10395 26 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henrik Olsen
Captain
Flight distance : 2042385 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

The Maven App for DJI Drones can now be used DJI Mini 2, DJI Air 2S, and DJI Mini SE after DJI SDK has been released and will give you access to some really incredible features like Waypoints integrating circles and even spirals, follow me with augmented reality, VR & more:-)

Note! Comment on the video and you will have a chance to win a free license

2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have created with us. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Drones. These 3rd party applications might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2022-3-22
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-22 20:03
Hello there Henrik Olsen. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have created with us. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Drones. These 3rd party applications might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.

I know :-)

But you still provide an open SDK for 3rd party to advantage of :-)

2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-3-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 00:47
Thanks for sharing.

It's pretty cool what can you can do with this app, especially the cable cam is pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to explore the new options in waypoints more :-)
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 3-23 00:56
It's pretty cool what can you can do with this app, especially the cable cam is pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to explore the new options in waypoints more :-)

I wasnt aware of this one,   looks like it might be worth raking out the regular controller and trying it.    Shame they dont have an android version.
2022-3-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 00:57
I wasnt aware of this one,   looks like it might be worth raking out the regular controller and trying it.    Shame they dont have an android version.

There is only 1 guy doing this and as far as I know, he does not have any plans for an Android
2022-3-23
Use props
CutAussie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 336657 ft
Australia

Best upgrade yet. I got 6 test flights in yesterday using a 1.6km test flight around my neighbourhood using Maven. Surprised at how well it works. Only think that seem a lit off is that corner radius seem larger than programmed.  More tests if rain stops
2022-3-23
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 3-23 01:13
There is only 1 guy doing this and as far as I know, he does not have any plans for an Android

That's a real shame... Looking at what this does it could have been the one to tempt me to dabble away from the Fly app for the first time - but it would need to be Android ☹️.
2022-3-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Henrik Olsen Posted at 3-23 01:13
There is only 1 guy doing this and as far as I know, he does not have any plans for an Android

Have you tried Drone Link,  that got some very powerful options.  
2022-3-23
Use props
Henrik Olsen
Captain
  • >>>
Denmark

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 23:28
Have you tried Drone Link,  that got some very powerful options.

I did try it at some point, but not enough to say anything real about it
2022-3-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-3-24
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

Tried Maven for first time today, needs a bit of learning even though I went through all the guides.  One problem I have with it is its failure to pick up the location and GPS satellites from my Iphone x.  Every time I went into track the same error comes up saying poor GPS reception on my device.  Doesn't show number of satellites either just stays orange or red.  App works fine in many ways but I need to solve this issue.
2022-3-25
Use props
djiuser_XvsrzzgWR2Cw
New

United States

DAFlys Posted at 3-23 00:57
I wasnt aware of this one,   looks like it might be worth raking out the regular controller and trying it.    Shame they dont have an android version.

Use Litchi with Android
2022-4-4
Use props
djiuser_XvsrzzgWR2Cw
New

United States

No Original Thought Posted at 3-23 14:59
That's a real shame... Looking at what this does it could have been the one to tempt me to dabble away from the Fly app for the first time - but it would need to be Android ☹️.

Use Litchi
2022-4-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Litchi doenst have the same features.   
2022-4-4
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

This looks really interesting...  Does anyone know if these 3rd party controller apps eliminate DJI's No Fly Zone restrictions?  Or prevent possible mandatory FW updates (so I can stay on 1.03) ?

I do some pc programming - I really need to get into mobile development...  I took a peek at the SDK and it's pretty interesting to see how much control you get...  For example, despite the Fly App not featuring Missions, there is an entire section dedicated to Missions in the SDK (which is how Maven is able to provide them)...

Introduction
Missions can be used to easily automate flight. There are many different mission types that offer different product behavior. Some missions can be uploaded to and managed by the aircraft, while other missions are managed from the mobile device.

Missions run from the mobile device can offer more complex or customizable behavior, however if the wireless link between remote controller and aircraft is lost then they can be interrupted. In comparison, missions run from the aircraft will be less customizable and be limited by aircraft memory, but be able to continue when there is a loss in the wireless link.

2022-4-5
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_XvsrzzgWR2Cw Posted at 4-4 23:21
Use Litchi

I've looked at Litchi.

It didn't tempt me enough - this looks like it had features that I would want to use, Litchi not so much.
2022-4-5
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

TomKatt Posted at 4-5 02:27
This looks really interesting...  Does anyone know if these 3rd party controller apps eliminate DJI's No Fly Zone restrictions?  Or prevent possible mandatory FW updates (so I can stay on 1.03) ?

I do some pc programming - I really need to get into mobile development...  I took a peek at the SDK and it's pretty interesting to see how much control you get...  For example, despite the Fly App not featuring Missions, there is an entire section dedicated to Missions in the SDK (which is how Maven is able to provide them)...

There is only one way to eliminate the dji no fly restrictions drone-hacks available on their site. Don’t update your firmware or it will prevent you from using this mod. Until they eliminate the option, you can turn off auto update within the fly app.
2022-4-7
Use props
djiuser_BZMo5HHirQP5
New
Flight distance : 91732 ft
Italy

great video explains what this can do spectacular app, that's what we're missing on the mini 2 can't wait to try it Hello and thanks
2022-5-20
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

Every time someone recommends an aftermarket app or accessory you jump in with the same....old.....worn out... beat to death....*reminder*.
It's getting old.

2022-5-20
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_BZMo5HHirQP5 Posted at 5-20 12:38
great video explains what this can do spectacular app, that's what we're missing on the mini 2 can't wait to try it Hello and thanks

The app is great, but not perfect: if we look at the orbit movement, the one provided by DJI Fly is better. In fact, the movement  controlled by Maven has some adjustment bumps that make the footage not so pleasant. I hope it will be fixed.
2022-5-20
Use props
The Soundsmith
lvl.1

United States

MBSL500 Posted at 5-20 14:07
Every time someone recommends an aftermarket app or accessory you jump in with the same....old.....worn out... beat to death....*reminder*.
It's getting old.

Legal self-defense. Now they're covered. But I have used Michele's products on the Bebop 2, he is a skilled programmer, not just some random guy with an SDK and a Python install..
2022-9-20
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
San Marino

Maven for Android is out!!

https://www.mavenpilot.com/2022/12/24/maven-lite-android/
2022-12-25
Use props
djiuser_Zfu8AfteA5m8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 892 ft
United States

DJI is a relentless kill joy. Your app is not compatible with all devices and third party developers have no problem creating apps with more features that are compatible with devices that your app doesn't work with. Instead of employing these developers or at least recomending them as an alternative to your failures we get the same old song and dance that the use of third party apps is not recommended and may void warranty.  Get a grip DJI, others are succeeding where you are failing, it's time to recognize and embrace these developers.
2022-12-25
Use props
neoborg
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MitchRSM Posted at 12-25 04:44
Maven for Android is out!!

https://www.mavenpilot.com/2022/12/24/maven-lite-android/

What will the price be to buy this?
2022-12-26
Use props
Stu.Baby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52218 ft
United Kingdom

neoborg Posted at 12-26 03:16
What will the price be to buy this?

Maven Lite is out but not a full functioning Maven for Android - yet.

Reading down the provided link, Maven Lite is free but recording is disabled until you make an in-app purchase of $5.30 to enable Copilot.

As development of Maven Lite progresses more components will become available for purchase within the app.
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules