Extended cable to use on strap mount
560 10 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WillRivera
lvl.1

United States

So i want to use the action 2 in my next vacation, i want to be able to mount it on my shoulder strap, but becasue of the power and space liitaions, it doesnt seems is going to work. looking around i noticed third party accessoires out there. I noticed a few power cables that attached to the bottom of the sigle camera unit, and you can have them powered all the time...i guess. but is there a cable that can plug on the single camera unit and the the other end on the power unit. This would be ideal for what i am looking  to do...

2022-3-21
Use props
djiuser_FDq85JfWKYxj
lvl.1

United States

following the answers...
2022-3-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ulanzi makes a case for both upper and lower portions of the camera. The one just for the camera has a usb c port so you could have a cable from external power supply to keep it charged at all times. Have a look at their site. You may find a solution.
2022-3-21
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm surprised that there isn't a 3rd party cable to connect the two halves of the Action 2 at a distance from each other - no inside knowledge is required as it would only need to be pin-to-pin passthrough.  But - whatever cable length was chosen might suit some users and not others.  So perhaps it's not commercially viable.
2022-3-21
Use props
WillRivera
lvl.1

United States

Visual Air Posted at 3-21 12:40
Ulanzi makes a case for both upper and lower portions of the camera. The one just for the camera has a usb c port so you could have a cable from external power supply to keep it charged at all times. Have a look at their site. You may find a solution.

yes i seen these, but not what i am trying to look for. Thanks for the reply
2022-3-22
Use props
WillRivera
lvl.1

United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 3-21 14:36
I'm surprised that there isn't a 3rd party cable to connect the two halves of the Action 2 at a distance from each other - no inside knowledge is required as it would only need to be pin-to-pin passthrough.  But - whatever cable length was chosen might suit some users and not others.  So perhaps it's not commercially viable.

Exactly what i want/ need. Telesin makes a cable that kind of maybe it will work if i buy 2 and the attached the cable together. But not sure if it will work...
2022-3-22
Use props
WillRivera
lvl.1

United States

have this in both ends to match the pins as suggested above...

2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_xSwSveIHap0D
lvl.4
New Zealand

Can you not mount the combined modules to your backpack/chest strap? Running a bulky cable and still carrying both modules seems like an overkill…

Personally I would just shoot with the lens module and dump the footage/recharge every 40min or so (whenever you fill the internal memory)…
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WillRivera. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI Action 2, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Action 2 and uses this accessory on the said DJI Action Camera. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party accessory on your DJI Action 2. There is a possibility that these 3rd party accessories will be able work properly. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the safety of the said 3rd party accessories if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2022-3-22
Use props
WillRivera
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_xSwSveIHap0D Posted at 3-22 17:56
Can you not mount the combined modules to your backpack/chest strap? Running a bulky cable and still carrying both modules seems like an overkill…

Personally I would just shoot with the lens module and dump the footage/recharge every 40min or so (whenever you fill the internal memory)…

Of course I can, but not what I really want. this will make it twice the size as what I would like it to be. I want to be very discrete and almost some what unnoticeable. recording at 4k/60 that will be almost every 20 minutes to unload files, just want it to be able to record anywhere, anytime, discrete and not to worry about distractions while i am enjoying my vacation. But thanks for the suggestion...  
2022-3-23
Use props
WICreekPaddler
lvl.4
United States

I like the idea of something like this and hopefully a 3rd party can come up with some solution.
2022-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules