IMU Calibration
11723 15 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyin Ryan 420
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2097713 ft
United States

I keep getting IMU not calibrated message code 30055 and IMU initialization failed code 30084. Only happens when UAV has sat for several hours. After turning on codes show up and then disappear after 30 seconds or so. My UAV is only few days old and has done this since firmware update the other day. I have calibrated IMU and refresh firmware through Assistant 2. Seems to fly great just seeing if I should be concerned. After it’s flown I can restart it fine with no errors.
90CE359E-A8F5-4EEA-8532-959857B99344.png
2022-3-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. With regards to this error message, you just need to calibrate the IMU of the aircraft in an open space without any metals or possible interference around it. This message appears when the aircraft is failed to detect the IMU data or there is an abnormal IMU error. This error message will isolate by calibrating the IMU. Thank you for your vlaued support.
2022-3-22
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
United States

I have tried multiple IMU calibrations at multiple spots.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would return it, but before you return either factory reset on dji assistant or roll back to last FW or refresh last FW. Ive seen new updates cause these errors and usually refresh fixes the problem.

Its very rare to be asked to calibrate IMU unless you had a hard landing or crashed.
2022-3-22
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 09:29
I would return it, but before you return either factory reset on dji assistant or roll back to last FW or refresh last FW. Ive seen new updates cause these errors and usually refresh fixes the problem.

Its very rare to be asked to calibrate IMU unless you had a hard landing or crashed.

Probably the plan. You unfortunately cannot factory reset the UAV for some reason like I could the Phantom on the Assistant. I tried rolling back firmware and still have the issue. The strange thing is if I start it while holding it I don't get the codes. Only when I start it while its on the ground.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 3-22 11:32
Probably the plan. You unfortunately cannot factory reset the UAV for some reason like I could the Phantom on the Assistant. I tried rolling back firmware and still have the issue. The strange thing is if I start it while holding it I don't get the codes. Only when I start it while its on the ground.

Very strange looks like you might have to ship back.
2022-3-22
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 12:02
Very strange looks like you might have to ship back.

Yeah. I’m gonna exchange it at Best Buy. Unfortunately 100 mile drive but oh well. Lol. Any idea if I can switch my refresh I purchased to replacement air 2s? Appreciate you’re help.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 3-22 13:15
Yeah. I’m gonna exchange it at Best Buy. Unfortunately 100 mile drive but oh well. Lol. Any idea if I can switch my refresh I purchased to replacement air 2s? Appreciate you’re help.

Yes you can , just email mailto:djicare@dji.com and let them know you have returned your drone. I think you need to activate second one before you send the email.
2022-3-22
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 13:25
Yes you can , just email mailto:djicare@dji.com and let them know you have returned your drone. I think you need to activate second one before you send the email.

Thanks so much! Really appreciate the help!
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 3-22 14:17
Thanks so much! Really appreciate the help!

……
2022-3-22
Use props
Flyin Ryan 406
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 14:20
……

Got new one and have no issues with IMU codes. So far so good. Happy I took you’re advice and did exchange. Now send DJI a bill for the customer service you provided.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Flyin Ryan 406 Posted at 3-22 18:01
Got new one and have no issues with IMU codes. So far so good. Happy I took you’re advice and did exchange. Now send DJI a bill for the customer service you provided.

Good luck with this one.
2022-3-23
Use props
Derby Polo
New

United States

Subject: Help Needed - DJI FPV Drone IMU Calibration Issue

Hello DJI community,

I need your assistance with a frustrating issue I'm facing with my new DJI FPV Drone. Despite following the calibration instructions carefully, I'm unable to calibrate the IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit) on the drone. As a result, I haven't been able to fly it even once.

I've tried multiple times, ensuring a level surface and no magnetic interference, but the calibration process always fails. Firmware updates for both the drone and remote controller are up to date, and I've also attempted a factory reset without success.

I'm reaching out to this community for any suggestions or advice you may have. If you've encountered this problem or know of a potential solution, I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm excited to experience the capabilities of the DJI FPV Drone and would love to overcome this obstacle.

Thank you for your support. Looking forward to your responses.
2023-10-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Derby Polo Posted at 10-29 09:14
Subject: Help Needed - DJI FPV Drone IMU Calibration Issue

Hello DJI community,

Hello, Derby. Sorry about the experience. Please try to refresh the firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate it again. Has your aircraft ever crashed?
2023-10-30
Use props
Derby Polo
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 10-30 02:04
Hello, Derby. Sorry about the experience. Please try to refresh the firmware version using the DJI Assistant 2 and calibrate it again. Has your aircraft ever crashed?

My aircraft has not crashed. I haven’t been able to fly it once. Its brand new out of the box.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Derby Polo Posted at 10-30 21:23
My aircraft has not crashed. I haven’t been able to fly it once. Its brand new out of the box.

Hi, Derby. If you already tried calibrating the IMU multiple times and made sure it's on a leveled surface and also tried refreshing the firmware. I'm afraid it needs to be sent to DJI for inspection. You can submit a repair request here: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.
2023-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules