5579 13 2022-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Folks. I'm sure this has been covered before but what free program is the best to view the stiched DNG files? I tried using it for the first time yesterday and I see that each of the 3 or 5 rapid shots are shown separately. Stupid question, right?

2022-3-21
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not a stupid question at all.  The program of choice I use for RAW files (the DNG format) is Affiniti photo.  (I use on mac, not sure if they have a windows version or not.)

I know a lot of folks are photoshop / lightroom fans.  I just do not care for their monthly subscription pricing.

I use Affiniti to take the AEB group of three or five pictures and synthesize a great photo made from these.  Interested in hearing what others use!
2022-3-21
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

The Mavic 3 does not create stitched DNG files. You would have to do that yourself. There will be a saved and stitched JPG plus the unstitiched DNG or DNG+JPG photos saved in a separate folder.
2022-3-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The Rapid shots, or 5 shot AEB cannot be stitched, its the same photo taken at different exposures and needs to be merged in layers you can use any software that edits/reads raw/dng. Photoshop camera raw is probably the most common, but there are many paid and free options
2022-3-21
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

TonyPHX Posted at 3-21 12:28
Not a stupid question at all.  The program of choice I use for RAW files (the DNG format) is Affiniti photo.  (I use on mac, not sure if they have a windows version or not.)

I know a lot of folks are photoshop / lightroom fans.  I just do not care for their monthly subscription pricing.

I use both Affinity (as my main layer based editor) and increasingly SNS-HDR Pro.  If I'm feeling like nothing is working I throw it in Luminar Neo and often it surprises me!

I tend to get lost in the Lightroom non-destructive edits where you store the edits in a file plus I rarely go back and re-edit something. Generally I end up with RAW file (my negative) and a jpeg. If it's a really complex edit I sometimes save the Affinity file.

I'm also a big fan of Topaz Denoise and Gigapixel. That has been great for the small scratchy Mavic Mini files.
2022-3-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 3-21 20:41
I use both Affinity (as my main layer based editor) and increasingly SNS-HDR Pro.  If I'm feeling like nothing is working I throw it in Luminar Neo and often it surprises me!

I tend to get lost in the Lightroom non-destructive edits where you store the edits in a file plus I rarely go back and re-edit something. Generally I end up with RAW file (my negative) and a jpeg. If it's a really complex edit I sometimes save the Affinity file.

Thanks for the tips
2022-3-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 3-21 12:44
The Rapid shots, or 5 shot AEB cannot be stitched, its the same photo taken at different exposures and needs to be merged in layers you can use any software that edits/reads raw/dng. Photoshop camera raw is probably the most common, but there are many paid and free options

Thanks Hallmark
2022-3-21
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-21 12:28
Not a stupid question at all.  The program of choice I use for RAW files (the DNG format) is Affiniti photo.  (I use on mac, not sure if they have a windows version or not.)

Appreciate your thoughts
2022-3-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use Lightroom to merge AEB shots and AEB panos.   It can do both with only a few clicks.
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here with regards to the best software that you need for your project. Thank you for your valued support and have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-3-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-22 00:19
I use Lightroom to merge AEB shots and AEB panos.   It can do both with only a few clicks.

And I may finally need to stop being cheap and give Adobe a few bucks to do this. : )  The AEB conversion seems to be a few clicks more in Affinity.
2022-3-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 3-22 06:40
And I may finally need to stop being cheap and give Adobe a few bucks to do this. : )  The AEB conversion seems to be a few clicks more in Affinity.

You can trial it for free to give it a go.
2022-3-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-22 07:26
You can trial it for free to give it a go.

I'll probably just get a subscription going again.  : )  I am on a kick lately where I am hating subscriptions.  May have something to do with having Netflix, Peacock(?), Amazon Prime, YoutubeTV, HBO Max, and the list goes on.  Nobody can watch all that.  

If Adobe went back to a basic buy it, I would probably feel better about a one time buy, not knowing how much I may use it or not.
2022-3-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 3-22 10:50
I'll probably just get a subscription going again.  : )  I am on a kick lately where I am hating subscriptions.  May have something to do with having Netflix, Peacock(?), Amazon Prime, YoutubeTV, HBO Max, and the list goes on.  Nobody can watch all that.  

If Adobe went back to a basic buy it, I would probably feel better about a one time buy, not knowing how much I may use it or not.

Im with you,   I hate subscriptions too.
2022-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules