Feature request: longer quick clips
1733 5 2022-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_xSwSveIHap0D
lvl.4
New Zealand

Hi DJI, everyone,

I have a use case for longer (say up to 2min) quick clips. I am not going to use them with the AI software (if this is the reason for the current limit at 30s). I just want to be able to turn the camera on, record, then have the camera switch off with a single button press.  This makes life easier when having to pay attention to multiple things other than filming and prevents draining the battery/filling the internal memory if you forget to stop recording.

I was wondering if others would find this feature useful, and maybe hear what the developers (DJI) think about that.

PS Quick Clips is a video recording mode that has a pre-determined length. You can currently choose between 10s, 15s, and 30s
2022-3-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for giving out these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant information will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Action 2 and DJI Mimo updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-3-22
Use props
emxgarcia
lvl.2
United States

I second this request. This can be very useful for me as a motorcyclist because i can setup for a 90 second QuickClip when i turn the camera on, then as soon as it's over the camera shuts off.90 seconds clips cover a decent distance at 25-40 mph on gravel / fire roads to support an eventual day long video.
Also, the fact that the camera shuts down after that insures that you save battery and not have to take your hands off to turn off.
Thanks for listening, we're getting there!
2022-5-26
Use props
fish sticks
lvl.4
New Zealand

Giving this request a bump, since it might be easy to add, and it looks like a firmware update is on the horizon.
2022-12-21
Use props
djiuser_GRb3uCoUyXI4
New

Hungary

Totally agree.

You (dji dev team) can add a scroll with different options, lets say 15s/30s/60s/2m/5m/10m/15m/max

Would be awesome to have something like this or at least an ability to turn off the quick length at all.

In may case i usually film 10 minutes clip and its a bit inconvenient to click 20 times "+30sec"

Thanks
2023-5-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_GRb3uCoUyXI4 Posted at 5-26 23:29
Totally agree.

You (dji dev team) can add a scroll with different options, lets say 15s/30s/60s/2m/5m/10m/15m/max

Hi there. Thanks for the added suggestions. We will continue to communicate this request to the related team for attention. Thank your for your continued support.
2023-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules