[POLL RESULT] Are you upgrading to f/w 01.04.000 ?
123Next >
7335 84 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

The new Mini 2 firmware (v01.04.000) may be the most controversial yet.

Reports that rollbacks to previous fw versions are now disabled and issues with vertical stability, among other things, have been discussed on the forum and in YouTube videos.

So, are you going to upgrade to this version or not?

Vote and leave a comment if you feel the need.

Single SelectVote, Total 134 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-3-21
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I updated without any hesitation and found none of the problems which had been discussed on these forums and elsewhere.

If I had read about the issues beforehand, I might not have updated my drone's firmware so quickly.  But, as it happens, I don't appear to be experiencing any issues.
2022-3-21
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

I'm going to sit this one out unless some improvement is discovered...

On a side note - as a newbie, I thought I had read somewhere that eventually the Go Fly app will require the firmware be updated, otherwise it prevents flight?
2022-3-21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

TomKatt Posted at 3-21 07:07
I'm going to sit this one out unless some improvement is discovered...

On a side note - as a newbie, I thought I had read somewhere that eventually the Go Fly app will require the firmware be updated, otherwise it prevents flight?

It has been suggested that DJI might introduce that in a future DJI Fly update.

I'm not aware that there is currently any time limit to update fw in the aircraft, though.

The worry would be if a DJI Fly update and aircraft fw update were required to fly... especially with Mini 2 firmware updates looking less likely with the Mini 3 release imminent.
2022-3-21
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

I'm probably going to wait for the next one given all the connection and stability issues that have been reported.
2022-3-21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

blue_canyon21 Posted at 3-21 07:17
I'm probably going to wait for the next one given all the connection and stability issues that have been reported.

I just hope there is a next one (and that it does fix the remaining issues such as tap to focus).
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TomKatt Posted at 3-21 07:07
I'm going to sit this one out unless some improvement is discovered...

That’s highly unlikely unless their security is breached , only seen this forced update once on DJI drones since 2015. One other time with matrice for critical issue after craft was grounded.

So you can sit where you are but be advised that you need to shutdown auto app update also. If you want things to remain exactly the same.
2022-3-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 3-21 07:22
That’s highly unlikely unless their security is breached , only seen this forced update once on DJI drones since 2015. One other time with matrice for critical issue after craft was grounded.

So you can sit where you are but be advised that you need to shutdown auto app update also. If you want things to remain exactly the same.

How do you shut down auto update please? is it in the apps settings before you go fly?
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bashy Posted at 3-21 07:47
How do you shut down auto update please? is it in the apps settings before you go fly?

Whatever device you use ie iPhone iPad etc turn off auto app updates. It wont update and apps you need updating you just have to list or update as you wish.
2022-3-21
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-21 07:47

In the Android version of the FlyApp you can switch off automatic updates for the FW and the app itselfe in the app.
2022-3-21
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Updated, recalibrated Imu and zero issues for me
2022-3-21
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

MySky Posted at 3-21 08:23
In the Android version of the FlyApp you can switch off automatic updates for the FW and the app itselfe in the app.

FW?  What does that stand for
2022-3-21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 3-21 09:01
Updated, recalibrated Imu and zero issues for me

I did wonder if an IMU recalibration might help with the height fluctuations... still not a fan of the no-rollback, though, personally...
2022-3-21
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

hunterws Posted at 3-21 09:32
FW?  What does that stand for

Really ?
FW=Firmware
2022-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Already done it.  
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-22 00:52
Thanks, finally found it and i had already turned it off
Although this doesn't bode well for the future, i.e. new drones onwards that will require the app updates, i think i have a way around that though, it will just have to mean a dedicated device for the Mini 2 :/ But having said that, the way DJI is heading what with the removing Ukraine from Aeroscope, i can't see me investing in another DJI product for some time, yep, cutting my nose off to spite my face but hey, it's my face... FWIW, DJI have denied this, so im still digging through the media at present..

Quote: "But having said that, the way DJI is heading what with the removing Ukraine from Aeroscope, ..."
Did they? Any proof?
I just saw a typical shady propaganda post ("According to recent reports ...", "I read ...", posted by an "Ukrainian drone operator" which the forum detected as posting from Austria) in the other thread, but no sign of any evidence.
Did I overlook anything?
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 3-22 01:01
Quote: "But having said that, the way DJI is heading what with the removing Ukraine from Aeroscope, ..."
Did they? Any proof?
I just saw a typical shady propaganda post in the other thread, but no sign of any evidence.

I was still editing the post, DJI deny any wrongdoing so to speak but does state that Ukraine Aeroscopes are having issues

Wow, now the mods have blocked the post when as i had finally finished editing and it ended up in DIJ's favour, go figure, i was trying to get the link to show to the official DJI quote
2022-3-22
Use props
Dale 68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 338468 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Haven't updated,  If it aint broke and all that.
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-22 01:03
I was still editing the post, DJI deny any wrongdoing so to speak but does state that Ukraine Aeroscopes are having issues

So how about posting AFTER you know about what you are stating instead of spreading nonproven rumours started by obviously fake first-post-after-registration "According to ... I heard ..." claims?

I already mentioned it, but obviously a repetition could be helpful: This is a DRONE FORUM, not a propaganda place.

And about Aeroscope having issues: What do you expect from a war zone with more military signal jammers than sand grains at a beach?
---

Back to topic: I refuse this update just because it doesn't allow reverting to a previous firmware. THIS is a step DJI should urgently reconsider as it prevents returning to a proven stable and safe firmware.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 3-22 01:08
So how about posting AFTER you know about what you are stating instead of spreading nonproven rumours started by obviously fake first-post-after-registration "According to ... I heard ..." claims?

Yeah, cause thats how the internet works...
...at the time of my reply i based it on the information i already knew, not lies, just skewed some and i quickly rectified it but the link to the DJI twitter reply was showing as black (to me) and on a black background (i copied the statement) so it brought over the formatting. Whilst i was trying to get the link to show (changed the text background) someone had reported my reply (i wonder???)  so it was too late by then.

You know whats frigging funny though, all the cr@p that gets posted and the abuse members give out to each other and the mods go and block my measly reply that ends in their favour(ish) because it linked to an official DJI reply from Adam Lisberg.

Sorry, didnt realise you got a promotion, why dont you go an troll the rest of the forum, you will find far worse than my wee reply!!!
2022-3-22
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 3-22 01:08

I already mentioned it, but obviously a repetition could be helpful: This is a DRONE FORUM, not a propaganda place.

While I agree with your skepticism around the blocking, I don't think it's irrelevant to discuss the issue here because it could directly affect people's choice whether or not to upgrade or even purchase DJI products in the future.

The other thread on this forum that is overtly political may be out of place depending on your opinion, but I think the discussion in this thread has been pretty 'factual' so far.

We don't just action or political beliefs at the ballot box, we also view with our money and where we choose to spend it

As the saying goes, "The first casualty of war is truth". The media does not present facts, it presents a skewed version of events to fit an agenda. That is no different to social media, except in degrees of skew.

So long as we greet any information with some critical thought and skepticism we can attempt to turn our own informed opinions.
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-22 01:17
Yeah, cause thats how the internet works...
...at the time of my reply i based it on the information i already knew, not lies, just skewed some and i quickly rectified it but the link to the DJI twitter reply was showing as black (to me) and on a black background (i copied the statement) so it brought over the formatting. Whilst i was trying to get the link to show (changed the text background) someone had reported my reply (i wonder???)  so it was too late by then.

Because you like to see things in solely you own favor.

1. I did not report you. I reported the "Ukrainian drone operator" (from Austria) post - but DJI did not remove it.
2. It's not the issue that you stated there are problems with Aeroscope - which is just natural at a place where signal jamming is done all around the clock. The issue is drawing nonproven conclusions and linking these to real-world statements, resulting in defaming DJI in a propagandistic way.
So just stick to facts, not to "I heard ... According to ..." first-time-posts from Austria claiming to be from Ukraine.
Thus I can fully understand and second the moderators' decision.
3. Of course a lot of crap gets posted. But if it does no harm - why not? Often it's quite funny.
But things causing harm are a different side of the medal.
4. I got a promotion? I didn't notice, so could you please put me into the picture?

5. Now let's be friends again.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-22 01:31
While I agree with your skepticism around the blocking, I don't think it's irrelevant to discuss the issue here because it could directly affect people's choice whether or not to upgrade or even purchase DJI products in the future.

The other thread on this forum that is overtly political may be out of place depending on your opinion, but I think the discussion in this thread has been pretty 'factual' so far.

Well said, you're better with words than i am lol
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 3-22 01:32
Because you like to see things in solely you own favor.

1. I did not report you. I reported the "Ukrainian drone operator" (from Austria) post - but DJI did not remove it.

I am bored now so i will address #4, i thought you were a forum moderator the way you was harping on.
2022-3-22
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

A most definite “Nooooooooooo!” from me.

I bought the hardware therefore I own the hardware, and I am free to use it in any way I see fit. If that means modifying the firmware to disable NFZ’s, or increasing the ERP of the transmission system, then I should be free to do it without any interference from the manufacturer. Flying a drone that doesn’t have embedded NFZ’s is not a crime, nor is owning a drone with a transmit power greater than the license exempt ISM schedule dictates. Therefore what DJI are doing is unethical and overreaching.

I have been accused of breaching a contract with DJI, that I agreed to when I activated the drone. This simply isn’t true as that was pertaining to any attempted warranty claim, and as I haven’t made a warranty claim with DJI since I first started using their gear back in 2011, and I have no intention of doing so in the future, the topic is null and void.

All my DJI gear has been modified in one way or another so it works best for me. I also stopped using the DJI Fly APP as soon as Litchi and Maven were in Beta.

I bought the hardware, I didn’t lease it.
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

No Original Thought Posted at 3-22 01:31

The other thread on this forum that is overtly political may be out of place depending on your opinion, but I think the discussion in this thread has been pretty 'factual' so far.

I upvoted your post.

Problem is not discussing about things and differing opinions, problem is linking hearsay with facts.
Example: Someone claiming to be a drone operator in U. (system detects him posting from Austria) claims that DJI intentionally blocks Aeroscope in U. - at a place where signals are jammed by the miltitary of both parties, DJI acknowledging issues in that area. Of course! Aeroscope cannot work in areas where signals get jammed. That's the fact. But claiming DJI blocking Aeroscope is nothing but hearsay.
And that's the same "Bashy" did - taking DJI's confirmation of the issues as a proof of DJI deliberately degrading Aeroscope performance in favor of one of the war parties.
And that's where the red line was crossed, where information turned into propaganda.
Something we should keep away from this forum.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Landey Posted at 3-22 01:45
I upvoted your post.

Problem is not discussing about things and differing opinions, problem is linking hearsay with facts.

No I didn't, or it wasnt my intention, i was editing the post before you jumped on it fully-fledged, yes i post in haste and when i read it back i find that its not how it sounded in my head, hence the editing, you just didnt give me time to finish, i rectified it in parts, read a part edited, read another part, fact checked again and edited it, all in the space of about what 15 minutes and it ended in DJI's favour.

And your basis that matey was in Austria holds no water at all, surely you've heard of Proxy servers, I live in the UK yet this post says im in Luxembourg  ;) and i bet they need proxy servers now more than ever over there...
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landey Posted at 3-22 01:45
I upvoted your post.

You just omit one thing. If you sign in to your account in UK you will see UK under your avatar. But if you sign out then sign in under the US flag after a few hours it will show you as US. Its a fault no doubt and I came on this as I signed to another country just to see how much a drone costs in Sweden , returned to the forum only to see I’m now based in Sweden ;+) typical dji SW.

I’m not doubting your observation was correct I believe it was. But manipulating the system is possible.
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 03:56
You just omit one thing. If you sign in to your account in UK you will see UK under your avatar. But if you sign out then sign in under the US flag after a few hours it will show you as US. Its a fault no doubt and I came on this as I signed to another country just to see how much a drone costs in Sweden , returned to the forum only to see I’m now based in Sweden ;+) typical dji SW.

I’m not doubting your observation was correct I believe it was. But manipulating the system is possible.

Of course it's possible to manipulate each and every system, I've got some experience regarding such matters. ;)

But if someone wishes to present himself as credible "Ukrainian drone operator", he won't wish to manipulate the system in a way harming his credibility. And if he's just a tiny bit at home with the way Aeroscope works, he shouldn't have been surprised of the system failing in the present situation.
As far as I know, it's been his first and only post. Just to sow wind turning into a storm, happily picked up by several others, happily spreading the rumour of DJI taking sides.
And people fell for it. :/
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-22 02:05
No I didn't, or it wasnt my intention, i was editing the post before you jumped on it fully-fledged, yes i post in haste and when i read it back i find that its not how it sounded in my head, hence the editing, you just didnt give me time to finish, i rectified it in parts, read a part edited, read another part, fact checked again and edited it, all in the space of about what 15 minutes and it ended in DJI's favour.

And your basis that matey was in Austria holds no water at all, surely you've heard of Proxy servers, I live in the UK yet this post says im in Luxembourg  ;) and i bet they need proxy servers now more than ever over there...

I believe you.
But you now experienced yourself what such emotion-added posts like that of the "Ukrainian drone operator" cause: taking things for real without further reflecting about them as long as some buzzwords like "our people dying here" (or similar) are included.
And spreading the rumour by "naturally" connecting rumours with facts.
Regarding information, we need to be utmost careful in times like these.
Getting reliable information is almost impossible; thus it's quite important sticking to pure facts.

Of course I know proxy servers. But I don't see a sound reason for spoofing your location if you wish to be taken as a credible source of information. But if you've got an idea, just tell me.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Landey Posted at 3-22 04:31
Of course it's possible to manipulate each and every system, I've got some experience regarding such matters. ;)

But if someone wishes to present himself as credible "Ukrainian drone operator", he won't wish to manipulate the system in a way harming his credibility. And if he's just a tiny bit at home with the way Aeroscope works, he shouldn't have been surprised of the system failing in the present situation.

So many wasters and trolls on this forum.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Landey Posted at 3-22 04:46
I believe you.
But you now experienced yourself what such emotion-added posts like that of the "Ukrainian drone operator" cause: taking things for real without further reflecting about them as long as some buzzwords like "our people dying here" (or similar) are included.
And spreading the rumour by "naturally" connecting rumours with facts.

I aint got a clue what you're on about,  i got to "emotion added posts" and then it all became a blur up til the last paragraph, people want to feel safe on the internet or perhaps they cannot access certain sites because they are blocked to them, for example, here in the UK many file sharing sites are blocked to us, so i have use a proxy to get past it, i do turn it off again though but many leave them on full time, i dont get why you think that that makes matey non-credible. Another example, trumpety trumps new truth malarky is only available to the US, therefore cannot be accessed outside of the US but if you use a proxy you're in. But then theres also the security aspect of it too, i think you really need to read up on the use of them instead of slating someone thats using more than likely using one for his safety/security.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 05:14
So many wasters and trolls on this forum.

Agreed, im done now, you can only explain so more and im rubbish at doing so, im exhuasted lol
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks like theyve unblocked my reply now so you can see it in its entirety.
2022-3-22
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-22 11:02
It looks like theyve unblocked my reply now so you can see it in its entirety.

I was actually seeing it earlier, but just now it just says something about the moderator's shield!
2022-3-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 3-22 11:05
I was actually seeing it earlier, but just now it just says something about the moderator's shield!

Thats weird, its showing as blocked on here now, ah, hold on, i can see it on the mobile site, just not on the PC browser ;)
2022-3-22
Use props
Landey
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 3-22 07:54
I aint got a clue what you're on about,  i got to "emotion added posts" and then it all became a blur up til the last paragraph, people want to feel safe on the internet or perhaps they cannot access certain sites because they are blocked to them, for example, here in the UK many file sharing sites are blocked to us, so i have use a proxy to get past it, i do turn it off again though but many leave them on full time, i dont get why you think that that makes matey non-credible. Another example, trumpety trumps new truth malarky is only available to the US, therefore cannot be accessed outside of the US but if you use a proxy you're in. But then theres also the security aspect of it too, i think you really need to read up on the use of them instead of slating someone thats using more than likely using one for his safety/security.

It's obvious you ain't got a clue; you still didn't get what you did, and refuse to understand the difference of telling facts and spreading rumours to the disadvantage of DJI. We could also call that swiftboating, diffamation or character assassination.

Maybe a repetition works some wonders: You stated DJI removed Ukraine from Aeroscope. You adopted that from a propaganda post in the other thread also dealing with this firmware update. And then you abused DJI admitting there are problems with Aeroscope in that area as a proof.
Still don't see what you did?

I then explained to you that in a war zone countless signal jammers are used to cripple the other party's communication. A signal jammer impedes signal reception. Aeroscope cannot work if it cannot receive drone signals. That's why DJI had to admit issues with Aeroscope, because Aeroscope CANNOT work with signal jammers in the vicinity. They did not block anyone, their system got jammed by military activity.
But you happily and blindly adopted the "I heard ...", "According to reports ..." parts of the propaganda post and claimed DJI deliberately removed U. from Aeroscope.
Again: It's pure physics, not taking a side in a conflict.
Is it THAT hard to understand you did a wrong accusation, and a quite severe one?

For the proxy part: I wrote "But I don't see a sound reason for spoofing your location if you wish to be taken as a credible source of information."
See? "spoofing your location". So you knew very well I know how proxy servers works. And still you tried to lecture me and others. And during that lecture, you again accused DJI, this time in an indirect way. By suggesting that DJI blocks forum users from Ukraine, so for posting you'd need to use a proxy server. Swiftboating, diffamation, character assassination again! Or bashing, Bashy.
If you did that in other forums, you'd be kicked out forever in no time, with legal proceedings following swiftly.
I really hope you eventually realize you crossed several red lines of mutual respect.
2022-3-22
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 3-22 20:15
Thats weird, its showing as blocked on here now, ah, hold on, i can see it on the mobile site, just not on the PC browser ;)

Yup, same here. Visible in the app, not on PC.
2022-3-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Landey Posted at 3-22 23:06
It's obvious you ain't got a clue; you still didn't get what you did, and refuse to understand the difference of telling facts and spreading rumours to the disadvantage of DJI. We could also call that swiftboating, diffamation or character assassination.

Maybe a repetition works some wonders: You stated DJI removed Ukraine from Aeroscope. You adopted that from a propaganda post in the other thread also dealing with this firmware update. And then you abused DJI admitting there are problems with Aeroscope in that area as a proof.

Did i mention i was bored earlier, i still am...
2022-3-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules