerns. I don't want to circumvent legitimate restrictions, but no being able to downgrade if issues arise - that's just not on.

v01.03.0000 is working for me, so unless the update is forced, I'll be staying there unless a new version comes along with genuine improvements.
2022-3-30
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I updated the other day because I had an issue with the drone not allowing me to go up in altitude and then going into landing mode at about 60-80 feet up.

After the update, everything has been fine.
2022-3-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-30 09:39
I updated the other day because I had an issue with the drone not allowing me to go up in altitude and then going into landing mode at about 60-80 feet up.

After the update, everything has been fine.

Did you also update the Fly Safe DB at the same time?
2022-3-30
Use props
Curtis-Randall.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1155663 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’ll be waiting with the previous firmware
2022-3-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-21 07:22
That’s highly unlikely unless their security is breached , only seen this forced update once on DJI drones since 2015. One other time with matrice for critical issue after craft was grounded.

So you can sit where you are but be advised that you need to shutdown auto app update also. If you want things to remain exactly the same.

I was forced to update an fpv and it's goggles. By mistake I had the phone's wifi active when the phone was connected to the goggles. Something checked and found an update waiting, 015, now I can not roll back. I could not fly with the update notice showing in the goggles and I could not dismiss the notice so had to updated. Not happy.
Wifi off from now on, I may even remove the phones I use for flying from the router.
2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_HwF7TPyNcJFW
lvl.3

Sweden

I was stupid and had the app on auto download, now it's promting me to update.

On my FPV i got away, an it wil not be connected to any internet devica again
2022-3-30
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 3-30 09:46
Did you also update the Fly Safe DB at the same time?

Yes, I did on both drones.
2022-3-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-30 14:20
Yes, I did on both drones.

There are quite a few reports now of the Mini 2 failing to climb at some point during the first flight after a Fly Safe DB update.

Most common is of the aircraft flies below zero height, but also done reports of just failing to climb back up after descent.

I think I even saw another report of the aircraft saying it was landing at 60m or something as well (unless you reported this issue in another thread and that's what I read).

That first flight after a Fly Safe DB update seems precarious, though.
2022-3-30
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 3-30 23:14
There are quite a few reports now of the Mini 2 failing to climb at some point during the first flight after a Fly Safe DB update.

Most common is of the aircraft flies below zero height, but also done reports of just failing to climb back up after descent.

Mine had this issue before I updated. Didn't after the update.
2022-3-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-30 08:52
Well, the results are in and almost 65% of users here intend NOT to upgrade to v01.04.0000.

It seems some new issues are being reported on the forum as well - although whether these are genuinely related to this f/w is being debated.

Ah, that's interesting... editing the poll post title to mark the poll as complete seems to have re-opened the poll...

...and the percentage of users NOT upgrading has now dropped to 54% (at the time of writing).

Will be interesting to see how this goes with another week of polling.
2022-3-31
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

TomKatt Posted at 3-21 07:07
I'm going to sit this one out unless some improvement is discovered...

On a side note - as a newbie, I thought I had read somewhere that eventually the Go Fly app will require the firmware be updated, otherwise it prevents flight?

This is China! No normal behavior can be expected! If you have Corona, your front door will be welded shut. Problem solved!
2022-3-31
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

No Original Thought Posted at 3-30 23:14

Regarding: "Most common is of the aircraft flies below zero height, but also done reports of just failing to climb back up after descent."

Normal behavior before present firmware.
I started the Mini from the roof of my car, then sent it flying over a meadow a few meters below the parking area: Negative height display, no issues.

Sure, height should not be a relative figure - but it has some benefits.
If flying was locked to positive heights, you couldn't send your drone to any areas below your liftoff point.
A setting for choosing the behavior would be a nice addition to further app updates.
2022-4-2
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-2 06:19
Regarding: "Most common is of the aircraft flies below zero height, but also done reports of just failing to climb back up after descent."

Normal behavior before present firmware.
The two paragraphs are talking about the same issue... As in "the most common version of the failing to climb issue was  after a Fly Safe Database update and the aircraft would fail to climb above a height of zero." There are a number of reports of this behaviour after updating the FSDb on the forum and that is not normal behaviour.

The drone can't really know anything other than relative height above/bwlow the take off point.

It could display GPS altitude, but without a database of ground level everywhere this information would be pretty useless. At least relative height is with reference to something that you do know.
2022-4-2
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

No Original Thought Posted at 4-2 07:03
The two paragraphs are talking about the same issue... As in "the most common version of the failing to climb issue was  after a Fly Safe Database update and the aircraft would fail to climb above a height of zero." There are a number of reports of this behaviour after updating the FSDb on the forum and that is not normal behaviour.

The drone can't really know anything other than relative height above/bwlow the take off point.

Ah, I see!

I also read about that other issue - but interpreted the "fly below zero" issue as just flying while a negative height is displayed, which I don't see as a flaw.

In this light, it really smells like the database update being the culprit or at least connected to that. Also reminds of some issues reported by Indian users.
But whatever the reason - doesn't help building trust in the new firmware.

Regarding GPS height: In German we'd call this a "Schätzeisen" (like "rusty chunk of metal just good for getting something like an idea" - hard to translate). In short: Unreliable, especially with the lack of ground elevation data. Using that value alone would trigger a false sense of safety. Thus it's good thing DJI doesn't seem to rely on that data.
2022-4-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-3 00:03
Ah, I see!

I also read about that other issue - but interpreted the "fly below zero" issue as just flying while a negative height is displayed, which I don't see as a flaw.

Agree on both points, though the height thing is a difficult one to solve.

A database of ground levels and ground structures (because height above a building is actually more important than height above the ground it's built on in some/most cases) would be enormous and almost impossible to keep up to date.

The only option I can see is to have a longer range, more accurate version of the Downward Vision System that works accurately up to a few hundred metres. Enter that's possible with current tech in such a small size survey I don't know
2022-4-3
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

No Original Thought Posted at 4-3 00:26
Agree on both points, though the height thing is a difficult one to solve.

A database of ground levels and ground structures (because height above a building is actually more important than height above the ground it's built on in some/most cases) would be enormous and almost impossible to keep up to date.

Yep!

I also wouldn't rely on elevation databases, not at all. Just look at the Google data used for 3D rendering - masses of faults, rivers, lakes and streets flowing 90 ° upwards, "holes" in the ground, real hills being perfectly flat, etc.
And we can safely presume a tremendous amount of manpower and money flowing into gaining and processing that data.
And even if we had 100 % precise elevation data, sudden changes (like a fallen tree or a car parked on a meadow) wouldn't show up. So - no way.

For being able to safely detect elevation changes, it would need a combination of GPS, barometer, ground radar, sonar, infrared/laser and optical cameras. Given the current limits of technology and weight, I don't expect this coming soon. ;)
2022-4-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 4-3 01:00
Yep!

I also wouldn't rely on elevation databases, not at all. Just look at the Google data used for 3D rendering - masses of faults, rivers, lakes and streets flowing 90 ° upwards, "holes" in the ground, real hills being perfectly flat, etc.

If you think Google's elevation days was bad you should search for dinner of the anomalies in Microsoft flight simulator 2020.

That used bing maps data and there were some really funny results including an assisted at the bottom of a massive vertical chasm, lots of bridges under rivers, vertical roads etc
2022-4-3
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

No Original Thought Posted at 4-3 03:05
If you think Google's elevation days was bad you should search for dinner of the anomalies in Microsoft flight simulator 2020.

That used bing maps data and there were some really funny results including an assisted at the bottom of a massive vertical chasm, lots of bridges under rivers, vertical roads etc

Haha! I know! There's countless funny videos on YT.
And parts of natural landscape interpreted as tall buildings, cars mismatched with foliage, so trees grow in the middle of a street, also lakes gradually changing their elevation - a paradise for water skiers lacking a boat.
It's endless fun. And clearly shows the limitations on the safe us of elevation data.
2022-4-3
Use props
VaporRyder
lvl.2
Flight distance : 494925 ft
United Kingdom

I'm new and have purchased the Mini 2, Air 2S, and FPV in the last few weeks. I am fully aware that a new Mini 3 and Mini FPV may be just around the corner; but I'm in the 'buy what's good and available when you need it' camp and I can always invest in more later, cash permitting.

If I understand correctly, I had no choice but to upgrade to the latest firmware on all my new drones and that it's now impossible to 'roll back' if I don't like it. To be fair, I wouldn't know what was good or not. I'm just loving the experience and have no framework to 'dislike' anything. Sweet innocence is a beautiful thing!

2022-4-3
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well seeing as though you can't connect Mini 2 to DJI Assistant to even refresh firmware let alone downgrade so yeah, upgrade all you want.

Edit: No you totally can, NOT is correct haha
2022-4-4
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DubSound Posted at 4-4 03:42
Well seeing as though you can't connect Mini 2 to DJI Assistant to even refresh firmware let alone downgrade so yeah, upgrade all you want.
Yes you can... There are a number of YouTube videos and posts on here about how to do it

You simply need to edit a simple config file to enable the firmware options in the software.

(You won't be able to bypass the downgrade lock in 01.04.0000, though)
2022-4-4
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 4-4 04:15
Yes you can... There are a number of YouTube videos and posts on here about how to do it

You simply need to edit a simple config file to enable the firmware options in the software.

You are indeed correct, my bad dude
2022-4-4
Use props
otomek77
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6819160 ft
Poland

neoborg Posted at 3-21 04:47
I updated without any hesitation and found none of the problems which had been discussed on these forums and elsewhere.

If I had read about the issues beforehand, I might not have updated my drone's firmware so quickly.  But, as it happens, I don't appear to be experiencing any issues.

GPS issue is definitely problem of this update...now time of fix is double or longer....
2022-4-4
Use props
dji-drones
lvl.1

Italy

i ll update it is always usefull on dji drones
2022-4-6
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dji-drones Posted at 4-6 00:31
i ll update it is always usefull on dji drones

Do you know of anything useful in this update?
2022-4-6
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 4-6 11:55
Do you know of anything useful in this update?

Optimized Safety
2022-4-12
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 4-12 14:25
Optimized Safety
Which in this update seems to translate to "Disables apps such as Drone Hacks".

If you don't use Drone Hacks etc then this update does nothing to optimize safety (as far as had been reported).
2022-4-12
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 4-12 23:16
Which in this update seems to translate to "Disables apps such as Drone Hacks".

If you don't use Drone Hacks etc then this update does nothing to optimize safety (as far as had been reported).

Unless you count reports of "doesn't fly as well or as far", which makes things safer because they're not so far away
2022-4-15
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 08:56
Unless you count reports of "doesn't fly as well or as far", which makes things safer because they're not so far away

You know what?

I almost wrote that exact thing about not being able to fly as far as well, except that RC disconnects could never be considered safe... Unless... Hmmm, maybe in the case of that bloke who flew his Mini 2 in the severe storm a few weeks ago - an RC disconnect before he took off might have been considered a safety improvement!
2022-4-15
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well, that was nice!

Turned on today and got a notice that I needed to update the FlySafe DB.

Clicked ok and it updated the firmware!!n

I didn't want to update to this new firmware, but the misleading message updated the guests and then the fly Safe DB.

Flight went off without any problems, but not a happy camper, here.

2022-4-24
Use props
Alexandru225
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067982 ft
Romania

I updated, i have trust in new fw, but i'm very sorry now, rc signal is reduced, i don't see any improvement, i wuld like to downgrade it , or i'm waiting a new release of fw
2022-4-25
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've been testing to the limit of VLOS (approx 400m) over the last couple of days and have only had one very brief 'RC Signal Interference' message.

I've been flying in very open areas for a change, so will reserve judgement until I fly in a built up area again.
2022-4-25
Use props
JT437
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15709 ft
United Kingdom

I've already updated - only got the Mini 2 a few weeks ago, and immediately did a F/W update. I'm the sort of person who always updates everything more or less straight away. I didn't know there were issues, and had I known, I may not have updated. But I've not encountered any problems myself on v1.04 but then I'm fairly new to drones, so ... don't know.
2022-4-25
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I still believe there may be some combination of geographic location and mobile device that might be the cuplrit...  Certainly there has been no repeatable evidence that any issues exist.  Most people seem to have no issues, while a forum is bound to attract any perceived negative experience...
2022-4-27
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Finland

TomKatt Posted at 4-27 07:39
I still believe there may be some combination of geographic location and mobile device that might be the cuplrit...  Certainly there has been no repeatable evidence that any issues exist.  Most people seem to have no issues, while a forum is bound to attract any perceived negative experience...

Indeed, I had a first ever long anchoring time and I'm 100% sure it is about russians. We have NOTAM's for GPS interference at eastern border and especially at Kaliningrad area. Even temporarily closed ATIS airport (EFSA) close to russian border here due to GPS jamming and it was coming east from Finland.  Some outdoor people have had issues for smart watches GPS position jumping -+ like 300 miles while at eastern part of Finland. So it is evident that russians are jamming GPS at least here close to their border.

Then other issue is "Selective Deniability" that USA(?) may use, they can downgrade the quality of GPS signal accuracy  as they wish, locally where ever they like.  That used to be "Selective Availability" SA as grownups here may remember.
EDIT: PS, I have no idea why on earth this forum keeps thinking I'm at states, no I'm here with Santa Claus in Finnish Lapland at arctic circle.
2022-4-28
Use props
Snoopy70
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4762470 ft
Canada

No, I’m going to give this one a miss.
2022-4-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 4-15 08:56

Unless DJI has restricted the drone to 500m then even blocking DH etc makes little difference whatsoever to safety, it's just a crock of poop because the drone can travel far further than 500m even without DH.

What they have done though is show the governments that they are striving to keep an active role in making these as safe as possible by closing backdoors (in this case) and keeping the drones within the corresponding countries laws re radio signal strength. After all, if it can be hacked then it is the fault of the manufacturer, not the hacker's perse.

Thats my take on it anyway, i have nothing to back this is up, it is just an opinion.
2022-4-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules