DJI Can we please have this Matrice 30 feature on the Mavic 3?
2950 33 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Hello DJI

We were very impressed to see the launch of the Matrice 30 it looks to be an amazing drone for first reposonders, inspectors and cinematographers.

There is one feature on that drone that would be so suited to be incorporated on the Mavic 3 and that is the ability to do automated customisable high resolution grid stitches with the 7x tele.

As found here after 3:49...

...and shown in this screen shot...

Grid capture.jpg

Really hope you can consider including this feature and hopefully the support from the forum shows this would be a really appreciated. This would provide something we have never had in the Mavic series before. The ability to capture a customisable area of the main view in very high resolution image way exceeding what the main sensor could capture.

Many thanks

Andrew
Grid capture.jpg
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job, if dji don’t implement this they are missing a big trick .
2022-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 12:28
Good job, if dji don’t implement this they are missing a big trick .

"Missing the big trick" is DJI's forte nowdays.
Lumbering their top prosumer drone with the DJi Go app is a prime example.
Crippling it and not getting around to fixing it for three months is another.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-22 14:29
"Missing the big trick" is DJI's forte nowdays.
Lumbering their top prosumer drone with the DJi Go app is a prime example.
Crippling it and not getting around to fixing it for three months is another.

I don’t have a problem with the app and I don’t see to many threads around complaining about it. I did see one thread put up by kloogee if you want to look for it, but almost no one could point to what was wrong with the app except a few things missing and this was before apps last update. I think the GPS problem will be sorted soon. Yes there were problems but there are some good things about the drone.
2022-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 14:53
I don’t have a problem with the app and I don’t see to many threads around complaining about it. I did see one thread put up by kloogee if you want to look for it, but almost no one could point to what was wrong with the app except a few things missing and this was before apps last update. I think the GPS problem will be sorted soon. Yes there were problems but there are some good things about the drone.

I don’t have a problem with the app
We know .. you love telling this at every opportunity.
But for most experienced operators who have used the much, much, better Go 4 app, the lack of important features thay are used to is serious.
I think the GPS problem will be sorted soon.
You hope things will be fixed soon, but have no idea when/if it will.

2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-22 15:07
I don’t have a problem with the app
We know .. you love telling this at every opportunity.
But for most experienced operators who have used the much, much, better Go 4 app, the lack of important features thay are used to is serious.

Where are these most experienced users of GO4 and what features are missing that are having a real affect on their photography that is so serious ? You also spend much time harping on about the app but haven’t explained why Go 4 is that much better. I do remember for a long time go4 coming in for real stick and and it rates no better than the fly app.
2022-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 15:15
Where are these most experienced users of GO4 and what features are missing that are having a real affect on their photography that is so serious ? You also spend much time harping on about the app but haven’t explained why Go 4 is that much better. I do remember for a long time go4 coming in for real stick and and it rates no better than the fly app.

Where are these most experienced users of GO4 and what features are missing that are having a real affect on their photography that is so serious ?
You also spend much time harping on about the app but haven’t explained why Go 4 is that much better.
The way you keep asking for it is tedious in extreme.
Here are a couple of things just to start.
Not being able to disable sensors
Not being able to adjust camera settings with the controller

Not being able to have continuous file index
Inadequate display of features and functions
Not having the full range of settings and options thet were available in Go 4.

All these features were available in Go4, but DJI thought it was good enough to impose their crummy, entry level app on users of their top level prosumer drone.
That you claim to be a professional user, but aren't inconvenienced by these seems odd, but that's just you.
There ahve been lots of serious users expressing disappointment with the Fly app in this forum and other places on the web.
You have your own weird opinion, but lots of others have different ideas.

I do remember for a long time go4 coming in for real stick and and it rates no better than the fly app.
Now you are making things up.
The fully featured DJI Go 4 app was great right from the start.

2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-22 15:53
Where are these most experienced users of GO4 and what features are missing that are having a real affect on their photography that is so serious ?
You also spend much time harping on about the app but haven’t explained why Go 4 is that much better.
The way you keep asking for it is tedious in extreme.

“Not being able to disable sensors “
  You can disable sensors
“Not being able to adjust camera settings with the controller”.
Thats correct

“Not being able to have continuous file index.”
Thats correct

I”nadequate display of features and functions”
  it has a much cleaner display , which many prefer.

Not having the full range of settings and options thet were available in Go 4. It has as big a range of options and is clearly developing

“Now you are making things up.”
D71407B5-51FE-41AE-880E-03D0B018FBAA.jpeg

These are obviously voted on by users of the app. There is a much greater difference on the android versions.
2022-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 16:15
“Not being able to disable sensors “
  You can disable sensors
“Not being able to adjust camera settings with the controller”.

Can you disable the VPS sensors on the M3?

User "ratings" are completely meaningless and count for nothing.
2022-3-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-22 16:38
Can you disable the VPS sensors on the M3?

User "ratings" are completely meaningless and count for nothing.

VPS no not at the moment.

We can say the same about all ratings.

I still believe Fly will end up a better app than go 4 .
2022-3-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-22 16:46

We can say the same about all ratings.

Really?
But someone who's extremely knowlegable just told me that you can disable sensors.

I still believe Fly will end up a better app than go 4 .

With no facts to guide your thinking, you hope it does.
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-3-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-22 21:28
Hello there Bussty. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Stephen if you can make it happen I'll buy you a beer too. Actually I have promised DJI Paladin a box of beer so I'll have to match it :-) First one that reports back we are getting Automatic 7x grid stitching will win the beer!  :-)  Thank you (also means I better buy a Mavic 3 now!)
2022-3-22
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2022-3-22
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Lucas626 Posted at 3-22 23:05
I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just when you thought drones have developed all they can. The zoom on the Matrice is huge! It's a good thing it doesn't fit neatly into a 1/4 of my pack pack otherwise the temptation!
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wish they would bring a macro mode to the drones so that we can automate tasks like this for ourselves.
2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 00:51
I wish they would bring a macro mode to the drones so that we can automate tasks like this for ourselves.

That level of customization would be great. Dronelink has that. I got very excited once and thought "Right I'm going to learn Javascript and have this software doing exactly what I want" I was fastidious in studying it up for about a weekend then I lost the will

I know that's not the same thing but a macro function like Photoshop uses would be very useful apart from teaching it to do 100 shot grids! :-)
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 3-23 01:00
That level of customization would be great. Dronelink has that. I got very excited once and thought "Right I'm going to learn Javascript and have this software doing exactly what I want" I was fastidious in studying it up for about a weekend then I lost the will

I know that's not the same thing but a macro function like Photoshop uses would be very useful apart from teaching it to do 100 shot grids! :-)

I wasnt aware Dronelink had macro support.  I will check that out.
2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 01:04
I wasnt aware Dronelink had macro support.  I will check that out.

It's more you-can-code-what-you-like-support but you need to know Javascript but many of their routines allow you to adjust parameters which is pretty cool
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-22 17:48
Really?
But someone who's extremely knowlegable just told me that you can disable sensors.

You asked about sensors and i answered correctly. You didn’t ask about any specific sensors. I seem to remember buying a P4 in march 2016 and in late summer we received an update in the app to turn off VPS .

Yes fly app is much cleaner and menus are much easier to get through , camera options are much easier to locate and features Active track etc are by far are lot quicker to access and use. Just to mention a few.
2022-3-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 3-23 01:43
You asked about sensors and i answered correctly. You didn’t ask about any specific sensors. I seem to remember buying a P4 in march 2016 and in late summer we received an update in the app to turn off VPS .

Yes fly app is much cleaner and menus are much easier to get through , camera options are much easier to locate and features Active track etc are by far are lot quicker to access and use. Just to mention a few.

You don't have to keep telling me.
I get it.
You think the Fly app is the best thing since boiled potatoes and anyone thinking differently doesn't know what they are talking about.
But you are just plain wrong.  (Just as you are about answering correctly)

Just give up ... you'll never convince users that want the features, options and convenience they are used to with a proper control app for experienced users.
2022-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Labroides Posted at 3-23 01:51
You don't have to keep telling me.
I get it.
You think the Fly app is the best thing since boiled potatoes and anyone thinking differently doesn't know what they are talking about.

“Just give up ... you'll never convince users that want the features, options and convenience “they are used to” with a proper control app for experienced users.”

I think its you who gave up, they say its hard to teach an old dog new tricks , I understand that one, I do prefer my camera because it has Dials "old school" ;+)
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 3-23 01:18
It's more you-can-code-what-you-like-support but you need to know Javascript but many of their routines allow you to adjust parameters which is pretty cool

thanks -  Javascript isnt a problem.   
2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 02:38
thanks -  Javascript isnt a problem.

In that case enjoy! The forum is very helpful over there.
2022-3-23
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, please, that is a feature we really need! Being able to identify a target rectangle on wide angle and have the drone switch to x7 and cover it... What a deal!
2022-3-23
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

i agree, a very good feature that i would love to see on the Mavic 3 !
2022-3-23
Use props
jerryway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4031483 ft
United States

The reality is, it took DJI 2+ month, just to fix the bug for slow GPS acquisition. No new features in the latest firmware. Just bug fix.

DJI has a laundry list of things to support/implement, before they even get the chance to touch this one.

- RAW support for 7X telephoto lens
- manual exposure control for 7X telephoto lens
- missing lens profile in DNG files captured by ultra-wide lens
- timelapse support for ultra-wide lens
- missing "tripod mode"
- waypoints support
- support continuous file index
- ability to disable downward sensor (for hand catch)
- customizable control wheel (for exposure compensation)
- add user-defined low-battery percentage warning (was in Go 4, removed in DJI Fly)
- so on and so forth.

2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 3-23 04:03
In that case enjoy! The forum is very helpful over there.

I had a peruse of the forum and the documentation,    it looks very good,  actually more sophisticated than I actually envisioned,   the only downside seems to the the price.
2022-3-23
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 23:35
I had a peruse of the forum and the documentation,    it looks very good,  actually more sophisticated than I actually envisioned,   the only downside seems to the the price.

Have you seen these plans?  https://app.dronelink.com/pricing/hobbyist

From memory (and this was on my Mavic Mini) even on the basic plan you could use functions or on the fly to do mapping missions and all manner of missions. My favourite was the fly to a point mark the position mark the camera view etc fly to the next point mark and so on then save it as a re-runable mission.

It was all there was for a while with the Mini then Litchi came out and while not as advanced it had a much simpler work flow and planning tool on line, but Dronelink has improved also.
2022-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 3-24 01:05
Have you seen these plans?  https://app.dronelink.com/pricing/hobbyist

From memory (and this was on my Mavic Mini) even on the basic plan you could use functions or on the fly to do mapping missions and all manner of missions. My favourite was the fly to a point mark the position mark the camera view etc fly to the next point mark and so on then save it as a re-runable mission.

I have the Mavic 2 pro so that pushed me up the categories before I even start,  and then to get most of the features its 100 bucks.
2022-3-24
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DAFlys Posted at 3-24 01:06
I have the Mavic 2 pro so that pushed me up the categories before I even start,  and then to get most of the features its 100 bucks.

Ah OK yes that becomes substantial then....  will Litchi cover it when/if that SDK is released?
2022-3-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be cool!
2022-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bussty Posted at 3-22 21:55
Thank you DJI Stephen if you can make it happen I'll buy you a beer too. Actually I have promised DJI Paladin a box of beer so I'll have to match it :-) First one that reports back we are getting Automatic 7x grid stitching will win the beer!  :-)  Thank you (also means I better buy a Mavic 3 now!)

Hi there Bussty. You very much welcome and thank you for these wonderful information that you have given. Again, thank you for your valued support and have a nice day. .
2022-3-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 3-24 01:24
Ah OK yes that becomes substantial then....  will Litchi cover it when/if that SDK is released?

Litchi already works for the M2P but is somewhat limited in the number of operations you can make at any waypoint.
2022-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules