[POLL RESULT] Are you upgrading to f/w 01.04.000 ?
7318 84 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 4-28 20:22
Unless DJI has restricted the drone to 500m then even blocking DH etc makes little difference whatsoever to safety, it's just a crock of poop because the drone can travel far further than 500m even without DH.

What they have done though is show the governments that they are striving to keep an active role in making these as safe as possible by closing backdoors (in this case) and keeping the drones within the corresponding countries laws re radio signal strength. After all, if it can be hacked then it is the fault of the manufacturer, not the hacker's perse.

Sounds about right to me... Gotta make it look like they are at least making an effort to make their drones comply with legislation.
2022-4-30
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 4-30 14:25
Sounds about right to me... Gotta make it look like they are at least making an effort to make their drones comply with legislation.
Mind you, since that sneaky update I have had an RC disconnect on my first flight two days out of four. Never had one at all before the 01.04 update.

Both times out over the sea in clear line of sight. Both times I flew out to a point and lost RC connection about 20m flying back along the same track flown out. First time was around 200m away, second time was at only about 80m away!

After regaining RC and cancelling the failsafe RTH I continued flying without problems in the same place and at even greater distances!
2022-4-30
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I don't tend to do an update as they don't improve anything for the Mini 2, I haven't  flown for about a month so this morning I start every thing up to do a check and it now wont let me do anything until I up date to 01.04.000, not happy I don't have the option to choose, so It looks like I have no choice.
2022-5-22
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

Dale 68 Posted at 5-22 00:15
Well I don't tend to do an update as they don't improve anything for the Mini 2, I haven't  flown for about a month so this morning I start every thing up to do a check and it now wont let me do anything until I up date to 01.04.000, not happy I don't have the option to choose, so It looks like I have no choice.

That’s why I always fly offline. Maybe deleting the app and reinstalling it will help.
2022-5-22
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All sorted, I downloaded the app but didn't install it, because I realised I hadn't plugged my phone into the controller, that's why I couldn't do anything with it
2022-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules