DJI OM5 dimming iPhone Screen
1690 4 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JamieE
New

United States

I've had my OM5 for three days now, and am disheartened to see that using the software causes the iPhone screen to dim to the point of being unusable. It's a visible thing. You can see the screen dim in big steps. What's more is, iOS loses the ability to reset the brightness. Once the phone goes dim, neighter the Control Center brightness adjustment brings it back, nor the Settings brightness slider. You have to power down the phone, and then power it back up. Upon powering back up, you can see the brightness readjust to normal. I've seen post here talking about the app overheating the phone, causing it to go into emergency mode. Thing is, the phone itself isn't getting hot. A little warm, as is normal for prolonged camera use, but nothing major. As for the temperature outside, it is bright and sunny at a whopping 67 degrees fahrenheit.

DJI OM5
DJI Mimo V1.7.14
iPhone 13Pro
iOS 15.4

2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JamieE. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue that you are having and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device ( https://terra-1-g.djicdn.com/851 ... ibility_List_en.pdf ) on your DJI OM 5 for us to be able to isolate the issue and kindly please post a short sample video showing the issue for us to see and can assist. Thank you.
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_RtLoupGzzbmx
New

United States

I use a recommended phone, apple 12 max pro.  It does it on my device too - I had to stop using the om5.

This problem also occurs with my mavic  air 2s as well.  

No solution there either.  

2022-5-21
Use props
ericwass
New
United States

This is absolutely killing me. It happens every time I use my iPhone 13 Pro on my OM3 with DJI Mimo. After about 10 min I'm just guessing where to point the phone because in bright daylight the screen is impossible to see. I've tried using Filmic Pro and the stock camera app but Filmic Pro won't let zoom cycle through the different lenses and the stock camera app won't zoom at all (with the OM rocker). I just had Apple swap me out with a brand new iPhone 13 Pro and, with a virgin installation, it still happens all the time. I want to scream. Something is very wrong with Mimo.
2022-5-24
Use props
Vector1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2010620 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

Sad to say i had the exact same experience today using the newly purchased OM6 with my iphone 13 pro max. Thought what on earth is going on here - dimmed screen after about 10 mins of use. Ended up quitting mimo app & using iphone app. Please tell me there is a fix whilst using the mimo app & this infuriating dimmed screen.
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules